Recruits will notice.

Same people imaging all this improvement will be the loudest Pruitt bashers a year from now. I don't blame the man for taking the money but he wasn't ready for this job. That's what the best recruits see. We're not going to get a great class. Next year the schedule is tougher. In 2021, we'll have a new head coach. Writing is all over the wall.
We were just 1 Qb away from having a bowl season and possibly as much as 8 wins this season. I have been a Pruitt critic this year but now see some light at the end of the tunnel. It sounds like to me that you are getting satisfaction and are hoping that Pruitt and UT will fail long-term.

Pruitt isn’t getting it done on the recruiting trail either currently we are ranked 35th
Good thing recruiting isn’t over till NSD. We lead for several four star players right now. Three four star players from Memphis just received crystal ball picks for Tennessee this weekend. Last year we had several elite players landed on the Oline. This year is going to be LBs and Dline.

We should be in like flint!!! 5 win teams can go Bowling!!! There are so many bowls now, there is something like 78 went to bowls last year- if we win 5 I'm sure we can convince the bowl sponsors to let us in!! We're going BOWLING!!!!!
We were 5-7 last year and didn’t get one

Yes, yes, and yes. We need a top caliber QB. A Tua or Fromm. We need to keep building lines and linebackers. And we need to win four out of the last games. It is do-able.

Fromm is not a top caliber QB. He is short, with an average arm, zero athleticism, small hands, and is super duper and handing the ball off.

B
Maurer will be our QB until he gets drafted to play on sundays.
-
How in heaven's name can you make such a statement? The kid was a 3 star recruit for a reason. He played HS in central Florida and not one of the Big 3 in Florida (UF, FSU, Miami) wanted him. NOT ONE! He's a loose cannon. Maybe he matures. Right now he's just pumped up which is a breath of fresh air to the fan base. The rap on BM was that he's not as good as he thinks. Can he handle the pressure cooker that is being the UT QB. Only time will tell. It's WAY too early to make any judgements.

BM is 23 of 42 (55%) w/ 2 TD's and 4 INT's

Last edited:
Yes, yes, and yes. We need a top caliber QB. A Tua or Fromm. We need to keep building lines and linebackers. And we need to win four out of the last games. It is do-able.
Fromms a game manager and tuas made of glass and throwin to nfl receivers

I think we get 3 more wins and get to 5-7.
SC will be tough, but I think the remaining 4 are all winnable as long as Maurer is healthy. The OL and DL has grown up a lot these last few weeks. I didn't think Miss State was a W but they all stepped up. I watched Mizzu and Vandy saturday and they are beatable.

B

-
How in heaven's name can you make such a statement? The kid was a 3 star recruit for a reason. He played HS in central Florida and not one of the Big 3 in Florida (UF, FSU, Miami) wanted him. NOT ONE! He's a loose cannon. Maybe he matures. Right now he's just pumped up which is a breath of fresh air to the fan base. The rap on BM was that he's not as good as he thinks. Can he handle the pressure cooker that is being the UT QB. Only time will tell. It's WAY too early to make any judgements.

Aaron Rodgers 3 star, Dak Prescott 3 star, Matt Ryan 3 star, Tom Brady 0 star, Ben Roethlisberger 0 star. I'm not sure I am following what you are trying to say.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
B

-

Ouch. I’m about to crush your little theory. BM had over 20 offers at the time he committed to UT. He committed just before “The Opening”. After which he received another 10 + offers from the likes of.....You ready?......UF, Miami, UCLA, Penn St, Georgia ext ext. He never advertised them because he was 100% committed to UT and therefore didn’t entertain other schools.

He was a 3 star ONLY because of the Hs he played for being ranked so low. But if you did your research you would find they had the highest PPG in the state. The reason they went 2-8 was a defense that gave up an average of 45 points a game. His individual numbers were comparable to the likes of Trevor Lawrence and Harrison Bailey. He’s been referred to as the most underrated qb in the 2019 class several times over so your opinion that “he was a 3 star for a reason” is void according to the best Hs qb coaches in the nation.

The “rap” on BM was that he didn’t play against stiff competition and he plays too emotional. So there goes your “he’s just pumped up” theory as well because little do you obviously know that’s just the way he is. Never was it said “he’s not as good as he thinks” at any point.

And btw.....40 tds and 12 int in 10 games doesn’t scream “loose cannon”. It screams you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Absolutely not
Dude, I want him to be the next Manning every bit as much as you do. But, calling him a draft lock after three games that have included a bunch of really bad interceptions and maybe two TDs (iirc) seems a bit premature.

I'll say this: I like our QB "situation" A LOT MORE next year with him and Bailey competing. Butch left us with cupboard bare. Hope he choked on his stogey last night.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Dude, I want him to be the next Manning every bit as much as you do. But, calling him a draft lock after three games that have included a bunch of really bad interceptions and maybe two TDs (iirc) seems a bit premature.

