Remaining Slots

hvwarrior58

VN GURU
Rob Lewis just told me that this would "not be out of the realm of possibility" to finish the current class:

1. Eric Berry-5*
2. Chris Donald-5*
3. Morgan Burnett-4*
4. Chris Walker-4*
5. Brandon Paul-4*
6. Kaniela Tuitupolu-4*
7. Rolando Melancon-4*
8. Ahmad Paige-4*
9. Gerald Jones-4*
10. Lennon Creer-4*

He also said that we aren't pursuing Graig Cooper too hard because we feel good about Creer. I'm not sure if that means we won't be taking Stephaun Raines or Jourdon Brooks since he hasn't answered that yet. He also said that there is a good chance that a few of our commits may be asked to grayshirt.

I suppose you can add Raines and Brooks if they commit. That would give us a staggering 31 player class. Rogan won't qualify so that knocks it to 30. I've heard that Fleming won't. That is 29. Campbell, Langley, and maybe Sawtelle will be midtermers so they will go towards last year's class. That is 26-27. If we land all of those, we will end up having to ask a player or two to grayshirt.

I suppose you can add Raines and Brooks if they commit. That would give us a staggering 31 player class. Rogan won't qualify so that knocks it to 30. I've heard that Fleming won't. That is 29. Campbell, Langley, and maybe Sawtelle will be midtermers so they will go towards last year's class. That is 26-27. If we land all of those, we will end up having to ask a player or two to grayshirt.
HV, in regards to the number of players that we may possibly take this year, the KNS said that as many as 7 or 8 may be early enrollees and will count towards last years signing class. Do you know anything about that?

I'm pretty sure they have to be mid termers to count towards last year. I'm not sure who all could do that. I know Campbell and Langley are. Sawtelle is also a possibility. The only other ones I know of would be guys coming out of prep school. I suppose they could be talking about Vinson(prep), G Williams(prep), Raines(increasing test score), and Pope(signed LOI). That would only be 7 though. Either way, the big challenge will be keeping our total scholly # at or under 85.

That list actually looks very plausable. I think we are either the leader or very close to it for each one of those players.

PS- Fulmer and Trooper both had an in-home visit with Armando Allen. The visit went great and they spent a lot of time talking to his mother about the program. He is set to announce on Friday between UF, Notre Dame, and UT. We dont need to get too excited over his announcement because if he picks UT it will be a huge surprise as UF is viewed as his leader. But, we did get an in-home visit there at the end and anything is possible as he said in the interview that he has not made up his mind yet as to what school he will pick on Friday.

That list actually looks very plausable. I think we are either the leader or very close to it for each one of those players.

PS- Fulmer and Trooper both had an in-home visit with Armando Allen. The visit went great and they spent a lot of time talking to his mother about the program. He is set to announce on Friday between UF, Notre Dame, and UT. We dont need to get too excited over his announcement because if he picks UT it will be a huge surprise as UF is viewed as his leader. But, we did get an in-home visit there at the end and anything is possible as he said in the interview that he has not made up his mind yet as to what school he will pick on Friday.
Hopefully Troop and Phil will seal the deal.:rock:

Rob Lewis just told me that this would "not be out of the realm of possibility" to finish the current class:

1. Eric Berry-5*
2. Chris Donald-5*
3. Morgan Burnett-4*
4. Chris Walker-4*
5. Brandon Paul-4*
6. Kaniela Tuitupolu-4*
7. Rolando Melancon-4*
8. Ahmad Paige-4*
9. Gerald Jones-4*
10. Lennon Creer-4*

1 down - 9 to go.

BTW, I think Ahmad Paige has the measurables to be an all-SEC player. Yeah yeah, it's so impossible to predict it, but it's my gut screaming at me!

I read that he made a good ACT score, but I'm not sure if he has the core GPA.

Paige could be a stud, but will need to gain weight.

Ahmad Paige is just a great football name, maybe it's because it reminds me of Ahmad Rashad, wasnt he pretty good and he married that Cosby chick.

I suppose that Kenny O'Neal may have taken Paige's spot.

Art Evans, Darris Sawtelle, Todd Cambpell, and Donald Langley are all mid-termers and will count towards last year's schollys.

VN Store

Back