Recruits visiting during Pitt game

And there is a potential... if UT bought up every available seat at Heinz (I refuse to call it Acrisure)... that UT could have 20,000 there on Saturday.

But reportedly, the amount of tickets sold is in the 60-62k range.... and since Pitt has 44k season ticket holders and 8k student season ticket holders.... I predict the crowd mix will be about 50k Pitt and 10k Tennessee. Give or take 2k on either number.
I can't say myself. I would say we made up around a quarter to a third of the fans at Mizzou last year.

Tennessee supplied 2,200 seats in a 100,000 seat stadium that is a big bowl with bleacher-style seats.

Pitt supplied 1,500 seats in a 68,000 seat stadium that is an NFL stadium with individual seats and not a single bad seat in the house.

Fake news travels fast.

Every seat in Pittsburgh is a bad seat.
Sincerely,
Cincinnati Bengals

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I can't say myself. I would say we made up around a quarter to a third of the fans at Mizzou last year.
I could see UT getting to 25-30% this Saturday, if there is a surge of late ticket purchases by your fans.

Reactions: sjt18
I could see UT getting to 25-30% this Saturday, if there is a surge of late ticket purchases by your fans.
That would be a bad look for the big time recruits you're having in.

I'm not sure UT is pursuing any common recruits in the '23 class at this point but the WR from STL is someone both programs want.

That would be a bad look for the big time recruits you're having in.

I'm not sure UT is pursuing any common recruits in the '23 class at this point but the WR from STL is someone both programs want.

25% full of visiting fans is a better look than 25% empty seats. Pitt recruits on their close ties with the Steelers (they share a practice facility) and for their record of getting players into the NFL who were 2- and 3-star players out of high school (Aaron Donald, Kenny Pickett - two glaring examples).

Pitt doesn't recruit on "attendance". We have 50k die-hard Panther fans - but that's it. We only have 17k undergrad enrollment so we don't pump out the sheer number of alumni that B1G and SEC schools do.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
25% full of visiting fans is a better look than 25% empty seats. Pitt recruits on their close ties with the Steelers (they share a practice facility) and for their record of getting players into the NFL who were 2- and 3-star players out of high school (Aaron Donald, Kenny Pickett - two glaring examples).

Pitt doesn't recruit on "attendance". We have 50k die-hard Panther fans - but that's it. We only have 17k undergrad enrollment so we don't pump out the sheer number of alumni that B1G and SEC schools do.
UT has an enrollment of around 28K. Vandy's enrollment is smaller. OM and MSU are just a tad larger than Pitt. Most SEC schools are about the same as UT though. Bama and maybe a few others are much larger.

UT has an enrollment of around 28K. Vandy's enrollment is smaller. OM and MSU are just a tad larger than Pitt. Most SEC schools are about the same as UT though. Bama and maybe a few others are much larger.
Fair enough. It is more of a B1G thing (not counting Northwestern and Purdue).

PSU likes to brag about their "107k strong" every home game ..... but :

A) There is literally nothing else to do within 100 miles of Happy Valley in any direction
B) PSU has an undergrad enrollment of over 50k. They pump out alumni at a very high level. Throw in a dozen branch campuses and there are probably 20k PSU graduates every year. So their fan base is replenished at a very high rate.

Reactions: LittleVol and sjt18
Peril? LOL.

Pitt offered 1,500 seats out of 68,400. Since there are no bad seats at Heinz... that's 1,500 good seats.
UT offered 2,200 seats out of 101,915.

The offerings from the two schools were comparable. You guys have your panties in a wad over literally nothing.
Seating is not a problem for this game. Even in an NFL stadium with a small capacity. Vivid seats currently has plenty of seats left for the game. Lower deck starts @ $64 and 50 yard line tickets are $113 on the Pitt side, $107 on the Vols side. $58 to $116 in the 500 area.

The band will be seated on field level, so everyone can enjoy Rocky Top all night long.

I don't see any ticket issues here. In fact, this seems like a deal compared to Neyland Stadium. Take the Florida game, 1st level 50 yd line tickets are $839. Upper deck $196 to $882. Keep in mind, Neyland hold 33% more seats than Acrisure even after loosing 3% of its capacity due to renovations. I expect to see LOTS of orange in Pittsburg Saturday. Going to see the Vols at Pitt is substantially easier on the wallet than a home game.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
Tennessee fans apparently didn't buy any of the Pitt ticket allotment since Pitt only offered seats in 500 level (which UT refused) after UT allotted 2,200 to Pitt in lower level last year. UT did get over 400 tickets in Section 101, primarily for the band. — Jimmy Hyams (@JimmyHyams) September 5, 2022

Peril? LOL.

Pitt offered 1,500 seats out of 68,400. Since there are no bad seats at Heinz... that's 1,500 good seats.
UT offered 2,200 seats out of 101,915.
The offerings from the two schools were comparable. You guys have your panties in a wad over literally nothing.

It's the usual factions of arrogant fans heavily invested in anti-Vols conspiracy theory. Mainly looking for something to gripe about. The resulting outcome is their exuding a mixture of CH4(g)+2O2(g)⟶CO2(g)+2H2O(l) and 2H2(g)+O2(g)⟶2H2O(l) from their northern orifice rather than the mid southern orifice. Such incidents are rather common in Volnation, to the chagrin of most of us.

Last edited:
Pitt did not "lower" UT's allotment. Not by a single seat.

UT got the exact same allotment as every visiting team has gotten since 2001 when the stadium opened. The same allotment Clemson, Florida State, Notre Dame, PSU, WVU, Michigan State, Nebraska, Iowa, Texas A&M got.

Man.. fake news really travels fast....
Love it man. Rain truth bombs.

It's the usual factions of arrogant fans heavily invested in anti-Vols conspiracy theory. Mainly looking for something to gripe about. The resulting outcome is their exuding a mixture of CH4(g)+2O2(g)⟶CO2(g)+2H2O(l) and 2H2(g)+O2(g)⟶2H2O(l) from the north end of their northern orifice rather than the mid southern orifice. Such incidents are rather common in Volnation, to the chagrin of most of us.
Git’em!! Love that science and math. I often wonder what people with those skills do during the day.

Pitt-WVU was not only a sellout... it was the largest crowd in the stadium's history.

The capacity of the stadium is 68,400.

The crowd last Thursday was 70,622.

The largest crowd to ever watch a sporting event in the history of the city of Pittsburgh. Bigger than any Steelers game. (That is because Pitt sold 2500 standing-room-only seats... and the Steelers never sell SRO seats).
Again. Keep’em in line. The conspiracy stuff runs strong in Vol Nation.

UT got the exact same allotment as every visiting team has gotten since 2001 when the stadium opened. The same allotment Clemson, Florida State, Notre Dame, PSU, WVU, Michigan State, Nebraska, Iowa, Texas A&M got.

We have some fans who are convinced there is a universal hatred of UT sports, especially ESPN. So anything that appears to be not favorable to UT is proof your all part of the universal UT hatred. Sometimes if you really believe something hard enough, it is true for you. My apologies Woodsman for trying a little more simplistic explanation.

No, your world frightens and confuses me.

GoodnaturedTidyLadybug-max-1mb.gif

And old but good one to reference back to your name

Correct. Just terrible seats. From your trash administration.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Forgive them, there is a persecution complex which runs through our fanbase. It's human nature, things haven't been going well the last decade plus for UT so some people feel the need to create goblins and other fictitious repositories of blame. Bad news for opponents is that we sincerely seem to be coming out of it. I'm looking forward to Saturday.

So true…and so embarrassing.

Reactions: J C Higgins

VN Store

Back