Regression in 2022

Volizona

Regardless, our fan base needs to practice some patience and understand that progress doesn’t always mean winning more games than the prior year.
Agree but being patient is getting harder since we have been patient for about 15 years now. We also need to set our standards high and expect more. Florida, Bama and Georgia don’t tolerate underperformance. Richt and Mullen were decent coaches but were kicked to the curb for underperforming. Bama accepted nothing less than Saban at any cost. If we want to be elite we need to set our standards higher. Unfortunately our admin has low standards.

KeyVol14

Based on what I saw in the bowl game, I think we see our wins hold at 7 or regress to 6. In not seeing much at the moment showing the team will take a step forward. Our D will almost certainly be worse and our o-line likely won’t be much better.

I think year 3 is when we see CJH take us up a rung on the latter.

Thoughts?
Why is this even a thread. Absolute garbage

McDad

I can't brain today; I has the dumb.
Based on what I saw in the bowl game, I think we see our wins hold at 7 or regress to 6. In not seeing much at the moment showing the team will take a step forward. Our D will almost certainly be worse and our o-line likely won’t be much better.

Thoughts?
Disagree. Unequivocally.

GVol1966

Thoughts?
Your clueless, is my first thought.
He took a team that had more players lost to the portal, including 2 best RB, 2 of 3 top LB Bryce Thompson, 5 star OL and doubled the win total with players no one had a clue would do anything this year leading the way.

LTVol

Thoughts?
Cant predict next season success based on one bowl game. These players made tremendous progress this season. Its reasonable to expect this staff to coach up players and progress forward next season. Plus we have a good recruit class of 20 new guys so far, with many enrolling early. With qb, rbs, wrs and OL who will have one year of experience with this offense, I expect improvement with the O. Defense is a work in progress, but we are getting more bodies there

DC_Vol

Nothing wrong with silver!

Thoughts?
I think basing your opinion of next year’s team on this year’s bowl is silly.

Welcome to the off season, I guess.

jeff1vol

Simple answer is "yes." Not enough talent and SEC DC's will figure out a way to stop CJH's gimick offense. Our defense will probably be worse as well. Any talent upgrades will more than likely be Frosh.

BigOrangeTrain

Morior Invictus
Regardless, our fan base needs to practice some patience and understand that progress doesn’t always mean winning more games than the prior year.
You must not know what fan base you are talking about. If we only win 7 next year, the I told you Heupel sucks crowd will be out in full force. The TN fan base doesn’t do patience.

jeff1vol

No way, with the majority of the offense coming back and weaker schedule next year we win 9-10 games next year. We will pick up some defensive players in the portal.
How is adding Pitt on the road and LSU on the road an "easier" schedule? Pitt will have 3 QB's to chose from that are ALL good. Their D returns players too. LSU has 3 times the talent we have. Any one of us on this board could win games with them. Bama, UGA, UF (until UT wins, that'll be an automatic loss), SC looked better than when we played. Dont see an easier schedule.

SD189

Soddy Karate
In 2022, I see 8 wins minimum with Hooker under center, and possibly 10 if the NCAA institutes a flop rule where an "injured" player is out for the series.

We will win against:
Ball State
Akron
UT Martin
Vanderbilt

We most likely will win against:
Missouri
South Carolina

We should take at least 2 of the following:
Pitt
Florida
Kentucky
LSU

Alabama and Georgia are still out of our range.
How do you feel about us, record wise, with Hooker in the Shotgun? We don’t really go under center anymore 🤷🏻‍♂️
2AF5F0AD-3D31-421C-BD90-673A169F9682.png

Volunteer_Kirby

Its not what you think...

Thoughts?
Our D will be worse? I'm not sure that's even possible.

PEPPERJAX

Let's Do A Ritual....

Thoughts?
I don't see regression. JH will have more scholarship players to work with in 2022. Defensive Acquisitions via the portal should be a point of emphasis.

beamerman

Thoughts?
I think the offense will set another record and defense will be the focus and the added players there will gain a minimum of 1 extra win.

BigOrangeFanatic

The defense has to improve or I agree with the OP. JH won't accomplish much more than 7 wins a season here giving up 600 yards a game.

Honestly, unless he lands some guys from the portal that can rush the passer or cover someone, I just dont feel all that great about next year. I do know one thing though....I'd start true freshman at every position in the secondary over what we threw out there in the bowl game. They couldn't be any worse.

FLVOL_79

My insider > Your insider
Seeing what the staff did with what they had I see nothing saying regression for next year. As plenty of people have said before, defense needs help.

Vol524

Guy's it was one game. Purdue had a lot of help from the refs or we win. We need to hit the portal hard for Defensive help.

VN Store