Recruiting violation investigation

I love the lets point a finger at the other guy crowd.
You have to get serious and realize how ridiculous this situation is. What could they possibly still be “investigating”? My God, they should have located Jimmy Hoffa’s body at this point. And it’s killing recruiting.

The main point is this: THERE ISNT ANOTHER SEC TEAM THAT WOULD DO THIS TO THEMSELVES.

PERIOD.

Last edited:
I bet LSU hasn't spent a dime researching how to turn themselves in lol
The art of "turning themselves in is pretty simple. Determining the fats as to why you have to turn yourself in is much more complicated. When you turn yourself in, you must know all the facts or you don't have a basis on which you can negotiate the conditions of the settlement.
An important condition of turning yourself in is when you don't turn yourself in and try to hide or deny the facts, your punishment will be much more sever. Trying to cover it up is the most sever punishment. It earned Pearl a three year punishment for trying to cover up something as simple as an out door BBQ. Admitting the offense would have been a simple level III violation and he would still be our Basketball coach. When you are stupid enough to get caught, you do pay the price, unless you are Alabama, Georgia or Notre Dame , In football, and Kentucky, North Carolina, Kansas, or LSU in basketball.

The art of "turning themselves in is pretty simple. Determining the fats as to why you have to turn yourself in is much more complicated. When you turn yourself in, you must know all the facts or you don't have a basis on which you can negotiate the conditions of the settlement.
An important condition of turning yourself in is when you don't turn yourself in and try to hide or deny the facts, your punishment will be much more sever. Trying to cover it up is the most sever punishment. It earned Pearl a three year punishment for trying to cover up something as simple as an out door BBQ. Admitting the offense would have been a simple level III violation and he would still be our Basketball coach. When you are stupid enough to get caught, you do pay the price, unless you are Alabama, Georgia or Notre Dame , In football, and Kentucky, North Carolina, Kansas, or LSU in basketball.

If we are talking about the Will Wade stuff, its pretty simple. All they have is the tape which really doesn't admit to anything, although one could speculate that payments are made. As far as I know, LSU interviewed Will Wade multiple times, and players but at the end of the day if all that is all you have - what can be done? Will Wade agreed to add things to his contract which he didn't need to do in case there was further NCAA action. I would say Will Wade's attorney more or less told them to **** off a year ago. This is going on the 4th year of this, and really nothing has materialized. In the meantime, there is credible evidence of Duke paying players and their family which now evidence in other legal action... does anyone actually believe anything is going to happen to Duke? I have a bridge to sell ya.

The days of the NCAA enforcing some compensation restriction rules is over generally speaking. I have no idea if Wade was/is paying players, it probably wouldn't surprise me either way. But if he was, that is just going to make me laugh harder because there isn't much they can do about it.

I would think a school would be moronic to spend money on trying to figure out how recruits have gotten compensated, unless the funds were funneled from school resources without authorization.
I'd think the DA would be involved if that was the case.

Reactions: LSU-SIU
I'd think the DA would be involved if that was the case.

Exactly. I mean if they believe someone is embezzling funds from the school I could see the school having a legal, and fiduciary duty to investigate and turn information over to the Attorney General or local DA. But just throwing $600,000 at an investigation into players receiving compensation either from the coaches or third parties seems crazy stupid.

Someone really didn't like Cornbread all that much, or the AD is ran by the most incompetent people on earth. Probably both. I bet nothing happens with UGA paying players..

Reactions: jarnol32
You have to get serious and realize how ridiculous this situation is. What could they possibly still be “investigating”? My God, they should have located Jimmy Hoffa’s body at this point. And it’s killing recruiting.

The main point is this: THE ISNT ANOTHER SEC TEAM THAT WOULD DO THIS TO THEMSELVES.

PERIOD.

Exactly, read through the VN posts on this subject and there's a rather large crowd almost inviting the absolute worst punishments possible. These are the penitent squad I like to think of them, flagellating themselves on the road to Hoover, Alabama and/or NCAA HQ.

XXXX Hoover, Alabama and XXXX NCAA HQ. Tell them what we're doing and move the hell on for crying out loud, act like you have a pair, you know like Oklahoma did in football and North Carolina did in basketball.

Reactions: blouder1 and CA_Vol
My guess is if we just let it go it will disappear at some point. The ncaa has been neutered by the gov. Sankey is in charge now, and he doesn't want to hurt the image of the SEC. A million dollar fine is enough imo.

Reactions: HalfullVol

VN Store

Back