REPEAT ?

donsargegolf

38-20 !!!!! Go T Rob, Go Vols!!! Were you there, did you watch, do you remember? Let's have a repeat.

Attachments

• 1007_large.jpg
    1007_large.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 2
Man that was a great day! And we didn't just squeak by . . . we drilled the #1 team in the country by 18 points and had the Heisman Trophy winner asking out of the game in the 3rd quarter.

Behind the NC it was my greatest day ever as a Vol. I have this SI cover signed by T. Rob, hanging in the shrine. I will never get over his personal tragedy, he was my guy, what a player.

I was at the game. Awesome. Big Orange full moon that night as well. Impromtu band performance that night by Smokin' Dave and the Premo Dopes in the parking lot below Maplehurst apt.s Outstanding :D

Speaking of TRob - I had a Philosophy class with his cohort (BB?) Ironically, the class was a logic class - clearly BB didn't do so well in the class!

TRob is working in Ace Hardware in Tallahassee, Fl. Wonder what BB is doing? Probably working in retail, huh.

Just thinking about Tony Robinson makes me sad. I was at Legion Field the day he blew out his knee against Alabama and his life went straight downhill from there. The guy was the total package.

T-Rob and Reggie Cobb. 2 wonderful players who snorted up their careers, so to speak. Good thing about Reggie is that he is pretty clean now, and, last I heard, is an NFL scout.

Did SI put Auburn on the cover this week? If so, then I know we'll win.

Maybe they can put us on the cover next week after we win.

Originally posted by orangetd88@Dec 1, 2004 12:43 AM
T-Rob and Reggie Cobb.  2 wonderful players who snorted up their careers, so to speak.  Good thing about Reggie is that he is pretty clean now, and, last I heard, is an NFL scout.

The difference is that T-Rob has been in and out of jail ever since.... Cobb went on to the NFL immediately, rushed for over 1000 yards one season out of many seasons in Tampa Bay and yes, he is currently an NFL scout.

Attachments

• 85tenn_1.jpg
    85tenn_1.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 4
Such a shistory of players. So easy to be an Orange Country maniac. Robinson, Gualt, Cobb, Webb, Price, Kent, Carter, Shuler, Manning.....and that's just the offense. Hard to name them all. Saturdays are so sweet. My grandad lived in K'ville and got me started on UT footaball as a kid. Always giving me an update. I remember back to the Bluebonnet bowl. I remember all the 7-4 seasons. We've got it good now, and don't even know it yet judging from some of posts from the firing squads.

I'm too young to remember that game but my father tells me other than the Miami upset a few years later that was one of the greatest UT upsets ever.

Nice cover of program cover... TRob, Tim McGee, and best of all Mrs Denise Conrad Bates. aka Bill Bates wife.( best vol cheerleader EVER!)

Originally posted by JohnsonCityVol@Dec 1, 2004 10:22 PM
Man! I respect Bill Bates more and more every day. He's one of my favorite all-time Vols, and Cowboys.

One thing you can say about Bates, he was a hard worker. Not the most talented but he gave 110%.

Originally posted by vol_freak+Dec 1, 2004 10:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vol_freak &#064; Dec 1, 2004 10:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-JohnsonCityVol@Dec 1, 2004 10:22 PM
Man&#33; I respect Bill Bates more and more every day. He&#39;s one of my favorite all-time Vols, and Cowboys.

One thing you can say about Bates, he was a hard worker. Not the most talented but he gave 110%.[/quote]
Unfortunately, he gets remember for Hershel putting Bill 110% on his back :yikes:

Originally posted by volinbham+Dec 1, 2004 11:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (volinbham @ Dec 1, 2004 11:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by vol_freak@Dec 1, 2004 10:27 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-JohnsonCityVol
@Dec 1, 2004 10:22 PM
Man&#33; I respect Bill Bates more and more every day. He&#39;s one of my favorite all-time Vols, and Cowboys.

One thing you can say about Bates, he was a hard worker. Not the most talented but he gave 110%.

Unfortunately, he gets remember for Hershel putting Bill 110% on his back :yikes: [/quote]
I thought about that but I wasn&#39;t gonna be the one to bring it up. B)

I weighed the pros and cons and finally said what the hell :p

I saw that play recently (can&#39;t remember on what). It still looks bad.

On the other hand, John Madden sure loved Bates

Originally posted by allvol+Dec 1, 2004 11:18 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (allvol @ Dec 1, 2004 11:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-orangetd88@Dec 1, 2004 12:43 AM
T-Rob and Reggie Cobb.  2 wonderful players who snorted up their careers, so to speak.  Good thing about Reggie is that he is pretty clean now, and, last I heard, is an NFL scout.

The difference is that T-Rob has been in and out of jail ever since.... Cobb went on to the NFL immediately, rushed for over 1000 yards one season out of many seasons in Tampa Bay and yes, he is currently an NFL scout. [/quote]
True.

Yeah, I knew Reggie was a scout because a friend of mine was on a business trip last year in Montgomery during the same weekend as the Senior Bowl (I think that is the one in Montgomery). Anyway, he was staying the same hotel as many of the scouts there, and ran into Reggie in the elevator and got his autograph for me.

I&#39;ll never forget the day the Cobb-Webb combo ran all over the &#39;Barn in the rain in &#39;89. That was another, milder upset in this series.

VN Store

Back