'21 Recruiting Forum: Official Pittsburgh Pregame/Game Thread

Then quit saying it was ****** football! It wasn’t! It was actually a great performance It was far from the best or worst this program has seen. It WAS NOT ****** football!

Most people’s opinion Jack...
its been ****** football for decades, minus the Josh Dobbs anomaly. 2005 was ****** football. with THAT defense. 2007, was also an anomaly. lol, because of Cut.

This was not like a loss in a game where we were favored. Pitt was favored. Nor was it blow out to an overmatched team. The past is just a good-bye.
Hopefully we can develop some quality depth at key areas. For future. I do have a ton of confidence in this staff to have a plan to recruit good players.

Hopefully we can develop some quality depth at key areas. For future. I do have a ton of confidence in this staff to have a plan to recruit good players.
I'd say there is plan. May require too much reach, but there is a plan. Obviously Garner and Martinez are the links to the traditional recruiting regions.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
When we were already about 2-6. He had no pressure because we already sucked.
That is BS. So we were 2-6 , he and the team just said oh F##k it, we don’t really care what happens?
You’re clueless if you believe that.
I can’t say who our best QB is, Hooker based on today only , but you Bailey doubters post some of the most insane crap! More than the Milton doubters by far

That is BS. So we were 2-6 , he and the team just said oh F##k it, we don’t really care what happens?
You’re clueless if you believe that.
I can’t say who our best QB is, Hooker based on today only , but you Bailey doubters post some of the most insane crap! More than the Milton doubters by far

You believe Pruitt’s team had team chemistry and ready to win in game 9 last year? Sure thing.

Go argue with someone else. I was mildly surprised that Bailey wasn’t named starter before the season. I just don’t automatically believe he fixes everything because Heupel clearly likes using the QB as a runner.

Pot meet kettle about posting insane crap. We have a head coach who has PROVEN he can develop QB’s, yet we have bozos spewing stupid things after game 2.

You believe Pruitt’s team had team chemistry and ready to win in game 9 last year? Sure thing.

Go argue with someone else. I was mildly surprised that Bailey wasn’t named starter before the season. I just don’t automatically believe he fixes everything because Heupel clearly likes using the QB as a runner.

Pot meet kettle about posting insane crap. We have a head coach who has PROVEN he can develop QB’s, yet we have bozos spewing stupid things after game 2.
We had a QB who clearly outclassed the others in practice ( or so we were told) last year that sucked most games.
Pressure is not a situation, it’s how the situation effects you.
You say Bailey put up good stats in “no pressure situations”? What’s less pressure than practice? No worries about wins, or crowds or being on TV, so why wasn’t he better in practice? I say playing against SEC Defense, on tv , in front of 75,000 more or less is pressure for an unprepared teen not long out of HS

We had a QB who clearly outclassed the others in practice ( or so we were told) last year that sucked most games.
Pressure is not a situation, it’s how the situation effects you.
You say Bailey put up good stats in “no pressure situations”? What’s less pressure than practice? No worries about wins, or crowds or being on TV, so why wasn’t he better in practice? I say playing against SEC Defense, on tv , in front of 75,000 more or less is pressure for an unprepared teen not long out of HS

Got it, cool. Heupel hasn’t believed he’s the answer yet. I like Bailey, but he was limited with experience and situation last year. I’m not anti-Bailey, but the discussion clamoring that he would have won this game is ridiculous. But y’all have fun discussing it.

Idk how to feel. Just not really much to look forward to for the foreseeable future
Lol Kiffins team sucked last year but is Ranked this year.

Our team is moving in the right direction and the players let this game go. We should have won this game and we were an underdog. We weren’t even expected to score over 20 points.

This game allows the players to reflect on the awful penalties, the blown assignments, etc etc and gives them something to build on.

I'm all in on this coaching staff. We do look like a team now... not a bunch of confused guys on the field. That said, it's infuriating that we're losing to teams with less raw talent than us. ... anyway, I see improvement from last year, but I'm tired of sucking. We have to beat teams like this. Period.

I'm all in on this coaching staff. We do look like a team now... not a bunch of confused guys on the field. That said, it's infuriating that we're losing to teams with less raw talent than us. ... anyway, I see improvement from last year, but I'm tired of sucking. We have to beat teams like this. Period.
Poetic, gracias

Got it, cool. Heupel hasn’t believed he’s the answer yet. I like Bailey, but he was limited with experience and situation last year. I’m not anti-Bailey, but the discussion clamoring that he would have won this game is ridiculous. But y’all have fun discussing it.
I’m not y’all. I haven’t claimed he would of won or lost. Just not dismissing whatever limited experience he’s had, just like I’m not overwhelmed by it either, same as the other QB’s

We’re a team in year 0, and did a bunch of **** that teams in year 0 do: turnovers, penalties, sloppy play. Had a handful of impact players out. Still clearly sorting out a QB situation. We definitely should have won this game, but even in spite of everything working against us, the team never stopped playing. And because of that we lost by one score against a seasoned team. I don’t think this happens in year 4 of Pruitt.

Through two games I’ve been impressed with Tim banks and Ekeler. Defense and ST are miles from last year. Our offensive first quarters have been lights out with occasional flashes of brilliance beyond that. Today was disappointing but showed me that there’s a foundation being laid, and I think it’ll pay off big time by next year. And at least there will be some fun football to watch this year.

VN Store

Back