Recruits will notice.

RockyTop140

I’m sure recruits were watching this team fight yesterday, and we were more than just competitive. We seriously had a chance to win in the 4th quarter. This has to help recruiting. Who doesn’t want to be apart of what Pruitt is building? Now all we have to do is finish this season strong, and I believe our recruiting will begin to snowball from there. Couldn’t be more proud of the fight everyone showed yesterday. Better times are ahead.

It’s been forever since we had a commitment. Starting to wonder if they are watching with the right color glasses.... or not

I’m sure recruits were watching this team fight yesterday, and we were more than just competitive. We seriously had a chance to win in the 4th quarter. This has to help recruiting. Who doesn’t want to be apart of what Pruitt is building? Now all we have to do is finish this season strong, and I believe our recruiting will begin to snowball from there. Couldn’t be more proud of the fight everyone showed yesterday. Better times are ahead.

The next biggest step is getting to 6, that extra Bowl practice for this young team is a must. Also will show the recruits trending up. Win next Saturday at home USCe, then focus on beating UAB . Who has a open date and will be preparing for us for 2 weeks.

Its a 5 game season now. Win 4 of the last 5 and go to a bowl game would be huge for recruiting. After the dismal start making a bowl game would show improvement and hope to the recruits.
If Maurer is the QB we have a chance at winning out. Vandy beat Missouri yesterday. S. Carolina is the big one. I have no dought that if Maurer started the season at QB we would have at least two more wins right now.

Last edited:
If HB comes to UT, how long will Maurer have as a starter? Are Maurer's days numbered as the starting QB, will he go back to 2nd-3rd backup only?

People seem quick to put Harrison as a Starter I for one would rather Maurer work out.

I’m with you, he has shown a lot of promise. I’m not ready to throw that away for the unknown. The unknown being those mythical stars and grades that scouts give recruits. Like the dual threat quarter back that we have now in Guarantano.

Pruitt isn’t getting it done on the recruiting trail either currently we are ranked 35th
Who has UT ranked 35th? They're 23rd in the 247 composite and 29th in Rivals. UT has 14 current commits. You do understand how those rankings work, right? They don't average the stars. They give points for each commit/signee. Every team ahead of them both in the SEC and overall have more current commits.

Several of the teams ahead of them are done if they sign all that are currently committed. UT appears to be in really good standing for 5 or 6 4* defenders. That alone would lift UT 3 or 4 places in the SEC. UT as a 2-5 team is getting into the living rooms of and getting visits from 5* players.

You can't really judge a recruiting class at this point simply by the "numbers".

People seem quick to put Harrison as a Starter I for one would rather Maurer work out.
True. But it might even be "better" if he's not completely established. Just imagine if Maurer could stay health and play well while Shrout also gets some meaningful playing time... and Bailey signs. That has the makings of a good QB room and GREAT competition for the starting job. Throw Hill in... and UT suddenly have more depth and quality depth than they've had in quite some time.

Question is, did they watch the game and witness as we did or do they just check the scores and judge on final outcome

"Rankings" don't matter. What matters is if the recruits fill holes we need and fit into CJP's system.
If we get recruits that fill holes in CJP's system, how long before they are able to replace those that don't fit into this system? I guess I'm asking, how many more recruiting classes do you think we'll need before we win the SEC.

If we get recruits that fill holes in CJP's system, how long before they are able to replace those that don't fit into this system? I guess I'm asking, how many more recruiting classes do you think we'll need before we win the SEC.
I would guess 2 to 3 years, because that will be when all of the recruits are his. That is when we find out if CJP is the real deal or not. As to winning the SEC, that is anyone's guess. We need Georgia/Bama/Florida's depth at least, so I think we should be talking about it in another 4-5. We have to win big games for that depth to want to come here and sit on our bench. This group won't sniff it at all, but maybe next year's crop when they are seniors. This roster are (imho) playing mostly for their potential at the next level. Not saying they are selfish, but there is no way they will realistically be in the national conversation. I don't know any more than you do, it's just an opinion.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back