Reminder: Tomorrow (Feb.1) Karoline Striplin announces her decision

not getting the younger key would be a huge embarrassment for kellie and staff..that is one they SHOULD get..i mean come on, her sister plays here for goodness sakes

tenor.gif

Bahaha again you don’t phase me lol. Well maybe like stepping in a pile of dog $**+ but you just clean your shoes, throw away the rag, wash your hands of course, and keep moving. The terrible thing is that stench it leaves behind I’m sure you can relate.

Reactions: Coach Jumper
Also Dawn lost her first three years at SC to Tennessee and Vic lost three of his first 4. Dawn is 7 and 9 versus Tennessee all time and Vic is 3 and 3. So no neither started out recruiting top stars it took them a couple years to get there and Wilson was really the player that changed things for Dawn. McCowan a low rated player was the player that changed things for Vic.

Not to cherry pick, but the player that turned MSST into a contender was Victoria Vivans. She was a 5 star recruit and ended up being a superb player that Schaefer built around.

Not to cherry pick, but the player that turned MSST into a contender was Victoria Vivans. She was a 5 star recruit and ended up being a superb player that Schaefer built around.

She was good but that little point guard was what made that team work! That and his 3 star daughter who learned her role and perfected it

He didn't recruit her she was already there and the addition of three star McCowan made for a great duo. She had been with the former coach and they had a losing season. Until McCowan arrived to join her they were not that great.

Reactions: Smallvol#1 and gule
not getting the younger key would be a huge embarrassment for kellie and staff..that is one they SHOULD get..i mean come on, her sister plays here for goodness sakes
Why would it be an embarrassment if she didn't choose Tennessee? Do you always do things that your relatives do that would be weird. Every player is an individual and they choose the school they desire and like the best. the Coaches here have done everything they can to get her here if she goes elsewhere no one will be embarrassed.

striplen is a solid get, but puckett? they need a top ten recruit badly
Puckett is a great player one of the best shooters in the class. She is rated equally with Key number 21 on the Prospect Nations list. Striplin would probably be our best all around post player if she were here now has 15 double doubles as a junior this year. People who like to downgrade players and probably never seen them play are the ones that don't know what they are talking about we have a few of these people on this board.

Also Dawn lost her first three years at SC to Tennessee and Vic lost three of his first 4. Dawn is 7 and 9 versus Tennessee all time and Vic is 3 and 3. So no neither started out recruiting top stars it took them a couple years to get there and Wilson was really the player that changed things for Dawn. McCowan a low rated player was the player that changed things for Vic.

Great talk.

He didn't recruit her she was already there and the addition of three star McCowan made for a great duo. She had been with the former coach and they had a losing season. Until McCowan arrived to join her they were not that great.

Normally you make sense, I’m not sure I understand this time though. Schaefer took over MSST in 2012 and Vivians was a 2014 recruit. She was his first high profile player, I remember him talking about how excited they were to get a great instate kid.

Reactions: Volfan2012
Normally you make sense, I’m not sure I understand this time though. Schaefer took over MSST in 2012 and Vivians was a 2014 recruit. She was his first high profile player, I remember him talking about how excited they were to get a great instate kid.[/QUO The year he took over they didn't fare to well went to the wnit his first season. The point was she didn't make a difference they lost up until he got other players in there.

Last edited:
He didn't take over in 2013 2014 The year he took over they didn't fare to well went to the wnit his first season. The point was she didn't make a difference they lost up until he got other players in there.

That’s not what I’m saying. I was saying he took over the entire program as coach in 2012. They didn’t become a good team until he had Vivians. No VV, no MSST. Schaefer would tell you the same thing. She scored over 2,500 pts in her career and was near unguardable.

William and Blair Schaefer along with Dillingham were great role players, but without Vivians they would never have reached any level of success. I would venture to say that if she had not stayed home and played there McCowan wouldn’t have even considered them as nobody would have been talking about them.

That’s not what I’m saying. I was saying he took over the entire program as coach in 2012. They didn’t become a good team until he had Vivians. No VV, no MSST. Schaefer would tell you the same thing. She scored over 2,500 pts in her career and was near unguardable.

William and Blair Schaefer along with Dillingham were great role players, but without Vivians they would never have reached any level of success. I would venture to say that if she had not stayed home and played there McCowan wouldn’t have even considered them as nobody would have been talking about them.
They were not a good team the first two years she was there. McCowan came in 2015 and that was where the difference came in. They lost big his first season were just fair the second. True she was a great scorer but they were not beating anybody until McCowan joined her.

They were not a good team the first two years she was there. McCowan came in 2015 and that was where the difference came in. They lost big his first season were just fair the second. True she was a great scorer but they were not beating anybody until McCowan joined her.

I guess we will agree to disagree. They went from a perennial bottom feeder in the SEC to 11-5 in Vivians Freshman season, 11-5 again the next year then 13-3 her junior year. McCowan definitely made them better, but they wouldn’t have even been in a position to compete without a player like Vivians.

My original point was that Schaefer didn’t build his program with all 3 stars like you all were saying. Without that one 5 start recruit they still wouldn’t be where they are today.

VN Store

Back