Rep Steven King

lawgator1

How does someone as outright stupid as he is get elected or even reelected?

Steve King questions if there would be any population left if not for rape and incest - CNNPolitics

Republican Rep. Steve King of Iowa questioned on Wednesday whether there would be any population left on Earth if not for rape and incest.
"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled those people out that were products of rape and incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?" he said in Urbandale, Iowa, according to video posted online by the Des Moines Register, which was first to report on the remarks Wednesday.
"Considering all the wars and all the rape and pillage that has taken place ... I know I can't certify that I was not a part of a product of that," King said. "I'd like to think that every one of the lives of us are as precious as any other life," he added.
The remarks came as King was defending not allowing exceptions for abortion in cases of rape or incest.

Reactions: tvolsfan
Reactions: BUBear
It’s a weird statement for sure. To tie into that though, the Book of Matthew starts of with a family tree to show Jesus’ ancestors, one of whom was the product of incest.

I get it but its a really odd way to argue for prohibiting abortion in the case of rape or incest when there are billions of people on the planet to sustain procreation and humanity.

OrnateAnimatedEskimodog-small.gif

Wait, there's more:

"In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking." Joe Biden

"every month that we do not have an economic recovery package 500 million Americans lose their jobs." Nancy Pelosi

"African Americans watch the same news at night that ordinary Americans do." Bill Clinton

"The number one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S." Joe Biden

"When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened." Joe Biden

"We're seeing the reality of a lot of the North Pole starting to evaporate, and we could get to a tipping point. Because if it evaporates to a certain point - they have lanes now where ships can go that couldn't ever sail through before. And if it gets to a point where it evaporates too much, there's a lot of tundra that's being held down by that ice cap." Henry Waxman

"If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very very low crime rate." Marion Berry

"Those who survived the San Francisco earthquake said, ‘Thank God, I'm still alive.' But, of course, those who died, their lives will never be the same again."
Barbara Boxer

"Eight more days and I can start telling the truth again" Chris Dodd

"The conventional viewpoint says we need a jobs program and we need to cut welfare. Just the opposite! We need more welfare and fewer jobs."
Jerry Brown

"The harsh fact of the matter is when you're passing legislation that will cover 300 million American people in different ways, it takes a long time to do the necessary administrative steps that have to be taken to put the legislation together to control the people." John Dingell

"I'm going to be honest with you -- I don't know a lot about Cuba's healthcare system. Is it a government-run system?" John Kerry

"Guess what this liberal would be all about? This liberal will be about socializing...uh, um...Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies." Maxine Waters

That is a ridiculous justification for forcing the victims of rape in a modern society to give birth to the offspring of their attacker. I won't hold King's comments against other Republicans unless they choose to defend him. Most do acknowledge that he is an idiot.

Wait, there's more:

"In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking." Joe Biden

"every month that we do not have an economic recovery package 500 million Americans lose their jobs." Nancy Pelosi

"African Americans watch the same news at night that ordinary Americans do." Bill Clinton

"The number one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S." Joe Biden

"When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened." Joe Biden

"We're seeing the reality of a lot of the North Pole starting to evaporate, and we could get to a tipping point. Because if it evaporates to a certain point - they have lanes now where ships can go that couldn't ever sail through before. And if it gets to a point where it evaporates too much, there's a lot of tundra that's being held down by that ice cap." Henry Waxman

"If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very very low crime rate." Marion Berry

"Those who survived the San Francisco earthquake said, ‘Thank God, I'm still alive.' But, of course, those who died, their lives will never be the same again."
Barbara Boxer

"Eight more days and I can start telling the truth again" Chris Dodd

"The conventional viewpoint says we need a jobs program and we need to cut welfare. Just the opposite! We need more welfare and fewer jobs."
Jerry Brown

"The harsh fact of the matter is when you're passing legislation that will cover 300 million American people in different ways, it takes a long time to do the necessary administrative steps that have to be taken to put the legislation together to control the people." John Dingell

"I'm going to be honest with you -- I don't know a lot about Cuba's healthcare system. Is it a government-run system?" John Kerry

"Guess what this liberal would be all about? This liberal will be about socializing...uh, um...Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies." Maxine Waters
This is deflection from the topic of the thread and "what-about-ism". The topic of this thread is "Rep. Steven King" in case you were confused.

That is a ridiculous justification for forcing the victims of rape in a modern society to give birth to the offspring of their attacker. I won't hold King's comments against other Republicans unless they choose to defend him. Most do acknowledge that he is an idiot.

To their credit, that's true.

Well this Democrat is a rocket scientist? You might want to ask the voters in his district that question. There is no shortage of stupid in Congress.

[youtube]

Nominee: Award for best deflection of the year.

I'm just waiting for hog to come in and say "good" and the anti abortion group to come and call everyone murders.

I get it but its a really odd way to argue for prohibiting abortion in the case of rape or incest when there are billions of people on the planet to sustain procreation and humanity.
But yet it is normal to use rape and incest to argue for abortion?

But yet it is normal to use rape and incest to argue for abortion?
At the very least, to argue for there to be a "rape, incest and a threat to the life of the mother" exception for abortion? Yes, that is not only normal but that is a position that a majority of Republicans do agree with it... and if his word can be trusted, so does Trump (although, he has changed positions many times on abortion over the years).

Name a single long term true politician and I will show you a person who couldn’t cut it in the real job force.

Show me a politician that is ultra wealthy and successful already who decided to run for office and I will show you a person who is bored with life and thought the job would be easy.

No matter what, your politician is a blithering idiot who was simply the best talker in the room and could blow smoke up your ass like no one else could.

Absolutely despicable republicans! If it meant losing their status they'd sell their soul to the Devil face to face. Cowards!

They don't have the balls to push against what is wrong, they're sheep! Weak, defenseless sheep.

VN Store

Back