Reply to a question

This is a prefect example of why I personally trust an outside source over the media. In the real world they are lying to us creating racial tensions while lying to us creating fear of Covid. This picture is a mixture of all things we’re dealing with in 2020 (no fans=Covid. Kneeling = tensions) and it shows that sports are no different in the way they go about reporting. Believe those practice reports all you want. But ask yourself, “If my significant other lied to me as much as the media, would I not be single by now?”. @de1conley , your opinions are much appreciated in the world we live in today.

Vize (Colts 0-1) (@DeVizeStarset) Tweeted:
I present to you... The Media :)https://t.co/o4Lhq9oYpR

So by this logic you think Pruitt is a liar then? Because if you don't, take a walk with your "bold" post here.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Never said either of them are lying. Especially Chaney given the fact that he rarely talks to media. But if you’re looking at it with an open mind you’d be completely naive to believe all the coaches agree on all things regardless of what they say to the media. Of coarse they will back their boss but that doesn’t mean they agree behind closed doors. As fans, if you want the actual truth you gotta face the facts of occurrences and pay attention to the details of the season. Chaney’s play calling between the qbs was that detail that should tell us all how HE really felt. This is a proven, professional qb coach we’re talking about here and He put the ball in the air much more with Maurer than he did with JG. Does that tell you Maurer was an int machine in practice like we were being told? Does it say he was erratic like we were told? Doesn’t tell me that. It tells me he trusted Maurer quite a bit. According to practice reports why would he trust him so much? Is it possible that we weren’t being told the truth or possibly mislead? Is it possible that Chaney seen it the same way I did when I told you guys last year that what I seen didn’t match reports or the narrative?

Look up what I said about practice last year and you’ll see that what I said is exactly how it played out on the field. I told everyone willing to listen that JG was the most experienced and it showed in his decision making. Maurer was the most accurate and explosive and moved the offense with ease. And Shrout was the strongest arm but control was an issue. But I have no credibility because I know one of them. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah you pretty much did.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
So by this logic you think Pruitt is a liar then? Because if you don't, take a walk with your "bold" post here.
Don’t like it..... don’t read it and keep watching the news while complaining about things you truly know nothing about other than what you’ve been spoon fed.

Yeah you pretty much did.
You’re your own person. You’re free to believe anything you wish from what you read. Nowhere have I ever said “Pruitt is lying” so I didn’t “pretty much” anything. I’ve said what I seen didn’t match the narrative. Which is known as an opinion. Strangely enough, the practice reports are ALSO OPINIONS based on watching warm ups and routes on air. My opinions were based on watching an entire practice with 11-11 included. You want to believe them..... go ahead. Just take another look at the picture on your way out.

Never said either of them are lying. Especially Chaney given the fact that he rarely talks to media. But if you’re looking at it with an open mind you’d be completely naive to believe all the coaches agree on all things regardless of what they say to the media. Of coarse they will back their boss but that doesn’t mean they agree behind closed doors. As fans, if you want the actual truth you gotta face the facts of occurrences and pay attention to the details of the season. Chaney’s play calling between the qbs was that detail that should tell us all how HE really felt. This is a proven, professional qb coach we’re talking about here and He put the ball in the air much more with Maurer than he did with JG. Does that tell you Maurer was an int machine in practice like we were being told? Does it say he was erratic like we were told? Doesn’t tell me that. It tells me he trusted Maurer quite a bit. According to practice reports why would he trust him so much? Is it possible that we weren’t being told the truth or possibly mislead? Is it possible that Chaney seen it the same way I did when I told you guys last year that what I seen didn’t match reports or the narrative?

Look up what I said about practice last year and you’ll see that what I said is exactly how it played out on the field. I told everyone willing to listen that JG was the most experienced and it showed in his decision making. Maurer was the most accurate and explosive and moved the offense with ease. And Shrout was the strongest arm but control was an issue. But I have no credibility because I know one of them. 🤷‍♂️
You have no credibility because you have done nothing but blame others for BMs struggles, you have no credibility because you claim he makes throws only 2 in the NFL can make, you have no credibility when you lied about him not having concussions, you have no credibility because you claim that BM actually played good vs Ky and finally, you have no credibility because you aren't even a fan of Vol football, just a fanboy of BM and you are on a Vol FAN forum spreading all this pathetic nonsense about BM being the most talented QB on the roster. You're closer to being BM than you are to being credible. There is your response to the day you watched practice, your trained eye must need glasses. You also have insinuated our coaches are liars, lol.

