Regular Season in Review

ZZ13

Saturn V
Here is an average Joe's (me) view of the team's regular season past:

Best stat: 8-2 against the SEC east
Worst stat: 2-4 against the SEC west
2nd worst stat: 0-2 UK, 5 home losses (tie)
Best win(s): @FL, @SC, Marquette, Georgetown
Scarey wins: Belmont, @Arkansas
Pitiful losses: Bama, @Ole Miss
Painful losses: @Auburn, Gonzaga (at home), @Temple, UK (at home)

Overall grade: C+ (B- had they beaten Bama)

Did Pearl not play the Seniors on Senior Day? I didn't see the beginning of the game, but, assumed he started the seniors, like most teams do! If this is true, this is inexcusable! Those kids have sat on the bench for 4 years and practiced just like everybody else and should have started the game. Very disappointed in Bruce Pearl if this is true!

Did Pearl not play the Seniors on Senior Day? I didn't see the beginning of the game, but, assumed he started the seniors, like most teams do! If this is true, this is inexcusable! Those kids have sat on the bench for 4 years and practiced just like everybody else and should have started the game. Very disappointed in Bruce Pearl if this is true!

I feel bad for those guys that not only did they not get to play, but the team couldn't even get them a win.

But, it was the right decision not to start multiple walkons. The plan was probably to win by double digits and get Childress and the walkons in for the last few minutes of the game. But, it didn't work out.

I feel bad for those guys that not only did they not get to play, but the team couldn't even get them a win.

But, it was the right decision not to start multiple walkons. The plan was probably to win by double digits and get Childress and the walkons in for the last few minutes of the game. But, it didn't work out.

Any coach with some class would start the kids and then if the game goes in the tank, pull them quick and put the starters in.

To wait until the end of the game and then hope you got a good enough lead to let them have a few seconds in the game is just plain ignorant.

Any coach with some class would start the kids and then if the game goes in the tank, pull them quick and put the starters in.

To wait until the end of the game and then hope you got a good enough lead to let them have a few seconds in the game is just plain ignorant.
That is pure and utter nonsense. D-I basketball isn't some damn charity. If they don't earn playing time, the coach is under no obligation to see they get some welfare minutes because of the concept of "Senior Day."

Yea right. You need to get a clue. Noone is going to start 3 or 4 walkons in an SEC game. Any coach would have waited until the end of the game to put them after securing the win, and unfortunately that did not happen.

That is pure and utter nonsense. D-I basketball isn't some damn charity. If they don't earn playing time, the coach is under no obligation to see they get some welfare minutes because of the concept of "Senior Day."
I guess you guys don't feel the same way about your players as we do on the other end of the state. That might be something a kid considers when he decides who to sign his LOI with.

Yea right. You need to get a clue. Noone is going to start 3 or 4 walkons in an SEC game. Any coach would have waited until the end of the game to put them after securing the win, and unfortunately that did not happen.

We do it every year on the other end of the state. Then again, we do not usually have to have the final home game as a win to make the tourney or get a good seed. Seems to be a practice at most elite schools too.

We do it every year on the other end of the state. Then again, we do not usually have to have the final home game as a win to make the tourney or get a good seed. Seems to be a practice at most elite schools too.

Hoss, I would never brag with the conference schedule you guys play. If you want to take your Conf USA wins and gloat, then go ahead. If I was an elite player looking at schools, Memphis would be near the bottom of my list. Honestly, do you enjoy playing teams that you beat like a drum year in and year out? I know Calipari recruits well, but I would want to play a top conference schedule each year......ala Big East or ACC. I can't imagine how exciting it must be to line up against your USA foes night after night.

That's because you play in a conference that Vanderbilt could win.

Your school is definitely more elite than UTEP. Congratulations.

I'm sure if Tennessee played in a conference with high school teams, we'd get to do that too.

Plus, if we have to worry about a player choosing another team based on the playing time of 2 walk-ons and a once-decent back-up, then there's a good chance we can deal without them. Think about it, if they're half-way decent, they probably will spend their time trying to earn a starting spot, as opposed to being given it for achieving little.

How did this Season in Review turn into the "why didn't Bruce start the scrubs?"

A non-issue is what that is, nothing more...nothing less.

What should be the real discussion is 2-4 against the West....
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think the big story is the Five home losses coming off back to back undefeated seasons....not good.

VN Store

Back