Report: Top two candidates for OC are Lindsay and Eli Drinkwitz (Football Scoop)

Jewbaccah

Redemption
Here is the overall consensus from the "experts" on the OC hire:
Hugh Freeze---Yes Please
Chip Lindsey---NOPE. Is just not a good coach but a good guy
Eli the Wolfpack guy--Sure but he will need an elite recruiter at RBs to help him
Will Friend---NOPE. Sure but he will need an elite QB coach to call plays (he has not interest in calling plays)
Dan Enos---Yes Please
Jim Bob Cooter---Maybe. I could not say no to a VFL

No one wants Gruden.
FYP

hog88

Your ray of sunshine
The NCAA will come sniffing around, that is for sure. Also, his resume only looks better because he got a couple of fluke wins against Bama. I pulled his record at Ole Miss 2012-2016. Against P5 opponents he was 22-24.

Mediocre
The NCAA will not come snooping around. The days of the NCAA doing anything of significance to a P5 school are over.

butchna

Sit down and tell me all about it...way over there
What isn't high risk about Freeze? He basically broke every rule in the book.
And didn’t get fired for any of it. Got the axe because he used his university issued phone to get his johnning on. And even tho he was notified that Nutt’s lawyer was going to comb the records, he left his call girl service on his contact list.

Deep down they do. I think anyone on that list would do a good job. HOWEVER, hiring Coach Friend may not be the best idea because it would give the appearance that UT was once again settling for less than the best possible candidate. I hiring Coach Freeze would raise an outcry in some circles for a short time, but it would blow over quickly. Just my opinion, though.

TheDeeble

Guy on the Couch
Deep down they do. I think anyone on that list would do a good job. HOWEVER, hiring Coach Friend may not be the best idea because it would give the appearance that UT was once again settling for less than the best possible candidate. I hiring Coach Freeze would raise an outcry in some circles for a short time, but it would blow over quickly. Just my opinion, though.
If we win, all will be forgiven. Until then there will be much griping and consternation.

Brave Volunteer

The NCAA will come sniffing around, that is for sure. Also, his resume only looks better because he got a couple of fluke wins against Bama. I pulled his record at Ole Miss 2012-2016. Against P5 opponents he was 22-24.

Mediocre
We've already been playing football like we've been NCAA sanctioned for the last 10 years. Might as well have the elite athletes to go with it.

Jax_Vol

And didn’t get fired for any of it. Got the axe because he used his university issued phone to get his johnning on. And even tho he was notified that Nutt’s lawyer was going to comb the records, he left his call girl service on his contact list.
Admittedly, I didn't follow that story.

But, my understanding was that they fired him for item #1 on a list of about 20 things. Once he was gone, no need to pile on / spend more $$$ sorting it all out.

With that said, I will take him in K-town. It would be interesting.

VN Store