Remember JakobJohnson, VolsLB? He has made the Pros.

------------------------------------------------
EZE
Read the article, please; commenting on something about which you do not have a clue is a waste.
It points out that he gets to stay without being counted against the roster #'s because of the development league status.
"The IPPP players also have the benefit of being exempt from NFL roster limits, including a team's 10-man practice squad once the season begins. "
You are of the "ready, fire, aim" school of internet commentary, huh?
Aka..he is not in the pro's..

I still think that if Brady Hoke had not elected to continue the second half against LSU in a monsoon (rumor) we would have had a chance in that game. We were doing well until the beginning of the second half. If he had delayed the second half kickoff, who knows how the season would have turned out?
That's not rumor. Brady all caps HIMSELF confirmed it on the coach's show the following day. He did this in a manner that was a bewildering combination of nonchalance, pride and ignorance. Power was out winds at torndadic levels, rain making visibility all but impossible. SEC refs deferred to BRADY HOKE, he said "LETS PLAY" and "I AIN'T DONE YET, THE STUPID IS STRONG JENNINGS IS GONE". All that delivered with a self satisfied look that only a moron of a HOKE can provide.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Yeah. It really does. Johnson was always a very good big athlete. Jones was absolutely clueless as to how to develop or use his talent. There were a number of players that came and went under Jones who were badly underutilized and underdeveloped.

Jones was a good recruiter (used car salesman) but he's the worst coach of the game I've seen as a SEC HC in a very long time. The Peter Principle probably applied to him when he was promoted from Tampa Bay's equipment manager to GA.

Also, Jakob was very raw. He hadn't played football but for a short time. A great physical specimen with talent but it's good he kept with it. Of course, being under BJ didn't help

The fact you think all these dudes become millionaires is weird...because most don't.
Thank you. I’ll take that as a compliment or at least an upgrade.

One of Mrs. Iam4utalways friends said it was creepy that I have a large Vol stuff collection. Since I was going for...not sleazy, I took it as a compliment too.

I remember reading an article stating something like eight players from Butch's last year ended up on a pro team in some capacity (not including Jakob Johnson). The point of the article was, "How do you go 4-8 with talent like that?" BTW, Colton Jumper is one of those players (still with the Saints), enough with knocking Jumper, anyway I am not as much of a Butch Basher as many on here, but I still wonder how that was possible. Maybe the biggest melt down I have ever witnessed on a sports team.
In fairness all of the DT's were injured and out which allowed all teams to run anywhere from 200 to 400yds per game.. Offense was good but everyone ran up and down the field..jmo

Yeah. It really does. Johnson was always a very good big athlete. Jones was absolutely clueless as to how to develop or use his talent. There were a number of players that came and went under Jones who were badly underutilized and underdeveloped.

Jones was a good recruiter (used car salesman) but he's the worst coach of the game I've seen as a SEC HC in a very long time. The Peter Principle probably applied to him when he was promoted from Tampa Bay's equipment manager to GA.
Yup, Jones was bad. But not because of JJ. He’s getting a shot coming from a rugby team. He hasn’t made a final roster. He was a reach as a recruit due to how little football he had played.

Yup, Jones was bad. But not because of JJ. He’s getting a shot coming from a rugby team. He hasn’t made a final roster. He was a reach as a recruit due to how little football he had played.
JJ is just another example of Jones not knowing how to develop and utilize talent.

VN Store

Back