Red Dead 2 Offical Tralier

How's the framerate on regular PS4?

Very well actually. Gameplay pretty much stays locked at 30fps. There are some slight dips during some cutscenes or in busy towns, but overall the game performs solid no matter what platform you play it on.

X1X - 4K native @ solid 30fps
PS4 Pro - 4K checkerboard @ solid 30fps
PS4 Standard - 1080p @ 28-30fps
X1 - 872p @ 27-28fps

Last edited:
Reactions: Aesius
Very well actually. Gameplay pretty much stays locked at 30fps. There are some slight dips during some cutscenes or in busy towns, but overall the game performs solid no matter what platform you play it on.

X1X - 4K native @ solid 30fps
PS4 Pro - 4K checkerboard @ solid 30fps
PS4 Standard - 1080p @ 28-30fps
X1 - 872p @ 27-28fps

Awesome. I'll pick this up for sure then. Hopefully it actually gets a PC release in a year or so.

I've put in about 8 hours so far . The world and attention to detail that R* has created is outstanding! Maybe the best of this generation. However i'm not crazy about the mechanics. They feel slow as molasses and tank-like. I wasn't expecting COD-like mechanics but I certainly didn't expect the controls to be this heavy and unresponsive. Something like Horizon Zero Dawn would've been nice.

Reactions: marvin616
After about 3 hours I'm still struggling to get into this. Clunky controls, micro management of everything, 2 hours of doing nothing but holding X and listening to dialog also got old.

It's interesting but not sure how long I'll last on the single player. I'm trying.

Reactions: Brave Volunteer
After about 3 hours I'm still struggling to get into this. Clunky controls, micro management of everything, 2 hours of doing nothing but holding X and listening to dialog also got old.

It's interesting but not sure how long I'll last on the single player. I'm trying.

I watched a review that said it started slowly...like a super extended tutorial.

I haven't played it yet, but at least one reviewer said it gets better after the slow start.

I watched a review that said it started slowly...like a super extended tutorial.

I haven't played it yet, but at least one reviewer said it gets better after the slow start.
The Prologue was helpful but at the same time I wanted to jump right into things so it dragged.

Reactions: BearCat204
@DrRosenRosen I have never seen you post anything UT football related lol.

Got over that years ago? Or, could care less about football?

I like UT football. I watch the games. But, arguing/discussing football is not something I can do very well. And folks get so fired up in there. I'm VFL. Attended and have now lived in Knoxville for 38ish years now. I'm not one to get into big debates over things. But, if I was honest, I prefer basketball and love our team the last few years. Can't wait to see this year.

I like UT football. I watch the games. But, arguing/discussing football is not something I can do very well. And folks get so fired up in there. I'm VFL. Attended and have now lived in Knoxville for 38ish years now. I'm not one to get into big debates over things. But, if I was honest, I prefer basketball and love our team the last few years. Can't wait to see this year.
He’s a Bama fan and just doesn’t tell anyone

Reactions: DrRosenRosen
I'd give Black Belle the businesa
I spent the last few days just playing a few hours and riding around, hunting, exploring, and I “accidentally” shot a rancher who wasn’t pleased with me taking his stuff in his house...that I thought was empty.

There are tons of YouTube’s and streams out there of people raising hell that are pretty funny

My original PS4 died Monday night, 3 days after I purchased RDR2 on release day. My wife said I did it on purpose to justify upgrading to the Pro. :D

Really wanting to like this game, but I’m struggling with it. Just feels really clunky. Like I don’t really enjoy getting into shootouts, or traversing the world. Maybe I just need to spend some more time trying to get the hang of it, I’m only about 5 hours in, but I’m not loving it.

One poster mentioned horizon zero dawn earlier, that’s the game I just finished before this one. Night and day difference between the controls, zero dawn felt so much smoother.

I have lost count as to how many hours I have in this but I know it’s probably around 15 to 20 and this has surpassed GoW for GOTY for me and that’s before they even bring in multiplayer. The storytelling and environments with this are better than any game I can remember. The only thing holding it back a little is the mechanics. They do feel somewhat clunky but I guess I’ve gotten used to them. I absolutely love this game.

I've hopscotched around a ton and am intermittently doing the story, I'll have to revisit a lot to find things I've missed

VN Store

Back