'21 Recruiting Forum: Official Tennessee Tech Pregame/Game Thread

Happy for Drew Martin (Tech QB)
Played well in mop up duty......always proud of a fellow BGA grad!

Man its testy in here. LOL The bottom line is we just don't have a QB. Going to be a tough year. I just don't think you learn how to have touch on a ball overnight and been doing it since HS. Hooker is as bad with fumbling as Milton is overthrowing everybody. When Jackson comes in he will need time and developing. It is hard to see an end to our QB problem.
You're making it hard on me to make fun of your post.

Reactions: Orange Studs
This was Hooker’s 1st start here. If this were a freshman we’d be excited, I recognize the difference…However I think he executed fairly well with one week of 1st team practice under his belt. If his receivers don’t have a handful of drops he pushes 300 yds

Our defense is pretty good and tackles well. We may have a good combo if these boys learn to recruit

This was Hooker’s 1st start here. If this were a freshman we’d be excited, I recognize the difference…However I think he executed fairly well with one week of 1st team practice under his belt. If his receivers don’t have a handful of drops he pushes 300 yds

Our defense is pretty good and tackles well. We may have a good combo if these boys learn to recruit

Just curious, Jm or Hh?

I'm not sure how did the defense is. I think we know more after seeing it against an SEC offense. It's probably more in the mediocre range, we just don't have the caliber of players we're used to having.

We'll know more after the next couple of games what we truly have.

Honestly, I think he was disinterested. Hard to stay focused, when you don't get any run in meaningful time.

It would speak very very poorly of him imo if he was disinterested. His head coach doesn't appear to see him as a factor in the qb room right now and today Bailey had a chance, perhaps his only chance, to prove himself to Heupel in a game. If he was disinterested in doing that, then he has a horrible mental approach to the game.

I highly doubt he was disinterested. To me he looked like a young quarterback who needs more time, and that's okay. He's got plenty of time to grow and develop whether it be here or somewhere else.

It would speak very very poorly of him imo if he was disinterested. His head coach doesn't appear to see him as a factor in the qb room right now and today Bailey had a chance, perhaps his only chance, to prove himself to Heupel in a game. If he was disinterested in doing that, then he has a horrible mental approach to the game.

I highly doubt he was disinterested. To me he looked like a young quarterback who needs more time, and that's okay. He's got plenty of time to grow and develop whether it be here or somewhere else.

Would kill it at WKU.

Tayven is going to be good in the future.

Reactions: BisonVol

The bad thing about Hooker is he is prone to fumbling and those fumbles against an SEC team are the difference in a game. He has fumbled in every game he has played in this year. Let that sink in.

Would kill it at WKU.

Tayven is going to be good in the future.
Ok...I will bite...why is Tayven "going to be good in the future"? I don't want to sound disparaging to him, but in my mind he is just as big a project as all the guys we have now.

Why can't we find a Gabriel or a Trask? I just don't understand..🤷‍♂️

Gabriel & trask are/were both bigger projects than Tayven tho.
Tayven looks like he has more tools than any QB currently on our roster.

Couldn’t agree more on the Tayven/Trask/Gabriel comparison. Those guys were both much bigger projects that Tayven

Ok...I will bite...why is Tayven "going to be good in the future"? I don't want to sound disparaging to him, but in my mind he is just as big a project as all the guys we have now.

Why can't we find a Gabriel or a Trask? I just don't understand..🤷‍♂️
Trask was a career back-up in high school.

It is a good sign to whip up on a patsy. The offense is scoring and I don't feel like they have really found their rhythm yet. HH must protect the ball.

VN Store

Back