Red Bank High School Girls' Basketball

vol1981

Does anyone know what the problem is with the Red Bank H.S. girls' program in this early part of the season? They have been getting stomped. This week they were beaten by Sale Creek by a score of 73-3. Red Bank is a very very large school compared to Sale Creek.

Reactions: tnvols72
A sadly intriguing score, especially to learn it was not a case (or multiple cases) of a team decimated by sickness.

Some possible clues from the Chattanoogan's coverage of the game:

...against a Red Bank team that was outgunned by a bigger and faster Sale Creek squad 73-3.
[...] They [Sale Creek] harassed the Lions into turnovers, and popped the ball all over the court with sublime passes whenever the Panthers had possession.
[...] Sale Creek went into halftime up 50-0, and there was a running clock for the rest of the second half. The Lions scored their only basket early in the third. Brooklyn Ervin put in the bucket, and Jocelyn Guzman canned a fourth quarter free throw for the Lions’ only points.

The game summary shows 9 Red Bank players saw action in the game. My guess would be that (unless there is extreme dissension between team members) Red Bank must not have 5 players who have previously played organized basketball.

Nothing but admiration toward them if they keep working, showing up, and improving throughout the season. The lifetime benefits of team competition are not derived from the Win column, but the pursuit.

A sadly intriguing score, especially to learn it was not a case (or multiple cases) of a team decimated by sickness.

Some possible clues from the Chattanoogan's coverage of the game:

...against a Red Bank team that was outgunned by a bigger and faster Sale Creek squad 73-3.
[...] They [Sale Creek] harassed the Lions into turnovers, and popped the ball all over the court with sublime passes whenever the Panthers had possession.
[...] Sale Creek went into halftime up 50-0, and there was a running clock for the rest of the second half. The Lions scored their only basket early in the third. Brooklyn Ervin put in the bucket, and Jocelyn Guzman canned a fourth quarter free throw for the Lions’ only points.

The game summary shows 9 Red Bank players saw action in the game. My guess would be that (unless there is extreme dissension between team members) Red Bank must not have 5 players who have previously played organized basketball.

Nothing but admiration toward them if they keep working, showing up, and improving throughout the season. The lifetime benefits of team competition are not derived from the Win column, but the pursuit.

Your post/explanation of the question posed by the thread does not answer "what is wrong with Red Bay"...

Your post/explanation of the question posed by the thread does not answer "what is wrong with Red Bay"...

True. It only adds a little information, but does rule out some things.

But I think of these threads as a compilation of information or perspectives. I contributed what I had learned. Hopefully the next person will add more. (I originally looked into it because I did have some inside knowledge, but quickly realized that was about a different school's program.)

Most importantly, the thread now has 3 replies, so it's more likely to catch the attention of someone who may know someone who may actually know specifics. If that happens, the OP's goal was achieved.

The Red Bank girls have played 2 games this season. The game before Sale Creek was at Whitwell. The final score was Whitwell 71, Red Bank 11.

Red Bank girls' last game of the 2020-2021 season was played at Meigs County. Final score: Meigs County 59, Red Bank 11.

Dadgum, that is really strange for a large govt school like that. That's not the history either. My next door neighbor played for them in the 80s and was POY in the city and played D1. That's quitw the dropoff.

VN Store

Back