VN GURU
2. Marvin Austin-USC
4. Eric Berry-UT
5. Ronald Johnson-Mich
6. Everson Griffen-USC
7. Carlos Dunlap-UF
10. Joe McKnight-USC
11. Noel Devine-JUCO
17. Arrelious Benn-Ill(I thought he committed?)
18. Chad Jones-LSU
22. Chris Donald-UT
23. Terrance Tolliver-LSU
26. Martez Wilson-Ill

I also think that Dwight Jones stays with UNC. I'm not predicting the remaining JUCO/Prep 5*s because I have no idea on them.

I doubt it. He listed USC as his leader after visiting there(which was after the UT visit) and is going to be at FSU for the banquet weekend.

I'll take a shot. I have a few surprises in mine.

2. Marvin Austin-FSU
4. Eric Berry-UT
5. Ronald Johnson-MICH
6. Everson Griffen-USC
7. Carlos Dunlap-UT
10. Joe McKnight-LSU
11. Noel Devine-LSU
18. Chad Jones-USC
22. Chris Donald-UT
23. Terrance Tolliver-UF
26. Martez Wilson-ND

I doubt it. He listed USC as his leader after visiting there(which was after the UT visit) and is going to be at FSU for the banquet weekend.

I could be wrong but I think we are going to land Austin and I say that's a 65% chance. Reason being Austin wants to play, I believe, in a conference where defense is the toughest. That's the SEC IMO. So I say we get him based on that alone. I can't think of alot of good DT's from USC in the past 5 years.

He has cooled off on USC being his leader. But, I think the FSU visit is the problem.

The fact that UT is the only SEC school is a good sign if he does in fact realize that its the best defense in the country.

He has cooled off on USC being his leader. But, I think the FSU visit is the problem.

i still have hopes for austin because of FSU being a program that looks to be declining, I understand it is Florida St., but without a coaching change, I can't see it reversing anytime soon. Hopefully he will realize that.

Patterson from USC went first round a couple years ago. He also wants to major in broadcasting which USC owns.

Rick, you certainly do have some surprises. I do like the Dunlap pick though.

Actually, the year Patterson went, Shaun Cody went in the 2nd round. In the last 10 years, Tennessee has had 7 DTs drafted and USC has had 6.

I think Austin is a toss up.

Actually, the year Patterson went, Shaun Cody went in the 2nd round. In the last 10 years, Tennessee has had 7 DTs drafted and USC has had 6.

I think Austin is a toss up.

I think UT's have been more successful in the NFL, though. I could be wrong. I think Cody went to the Lions. I haven't heard anything about him there. I completely forgot about Dan Patterson. Kenechi Udeze is alright, I guess. I can't really think of any other USC D-linemen.

If Rick's list pans out then the Vols and LSU have all world classes, if it's HV's then USC once again restocks with the cream of the crop

2. Marvin Austin-FSU
4. Eric Berry-UT
5. Ronald Johnson-MICH
6. Everson Griffen-USC
7. Carlos Dunlap-UT
10. Joe McKnight-LSU
11. Noel Devine-LSU
18. Chad Jones-USC
22. Chris Donald-UT
23. Terrance Tolliver-UF
26. Martez Wilson-ND
Wilson is about 95% Illini.

I dont see Zook being able to close the deal for the Illini. Come crunch time in February they will remember that its Illinois and they are not even a program that should be in the same breath as his other choices. Wilson makes the smart decision and goes to ND. I cant believe that Benn will stick with his commitment. But, there is no indication that he is still looking elsewhere.

Wilson is set to announce his commitment the same day as another Illini commit at the same place on December 20th. I've never seen two people get together at the same place at the same time and commit to different schools. rumor has it that charlie weis is going to take an in-home visit to wilson tomorrow as a last-ditch effort. i, for one, agree with rickbol and say that wilson initially commits to illinois but reopens his recruiting and ends up at notre dame. the kid is incredibly athletic... like a young jevon kearse.

Wilson is set to announce his commitment the same day as another Illini commit at the same place on December 20th. I've never seen two people get together at the same place at the same time and commit to different schools. rumor has it that charlie weis is going to take an in-home visit to wilson tomorrow as a last-ditch effort. i, for one, agree with rickbol and say that wilson initially commits to illinois but reopens his recruiting and ends up at notre dame. the kid is incredibly athletic... like a young jevon kearse.
You are a world of knowledge. Thanks for the info.

Happened this year with Armando Allen and his teammate I think. They were supposed to both goto Florida, but Allen decided on ND.

2. Marvin Austin-FSU
4. Eric Berry-UT
5. Ronald Johnson-MICH
6. Everson Griffen-USC
7. Carlos Dunlap-UT
10. Joe McKnight-LSU
11. Noel Devine-LSU
18. Chad Jones-USC
22. Chris Donald-UT
23. Terrance Tolliver-UF
26. Martez Wilson-ND

I dont think we get Carlos Dunlap, and I dont think that Martez Wilson has the grades to go to ND.

Do you know how many offers ND has handed out so far? He would not have an offer if he was not going to qualify. ND is very particular as to who they give offers to.

And, do you have any evidence supporting your opinion that Dunlap will not come to UT? I am not being a smartallic. I just dont know if there is something out there I havent read. If its just your hunch then thats cool, everyone has an opinion. Thats really all mine is, a hunch, an opinion. I have read everything written about his recruitment and at this point anybody who guesses on what school he is going to is absoluely just playing a hunch. Because he has played it very close to the vest and has really never given any school much semblence of a "lead" for his services. The closest thing are people close to his recruitment saying if he stays in state it will likely be Soutch Carolina (not likely in my opinion, and if he leaves state the leaders are UT and UF. I think he loved is visit and loves our depth chart. I think he picks us over UF, and in the end it will be because we put more DL in the NFL than UF and he can get playing time as a freshman at UT playing DE.

UT needs to add a great DE to this class.

Austin would be a very interesting Vol. Maybe the kind of emotional guy they haven't had for a few years.

Dunlap is a really big tossup right now. He really hasn't started his recruitment yet and it is only a month and a half till signing day.

Word on Tez is that he isn't really physical on defense and prefers to play WR, though he will not be WR in college.

Who the hell is Dan Patterson? Let me impart some knowledge upon you. You must be talking about Mike Patterson.

NFL.com - Mike Patterson

Why don't you pull your panties out of your ass? I understand you are supremely upset because your idiotic prediction of the Colts winning the Super Bowl isn't going to come true. That doesn't mean you need to constantly peruse and evaluate my posts. I am unimpressed about your knowlege of a USC player that hasn't been relevant since leaving college football.

VN Store

Back