Red Dead 2 Offical Tralier

All your stuff gets reset after you beat the game, so don’t get accustomed to any of it except your guns.

Just an FYI. Not really a spoiler here, just gameplay. If deemed a spoiler I can delete but I wish I had known this prior to beating it.

Wait, what? What do you mean “stuff”?

Well that sucks... especially the money bit... I may stop the story now

I got jumped by zombies in the swamp. If I knew that was a possibility I would never have talked to that woman.

Well that sucks... especially the money bit... I may stop the story now

Well Money isn’t bad, the game gives you 20k after you beat the story, which is more than I can spend on what’s in game for now.

Plus I don’t think anything that you have in single player mode will transfer to online. That’s just a hunch though.

Well Money isn’t bad, the game gives you 20k after you beat the story, which is more than I can spend on what’s in game for now.

Plus I don’t think anything that you have in single player mode will transfer to online. That’s just a hunch though.

I just want to make sure that I can roam pretty much invincible while I try to collect everything once I finish the story

Online starts tomorrow for Ultimate version buyers and the rest of us will have access starting Wednesday

Played some online yesterday. Pretty mixed feelings.

The Bad:

Their battle royal mode has too large of a circle and too few players.

The match making in a posse doesn’t automatically put you on the same team.

And the spawn locations are abysmal in team death match/control type games.

On top of that the cover and shooting mechanics are tough in general but really show their flaws in a fast paced semi competitive environment AT TIMES. In open firing it works decently well.

The Good:

Most team death match modes are point based for using different weapons. Ex. Knife kills 7 points, pistol kills 1 point, etc. This will help keep the weapons somewhat balanced.

The fights seem to encourage firing from cover. And I think for this reason if they fix the spawn location issues mentioned above this could become a really nice tactical shooter.

Plenty of space for expansion, the map is massive.

They kept a lot of familiar faces and locations from the story (faces) and RDR1 (places).

Overall it gets a meh from me, but I believe that once we are out of “beta” they have an opportunity for a solid online experience.

Your thoughts seem to be fairly common yesterday. Hearing those sorts of things from lots of places.

Bad, tank like controls and lack of power progression really killed this game for me. I haven't even tried the online yet...and don't have much desire to do so right now.

Online is a little clunky and needs some help. Overall the experience is about the same but the server has issues at times keeping up. Was watching horses ride in the sky at times. I have zero interest in team death match so I didn’t even try it. My biggest complaint is sometimes the missions don’t load and you just have no clue what to do, and the directions on how to join/posse up are completely wrong I. The help screen

Does anyone know the stats for valerian root, ginseng, aged rum? It seems like whichever is for dead eye added a flat 50xp when used. Then I used the health one and it was an odd number as if it’s a percentage or something. If it’s flat who cares use it whenever, if it’s a percentage it would seem you’d want to wait until leveling up to increase the benefit. I can’t find anything online that doesn’t include all the places to find these things which is not what I’m after.

Online is a little clunky and needs some help. Overall the experience is about the same but the server has issues at times keeping up. Was watching horses ride in the sky at times. I have zero interest in team death match so I didn’t even try it. My biggest complaint is sometimes the missions don’t load and you just have no clue what to do, and the directions on how to join/posse up are completely wrong I. The help screen
Its got a lot of potential

I know I’m going to be on a lonely island here... but I’m just going to say it.

This game sucks.

I’m 30 hours or so in and I’m just not having fun. The controls are clunky. The repeated button mashing whilst monitoring stamina to get from point A to point B on my horse feels like a chore at this point. Money is useless, food/guns are so easy to find that I never need to buy anything, I’ve actually had the same guns forever and they serve me just fine.

I’ll be picking up AC Odyssey soon and I can’t wait, I doubt I’ll finish this game.

VN Store

Back