'21 Recruiting Forum: Official Ole Miss Pregame/Game Thread

Milton should be trashed for not giving his all and giving up on the final play

No he shouldn’t. He is a student athlete doing his best.

The officials and and fake injuries and being robbed of a TD should be trashed. The fact we even needed a TD with 4 seconds left is a travesty.

Reactions: Type Orange+
He didn’t do his best. He literally walked out of bounds with the game on the line.

He should have never been in that situation to begin with. At the end of the day we did enough to win, we just weren’t allowed to win. Mistakes and play calling and everything else…the bottom line is 7 point we’re taken off the board and that was the difference.

We are sitting here blaming Milton for not overcoming the officiating in the last 30 seconds. In no world is that fair to him.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
He should have never been in that situation to begin with. At the end of the day we did enough to win, we just weren’t allowed to win. Mistakes and play calling and everything else…the bottom line is 7 point we’re taken off the board and that was the difference.

We are sitting here blaming Milton for not overcoming the officiating in the last 30 seconds. In no world is that fair to him.
The refs screwed us. Milton should also never see the field again for what he did there. Both of those can be true.

Man, I hate to say it, but @Catbone was right, Matt Corral was just too good. Effing killed UT especially running up the middle. Kid is easy to hate, but if he was UT's QB, I would love him and so would most everybody on VN. Gotta give the pretty boy his props, imo. This one hurt, bad. I least I'm back to living and dying on every game, again, I guess, but it would be nice to WIN one of these games

Man, I hate to say it, but @Catbone was right, Matt Corral was just too good. Effing killed UT especially running up the middle. Kid is easy to hate, but if he was UT's QB, I would love him and so would most everybody on VN. Gotta give the pretty boy his props, imo. This one hurt, bad. I least I'm back to living and dying on every game, again, I guess, but it would be nice to WIN one of these games

This Catbone was right?

63-30 ole miss

I’m not making excuses for the officials 😂.

Let’s play out the strip sack TD scenario…which I agree completely was a horrendous call by the refs.

✅ they took away the TD, but We got the ball because it was 4th down, with great field position.

✅ The drive stalled

✅ We punted them deep and got the safety.

✅ We got the ball on the short kickoff and drove down for another TD.

✅ On the strip sack scenario, we actually ended up with 9 points instead of 7. We had a two point lead once it all played out. No one, absolutely No one, knows how the game would have played out if the strip sack would have counted. But we ended up with a safety we probably would have never gotten. That safety had us in position to have 4 possessions in the 2nd half to take the lead.

✅ I was ticked about the strip sack and the bad 4th down spot, but we lost the game because we kept stalling out drives when we had the opportunity to take the lead. Period.

Who’s to say we don’t kick off and pin them inside the 10 after a TD, and then we get another safety and touchdown.

Didn’t cost us the game but anytime a defense scores a touchdown the odds of winning that game go up exponentially

2 questions!….what the absolute f*** happened over the fumble in the first half…and what the absolute f*** happened with 54 seconds on the clock?…what took them so long on the review?

Reactions: chargervol
I don’t condone the throwing trash, and I wouldn’t ever throw it myself… but I will say I couldn’t give two ***** how our fanbase is viewed anymore. Announcers, sports writers, TV personalities, etc love to get their cheap shots in at UTs expense every moment they can, and they have done that for over a decade now. If they want to look at this fanbase as the villains after schianamo and this event, then so be it. I’ll just be that more obnoxious whenever we do start winning again.
Agree, let me guess, the TV didn't show the OM players taunting the student section after the crap review. Some were even waving at the students daring them to come over the wall.
There is no excuse for stopping to their level. We are better than that. But this horse-crap narrative by all these talking heads that work for a woke media empire is just that, horse crap. They can line all of them up right beside Kiffin and the refs when they fit them for concrete shoes for their afternoon swim in the TN River.

We didn't play our best game yesterday. However, we played well enough on D that it shouldn't have been in question. Our offense was not operating at the level it should have been. Even with that though, the refs cost us this game with the scoop and score reversal and then again with the very obvious fist down that they didn't give us. Those refs should be ashamed that they let those two calls happen. That game should never have been that close but it was and the refs inserted themselves at two crucial points in the game and dictated the end result. Refs should never decide the outcome of a game but they did.

I am happy that our team fought all the way to the end but was disappointed with the last play. You have to at least heave the ball to the end zone and hope for the best. Running the ball was not the answer.

Agree, let me guess, the TV didn't show the OM players taunting the student section after the crap review. Some were even waving at the students daring them to come over the wall.
There is no excuse for stopping to their level. We are better than that. But this horse-crap narrative by all these talking heads that work for a woke media empire is just that, horse crap. They can line all of them up right beside Kiffin and the refs when they fit them for concrete shoes for their afternoon swim in the TN River.

They showed Kiffin and that stupid little smirk he had on his face. They did not mention the OM players taunting the fans. That is low brow but par for the course of what I would expect from a Lane Kiffin led team.

Who’s to say we don’t kick off and pin them inside the 10 after a TD, and then we get another safety and touchdown.

Didn’t cost us the game but anytime a defense scores a touchdown the odds of winning that game go up exponentially

I agree, but we both know that’s unlikely.

However, even if we would have taken the lead on one of the first 3 opportunities we had in the 2nd half, there is no guarantee that a desperate Ole Miss doesn’t go down and score.

I guess my point overall is that we lost. We can if and but and blame refs all we want, opportunities were available to win the game.

I commend the players and coaches, and 102,000+ for fighting to make it a one possession game in the final quarter.

Despite injuries, roster attrition, and an all American QB on the other side, they gave us a great show.

I would bet anything the coaching staff will spend significantly more time focused on why they couldn’t get that go ahead score than on the fumble or ref calls. Why? Because you control the controllable and move forward.

You know they made up some BS to take that TD away. There was no whistle, and they didn't call him stopped. That was a TD. But they made up some BS on the spot to take it away.

I knew as soon as those refs in the end zone didn’t signal a touchdown and just sheepishly looked around at each other that it was coming back. Sh!theads didn’t have the courage to go against the script.

You could see this coming a mile away. No accountability for officials.
no official at any time should determine outcome of the game. people pay $48 a ticket and $13 a beer to watch two teams play. the plays at beginning of game should never happen. If it was an isolated incident itd be one thing but its...every...effing...game.

People say this will impact recruiting...yeah! TN fans showed the eff up and are pissed. Media is missing the whole point. The fix is on. Refs are a joke.

That said, no one shoukd ever throw anything. So silly. We should have and could have won that game. SEC needs to clean up its games, hard to watch.

We are improving. 6-6 will happen. We were never favored to beat Ole Miss, we had every opp to beat them. Im happy.

I knew as soon as those refs in the end zone didn’t signal a touchdown and just sheepishly looked around at each other that it was coming back. Sh!theads didn’t have the courage to go against the script.

I still don't understand the ruling on that.

So, If the QB just stands there and does nothing, he is giving himself up and the play is dead, whistle or no whistle?

Reactions: gainesvol82

VN Store

Back