'21 Recruiting Forum: Official Ole Miss Pregame/Game Thread

I’m not making excuses for the officials 😂.

Let’s play out the strip sack TD scenario…which I agree completely was a horrendous call by the refs.

✅ they took away the TD, but We got the ball because it was 4th down, with great field position.

✅ The drive stalled

✅ We punted them deep and got the safety.

✅ We got the ball on the short kickoff and drove down for another TD.

✅ On the strip sack scenario, we actually ended up with 9 points instead of 7. We had a two point lead once it all played out. No one, absolutely No one, know how the game would have played out if the strip sack would have counted. But we ended up with a safety we probably would have never gotten. That safety had us in position to have 4 possessions in the 2nd half to take the lead.

✅ I was ticked about the strip sack and the bad 4th down spot, but we lost the hame because we kept stalling out drives when we had the opportunity to take the lead. Period.

So you think fans throwing **** is going to change how we're viewed, make it better?

I don’t condone the throwing trash, and I wouldn’t ever throw it myself… but I will say I couldn’t give two ***** how our fanbase is viewed anymore. Announcers, sports writers, TV personalities, etc love to get their cheap shots in at UTs expense every moment they can, and they have done that for over a decade now. If they want to look at this fanbase as the villains after schianamo and this event, then so be it. I’ll just be that more obnoxious whenever we do start winning again.

At the end of the day, 7 more points win the game for us, no? Math is pretty simple here. The what if’s are stupid.

You’re mad. Your ability to think logically is impaired. Re-read my post tomorrow, or later in the week, when you have regained your ability to reason.

We actually ended up with 9 points, not 7, based on the way the sequence of plays / drives played out following that horrible call.

Reactions: SpringBokVol
Yes Corral did have a few successful plays on blitz plays as well but we also stopped him a few times when we actually brought more than 4 men in the box. Banks runs zone ALOT, majority of those 3rd down runs (and even swing passes to the RB) we were in cover 3 and 4 while in a 4-2-5 with Beasley split out to cover their slot/TE. Leaving their lead blocker (center) 1v1 with Banks. There was also a few times they went empty which left us nobody in the middle to cover the draw. Basically Kiffin outcoached banks on 3rd downs

On OM 2nd to last TD we went cover zero and stuffed them twice, 3rd and 10 we back up and play cover 3 and they hit us with a swing pass to the RB for a first down which resulted in 6. Kiffin was doing this all game and we had no answer
They scored seven f'n points in the second half.....seven..

I'm still saying 7 wins. I still think we take KY.

If we win 7 games I will be happy but also pissed about losing this and the Pitt game. 9 wins in Heupel's first season would have significantly accelerated our return to relevance and Heupel would have been COY.

Hey.. Just win
Jake, how are we suppose to do that whenever TDs and first downs are taken away from us? We say, "make plays"...well, we are, we did; and, they were taken away from us by another officiating crew. That dude who made that spot, on the Warren play, he came in from 17 yds down the field, and looked at the sticks before he made the spot. How does that happen, especially after the blown fumble TD?!?!

I absolutely, 100, blame Greg Sankey for this ********. For the last 10 yrs, how may games have officials cost teams across this league...teams not named Bama? Throw in an announcing booth that says ZERO about blown calls, bad spots, and points being taken off the board.

I don't condone what the fans did, but DAMN! Plain and simple, if that TD stands, which it absolutely should have, we win the game. Period, point blank. Nothing else needs to be said.

Jake, how are we suppose to do that whenever TDs and first downs are taken away from us? We say, "make plays"...well, we are, we did; and, they were taken away from us by another officiating crew. That dude who made that spot, on the Warren play, he came in from 17 yds down the field, and looked at the sticks before he made the spot. How does that happen, especially after the blown fumble TD?!?!

I absolutely, 100, blame Greg Sankey for this ********. For the last 10 yrs, how may games have officials cost teams across this league...teams not named Bama? Throw in an announcing booth that says ZERO about blown calls, bad we had itspots, and points being taken off the board.

I don't condone what the fans did, but DAMN! Plain and simple, if that TD stands, which it absolutely should have, we win the game. Period, point blank. Nothing else needs to be said.
It was a bad call.

It did not decide the game. We had other opportunities that we did not take advantage of.

I absolutely, 100, blame Greg Sankey for this ********. For the last 10 yrs, how may games have officials cost teams across this league...teams not named Bama? Throw in an announcing booth that says ZERO about blown calls, bad spots, and points being taken off the board.

Yep. I’m so sick of people saying we should have done x, y, and z.

Baloney. We did enough to win that F’ing game and we should have. I’m sick of this crap every year.

If we were Bama or Auburn or any other darling of the conference we would be celebrating a win right now.

And yet when it mattered most he went “conservative”. Hooker was having success through the air yet hype continued to put our offense in 3rd and longs by running back to back inside zones. He did it on more than just 2 drives, luckily Hooker made multiple good plays on 3rd and long in the 2nd half. Davis continued to get blew up everytime we ran it inside. Yet we continued to do it

Our defense played great, they played their heart out. The play calling was good on 1st and 2nd down. Yet on the “money down” the play calling was lacking. It’s like Florida vs UT in 2015 all over again. We couldn’t get a 4th down stop. Banks was aggressive on 1st and 2nd and then guarded the sticks on 3rd down and corral made us pay
You should go apply for the job over there..I'm sure you'd know how to call plays with this patched up offense much better than that scrub Heupel..

I don’t know how the back half of the year plays out but man all I know is I do not want to watch Joe Milton at all. That sucks bad. He has zero respect from anyone.

Reactions: Pepe_Silvia
Vols played a hell of a game. Coaches coached. Fans did what they had to. Hell of a game. Heartbreaking but even more hope for the future. Insane day from the get

VN Store

Back