I'll say this: I like our QB "situation" A LOT MORE next year with him and Bailey competing. Butch left us with cupboard bare. Hope he choked on his stogey last night.
Do you think there is a good chance Bailey could win the starting spot next year? If so, would Maurer be our back up?

Ouch. I’m about to crush your little theory. BM had over 20 offers at the time he committed to UT. He committed just before “The Opening”. After which he received another 10 + offers from the likes of.....You ready?......UF, Miami, UCLA, Penn St, Georgia ext ext. He never advertised them because he was 100% committed to UT and therefore didn’t entertain other schools.

He was a 3 star ONLY because of the Hs he played for being ranked so low. But if you did your research you would find they had the highest PPG in the state. The reason they went 2-8 was a defense that gave up an average of 45 points a game. His individual numbers were comparable to the likes of Trevor Lawrence and Harrison Bailey. He’s been referred to as the most underrated qb in the 2019 class several times over so your opinion that “he was a 3 star for a reason” is void according to the best Hs qb coaches in the nation.

The “rap” on BM was that he didn’t play against stiff competition and he plays too emotional. So there goes your “he’s just pumped up” theory as well because little do you obviously know that’s just the way he is. Never was it said “he’s not as good as he thinks” at any point.

And btw.....40 tds and 12 int in 10 games doesn’t scream “loose cannon”. It screams you don’t know what you’re talking about.
----
I'm glad you're stoked. I'm sure you believe everything in your post. Good news. Time will tell.

I much closer to the situation to know what I’m talking about. Not a single word you posted about him was within 180 degrees of the truth.
Like I said, I'm glad you're stoked.
I'm sure you're aware that he'd never taken a snap under center until he arrived at UT, right. That's gotta make you feel real good. UF had no interest in Maurer and there's no evidence that all the big name programs you named offered him. Three elite programs offered him. TxAM, OSU, and us. OSU was in danger of not signing a QB and being late in the cycle Urban offered. When Urbs landed his target (Mathis) BM decided on UT. But hey, I'm glad you're "in the know." I think I missed an INT. I think he's thrown 5 to 2 TD's.
I'm done here. I'm throwing in my white towel as I'm not interested in a pissing match. I hope I'm wrong as I do not want UT to fail. I've WAY too much invested (literally) in UT. Good day fella.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Like I said, I'm glad you're stoked.
I'm sure you're aware that he'd never taken a snap under center until he arrived at UT, right. That's gotta make you feel real good. UF had no interest in Maurer and there's no evidence that all the big name programs you named offered him. Three elite programs offered him. TxAM, OSU, and us. OSU was in danger of not signing a QB and being late in the cycle Urban offered. When Urbs landed his target (Mathis) BM decided on UT. But hey, I'm glad you're "in the know." I think I missed an INT. I think he's thrown 5 to 2 TD's.
I'm done here. I'm throwing in my white towel as I'm not interested in a pissing match. I hope I'm wrong as I do not want UT to fail. I've WAY too much invested (literally) in UT. Good day fella.
Lol. Funny how you throw up his stats on your way out of a pissing match you created by not knowing what you were talking about. So let’s not forget he’s a freshman, most of his “incomplete” passes were thrown away. And I guess since he’s a qb there’s no need to count how many times he’s crossed the goal line huh? 2 passing, 2 rushing which actually equals 4 tds and yes he has 5 ints now. JJ didn’t help him out on one of those but nevertheless.

Need to finish the year strong. Going to be hard if we keep having to trot JG out there. Maurer can't stay on the field. May be time to insert JJ into the QB role and split time with Shrout.. That's about all they can do. I don't think JG takes another snap this year if he really changed that play at the line. Sure looks that way. Guards don't pull on sneaks.

I am a big BM fan..the kid has talent and brass balls, and that makes a big difference to me. Hope he can stat healthy, odds are he can as I think 2 out of the 3 injuries were flukes. I hope he starts every game the rest of the way and lights it up. I know he will make some mistakes, so does CJP. He is a freshman.

That said.. it is pretty clear that you are close to BM. Good friend or close family member etc. Let me caution you on this much my Vol brother...be very thick skinned if you are gonna come here. Learn to accept the fact that there will be people here who will hate BM and talk serious trash at times.

Imagine if you were close to JG instead???

Be ready for that to post here

Reactions: Beagle Bill
Who has UT ranked 35th? They're 23rd in the 247 composite and 29th in Rivals. UT has 14 current commits. You do understand how those rankings work, right? They don't average the stars. They give points for each commit/signee. Every team ahead of them both in the SEC and overall have more current commits.

Several of the teams ahead of them are done if they sign all that are currently committed. UT appears to be in really good standing for 5 or 6 4* defenders. That alone would lift UT 3 or 4 places in the SEC. UT as a 2-5 team is getting into the living rooms of and getting visits from 5* players.

You can't really judge a recruiting class at this point simply by the "numbers".
You can when you’re still butthurt because UT didn’t hire the guy you wanted.
GBO!!

VN Store

Back