Regarding Chaney, lets get this out of the way immediately...

Brave Volunteer

Do not expect miracles in year 1. It's a brand new offense to these players, on a roster that's not very talented. Schematically, EVERYONE is a true freshman on the offensive side of the ball in 2019. Regardless of the results on the field, no one needs to be calling for Chaneys head in year one! Let them recruit and develop. It's going to take some time.

Do not expect miracles in year 1. It's a brand new offense to these players, on a roster that's not very talented. Schematically, EVERYONE is a true freshman on the offensive side of the ball in 2019. Regardless of the results on the field, no one needs to be calling for Chaneys head in year one! Let them recruit and develop. It's going to take some time.
^^This, but unfortunately, VolNation doesn't work that way. You're being generous asking for a season, he'll catch hell after two ballgames if he doesn't produce. The benefit to having Chaney back, is him already knowing how bipolar the fan base is.

Last edited:

We get it, this is year 0
4 more years

No doubt there will be a learning curve. However the same unorganized crap in game one should be it still be happening in games 10 and 11.

Yall take good care of Chaney. Could not stand him before and have no use for him now. Totally and completely disappointed. Honestly, I had rather have Jeremy Pruitt calling the plays. Wish yall the best. I am through if this is true.

Yall take good care of Chaney. Could not stand him before and have no use for him now. Totally and completely disappointed. Honestly, I had rather have Jeremy Pruitt calling the plays. Wish yall the best. I am through if this is true.

Yeah he has sure stunk it up everywhere he has went!

Is UT still getting Georgia's crumbs and unwanted coaches, after 40 some days looking for an OC?

I do not care one bit how ugly, unimaginative, dull, boring, bland, slow or any other moniker you can think of to describe the offense next year, as long as at the end of most of the games we have scored more than the opponent I will be happy. Just want to see us win 8 or more regular season games next year and I will be happy with that progress. I just hope for wins, not Madden like numbers.

Yeah because paying someone nearly 2 mil a year with low expectations is rational.

BTW, whats your win loss or someone gets fired prediction this year? You sticking with 4-5 or upping it any this year?

When are people going to understand that the money involved does NOT change the reality of the situation? Whether Chaney is getting paid a king's ransom or working pro bono, the reality of where this program is at does not change at ALL. The only thing that's going to fix this is time and recruiting. I'm thrilled to get Chaney but I'm also conscientious of the fact that he's not supernatural. It's GOING to take some time.

Last edited:
Yeah because paying someone nearly 2 mil a year with low expectations is rational.

BTW, whats your win loss or someone gets fired prediction this year? You sticking with 4-5 or upping it any this year?
Deepest condolences that whatever 6-Star OC candidate you’ve been fantasizing about couldn’t be kidnapped and brought here to this rebuilding project.

We miserable idiots will trudge along in our unenlightened but semi-cheerful relief that we have someone to get us started.

geeze

Thought you were going to say, “He big.”

When are people going to understand that the money involved does NOT change the reality of the situation? Whether Cheney is getting paid a king's ransom or working pro bono, the reality of where this program is at does not change at ALL. The only thing that's going to fix this is time and recruiting. I'm thrilled to get Chaney but I'm also conscientious of the fact that he's not supernatural. It's GOING to take some time.
We hired a better coordinator and should expect better results. Pretty simple concept. How much better? Who knows, let people buold their own expectations.... They dont really matter anyway.

How do you get that EVERYONE is a true freshman on offense? Thats not even close to being true.

VN Store

Back