You have no credibility because you have done nothing but blame others for BMs struggles, you have no credibility because you claim he makes throws only 2 in the NFL can make, you have no credibility when you lied about him not having concussions, you have no credibility because you claim that BM actually played good vs Ky and finally, you have no credibility because you aren't even a fan of Vol football, just a fanboy of BM and you are on a Vol FAN forum spreading all this pathetic nonsense about BM being the most talented QB on the roster. You're closer to being BM than you are to being credible. There is your response to the day you watched practice, your trained eye must need glasses. You also have insinuated our coaches are liars, lol.
So if my opinion matches @de1conley , who many say has inside knowledge and credibility along with his credentials of training area athletes, are you claiming he’s just as FOS? Have you ever thought that MAYBE it’s just a coincidence that I happen to know the most talented qb on the roster and it’s not just a “fanboy” opinion? Let me tell you all something. Brian didn’t become the qb he is by me passing out compliments. He became the qb he is by being challenged and criticized. Wanna know why he played for such a pathetic Hs team? Because HE learned to be better as a result. He was being recruited by extremely highly ranked Hs teams such as IMG and St Thomas Aquinas. What he would’ve gained (rank and stars) by going to a much better team was minimal in comparison to what he gained in his game by staying where he was. Those improvisational skills he has now is a result of that decision. I may not your respect but I’m no slouch when it comes to evaluation of this position. And judging by what we witnessed to be true last season, Chaney feels the same way.

So if my opinion matches @de1conley , who many say has inside knowledge and credibility along with his credentials of training area athletes, are you claiming he’s just as FOS? Have you ever thought that MAYBE it’s just a coincidence that I happen to know the most talented qb on the roster and it’s not just a “fanboy” opinion? Let me tell you all something. Brian didn’t become the qb he is by me passing out compliments. He became the qb he is by being challenged and criticized. Wanna know why he played for such a pathetic Hs team? Because HE learned to be better as a result. He was being recruited by extremely highly ranked Hs teams such as IMG and St Thomas Aquinas. What he would’ve gained (rank and stars) by going to a much better team was minimal in comparison to what he gained in his game by staying where he was. Those improvisational skills he has now is a result of that decision. I may not your respect but I’m no slouch when it comes to evaluation of this position. And judging by what we witnessed to be true last season, Chaney feels the same way.
Seems to me like you've done nothing but give him bad advice, especially if you think he got more from playing the weak HS district he stayed in over IMG and St. Thomas. It was also bad advice to steer a kid to a program he wasn't ready for both physically or mentally when you knew he was going to get recruited over. I guess the bright lights of the SEC were just too tough to turn down. You may think you know QB evaluation but you don't seem to know what's actually best for the kid.

Wow... giant black hole colored pot... meet kettle.
You offer nothing, you're the biggest NegaVol on this site, you have nearly 20,000 post not one person gave a blip about. You laying claim as to who or what a person's traits are is comical. You have one side, yours, and you like to call folks liars when they don't agree with it. I can't imagine having 40,000+ post and nobody ever liking any of them other than the same 10-15 NegaVols. At some point in time you have to look at those numbers and question if anyone likes you at all.

If Maurer becomes the man. You will disappear. And I THINK we would be winning. So it's ridiculous that you would disappear. But you would.

JG came in saved the day MSU. UK.
That's it. Balled out VS Mizzou.
He didn't "save the day" vs MSU.

He "managed" the game after Maurer got hurt. I am not saying Maurer would or would not have been able to lead the team to a win... but saying JG "saved" that game is overstated. The one TD behind JG could have been thrown by any QB on the roster. It was a set play with no reads and a simple throw. The blocking was excellent and MSU's secondary got sucked inside. One of JG's best passes of the season was to Keyton but then he could not get the TD in the RZ.

Maurer made two pretty terrible decisions on the INT's. But if we're going to say someone "saved" the game... it goes to the D. They held MSU to about 100 yds under their season rushing average and smothered Hill who I believe came in leading the SEC

Reactions: 1vol8
He didn't "save the day" vs MSU.

He "managed" the game after Maurer got hurt. I am not saying Maurer would or would not have been able to lead the team to a win... but saying JG "saved" that game is overstated. The one TD behind JG could have been thrown by any QB on the roster. It was a set play with no reads and a simple throw. The blocking was excellent and MSU's secondary got sucked inside. One of JG's best passes of the season was to Keyton but then he could not get the TD in the RZ.

Maurer made two pretty terrible decisions on the INT's. But if we're going to say someone "saved" the game... it goes to the D. They held MSU to about 100 yds under their season rushing average and smothered Hill who I believe came in leading the SEC
Only a football dunce would not consider 6-7 for 100+ yards 1 TD and 0 turnovers after being demoted to 2nd string and coming off an historic a$$ chewing from his head coach as not being good QB play. You're actually arguing that the kid that threw the ball to them twice in under a half may have still been the best choice, another fake a$$ narrative by the neverJGers president.

You offer nothing,
Except factual arguments that you cannot respond to without attacking me personally... and falsely
you're the biggest NegaVol on this site,
Case in point.
you have nearly 20,000 post not one person gave a blip about.
And over 20,000 likes... so "someone" cared.
You laying claim as to who or what a person's traits are is comical.
Your denial of 3 year patterns in someone's performance... is delusional.

