Rennia Davis named AP All-American

Congrats to Rennia...but isn't there a 1st & 2nd team squad šŸ¤”...I cannot see 10 other people being better or meaning more to NCAAW basketball than Rennia...She'll show them even more on the next level...CONGRATS AGAIN...šŸ‘šŸ–
15 actually. There's a 3rd team as well. I thought she was a shoe-in for 3rd team honors, but guessing she got pushed out because of the breakout years for Hillmon, Clark and Bueckers.

Christyn Williams better not be on any of those 3 teams...

15 actually. There's a 3rd team as well. I thought she was a shoe-in for 3rd team honors, but guessing she got pushed out because of the breakout years for Hillmon, Clark and Bueckers.

She is clearly one of the top 15 talents šŸ™„

It is getting to a point of disrespectful for her to be lext
off these lists... if she averaged two more points would be on point with Rhyne howard and team had more success... smh

besides her 3% shooting what can they complain about ? Every teams game plan is based around her...

1st team:
Dana Evans
Paige Bueckers
Aliyah Boston
Rhyne Howard
NaLyssa Smith

2nd team:
Caitlyn Clark
Aari McDonald
Elissa Cunane
Naz Hillmon
Charli Collier

3rd team:
Ashley Owasu
Kiana Williams
Natasha Mack
Chelsea Dungee
Michaela Onyenwere

Paige was the overall vote getter, followed by Dana, Aliyah, Rhyne and NaLyssa.

Tough group of players here. A lot of players that weren't accounted for in the preseason that had breakout years. First team was what I predicted, except I had McDonald there instead of Bueckers.

Honorable Mention: Kierstan Bell, Florida Gulf Coast; Katie Benzan, Maryland; Jakia Brown-Turner, NC State; Rennia Davis, Tennessee; Kysre Gondrezick, West Virginia; Arella Guirantes, Rutgers; Lauren Gustin, BYU; Mackenzie Holmes, Indiana; Cece Hooks, Ohio; Ashley Joens, Iowa State; Haley Jones, Stanford; N'dea Jones, Texas AM; Olivia Nelson-Ododa, UConn; Aisha Shepherd, Virginia Tech; Jill Townsend, Gonzaga; Christyn Williams, UConn; Aaliyah Wilson, Texas A&M; Jen Wirth, Gonzaga.

I have to say that I'm shocked to see Katie Benzan on this list. Not that I don't think she's deserving (reserving that for Christyn Williams and Olivia Nelson-Ododa), but hot damn...who saw that coming when she transferred to Maryland? Speaking of, Diamond Miller's exclusion from the HM list is a travesty.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I don't know much about women's BB, but to me, it's just absurd she isn't on one of those three teams. With the schedule we play and the obvious athleticism she possesses, I simply can't see 15 plus better players in BB. Anyway, congrats to her.

Sheā€™s on the Sports Illustrated 3rd team list as well as Haley Jones which is a total joke lol. Not sure about any of the others that out there.

Sheā€™s on the Sports Illustrated 3rd team list as well as Haley Jones which is a total joke lol. Not sure about any of the others that out there.

Ironically, one of my brackets has them both in the championship game.

AP and WBCA are the ones that most schools officially recognize.

I would love for this to motivate both Rennia and Burrell and UT make a run to the Final Four. I at least can't wait to watch UT and Baylor in the Elite 8. Davis averaging 20 points in SEC play and close to 10 rebounds a game is super impressive. She is definitely one of the top 15, if not top 10 players in the country.

I would love for this to motivate both Rennia and Burrell and UT make a run to the Final Four. I at least can't wait to watch UT and Baylor in the Elite 8. Davis averaging 20 points in SEC play and close to 10 rebounds a game is super impressive. She is definitely one of the top 15, if not top 10 players in the country.
If both teams make it that far, UT and Baylor will play in the Sweet 16, with a probable UCONN matchup in the Elite Eight.

VN Store

Back