You have one side, yours, and you like to call folks liars when they don't agree with it.
No. You are a liar when you consistently lie. I've reserved that for a very, very, very small number of people I've engaged on this board in over 14 years. Congratulations.... you and your bro are among less than 10 people in all that time whose consistent and repeated false statements have caused me to accuse them of being liars.

I can't imagine having 40,000+ post and nobody ever liking any of them other than the same 10-15 NegaVols. At some point in time you have to look at those numbers and question if anyone likes you at all.
LOL... not surprising that you use another categorically false claim to top off your non-sense.

Not a "negavol" in the least. Just critical of a QB whose performance has demonstrated who he is. I've even complimented that QB on MANY things. You just cannot handle honest criticism... or disagreement.

Seems to me like you've done nothing but give him bad advice, especially if you think he got more from playing the weak HS district he stayed in over IMG and St. Thomas. It was also bad advice to steer a kid to a program he wasn't ready for both physically or mentally when you knew he was going to get recruited over. I guess the bright lights of the SEC were just too tough to turn down. You may think you know QB evaluation but you don't seem to know what's actually best for the kid.
Your “bad advise” claim has already been proven wrong ON THE FIELD. You can’t argue results and the brighter the lights the better he was. JG has a handful of 200 yard games in 30 starts and BM already has one in just 4. The difference is BM got his by halftime vs arguably the best defense in college football in his first start ever as a true freshman. Once again, if qbs are measured by how they do vs the best competition (your argument), then you’re in way over your head criticizing Maurer after UGA and Alabama.

As for being recruited over: If you think I didn’t know a program like UT would get a higher “rated” qb you’re sadly mistaken. But I know those guys do shotty evaluation also. I knew he would lose the rank he deserved by staying at Westport. But he’d prosper under the radar as a result. The best lessons are the hardest learned and he had the weight of the world on HIS shoulders. He had no o line, so he was drilled in pocket awareness and speed. He had short, slow WRs so he was drilled in accuracy and ball placement. He had no defense so he was drilled in leadership and getting his team into scoring position with every drive he could at all costs (which sometimes he takes too far). This is why I’ve told you before that a qb that puts up those kind of numbers on a bad team is better than the one that equals his numbers on a good one. So no...... I don’t think he’s been recruited over. I think you’re in for a big surprise.

Only a football dunce would not consider 6-7 for 100+ yards 1 TD and 0 turnovers after being demoted to 2nd string and coming off an historic a$$ chewing from his head coach as not being good QB play. You're actually arguing that the kid that threw the ball to them twice in under a half may have still been the best choice, another fake a$$ narrative by the neverJGers president.
Why can't you be honest?

I said that JG "managed" the game. He did. He had great throw in that game to Keyton. The TD was a well designed play that one of the walk ons could have thrown. He did a very good job managing the run game and offense as a whole. But he did NOT "save the game". He had two completions for 80 yards... one on a catch and run completed behind the LOS... and 4 more completions for an avg of about 6 yds per. He played a full half of football and was allowed to throw the ball 7 times in 36 plays.

And... the claim of "neverJGer" (as childish and STUPID as that term is)... does not apply. I have said repeatedly that I want him to be successful. I want to be wrong about what I believe his performance to date indicates. I think he personally DESERVES success due to his perseverance, toughness, and effort. I absolutely HATE that he has weaknesses that have held him back. NEVER have I wished failure on him.

Last edited:
FTR, I am pretty "positive" about either the status or direction of every position group going into the season except QB. It isn't just JG... UT doesn't have anyone who has proven that they can play at a level and consistency to compete with the best teams in the SEC.

As I said in the other thread, I am not even terribly concerned about the DL at this point. I think this OL may make a lot of DL's look bad this year. I will be concerned if they lose more guys from the DL... but not at this point.

I think UT has a good chance at being elite in the secondary if the front 7 are even average. I love the speed UT has brought together at WR. TE numbers are a concern but I think UT has some good talent... and with speed at WR you can always spread teams out to compensate for TE depth. I really like the potential for the run game with the OL and RB's...

All in all... I am quite "positive" about the team and season if UT can get improved QB play from SOMEONE... and I do NOT care who that SOMEONE is.

so someone had asked me about the latest scrimmage or practice report in reference to JG and the rest of the qbs. I couldnt find the mention so here you have it. Guys if we don't move on from JG then this will be a rough season.

well, you called it

Kid just is not good. With good qb play we'd have won that game easily because some of those very inaccurate bullets he tried to throw in which Wrs were clearly open.
That was probably the worst defense TN will play all year. This is by far Muschamps worst team anywhere he has coached...

But hey 1-0 baby! 😐

Reactions: de1conley

VN Store

Back