'21 Recruiting Forum: Official Ole Miss Pregame/Game Thread

Majority of the failed drives in the second half had more to do with penalties than anything else.

Absolutely, and that drive did as well, but you get put into a 1st and 19 situation and run the ball twice in a row for 4 yards total. Just felt like he gave up on the drive. He obviously has forgotten more football knowledge then I’ll ever know.. but that’s just the way that felt.

I'm not calling the fans stupid for what happened at the game...it was unfortunate, but it is 100% on the officials for being corrupt idiots.
The officials screwed us, but fans made a choice to make it worse. Personal responsibility is real. They shouldn't have thrown ****.

I’m not a football expert, but they tried a few different things on defense. They blitzed him some- didn’t sit back on their heels, and he still ran.

I agree that the play calling was iffy, but one particular play, I noticed OM disguised their call really well. But Hooker was playing the numbers as always, and we couldn’t get a push.
Yes Corral did have a few successful plays on blitz plays as well but we also stopped him a few times when we actually brought more than 4 men in the box. Banks runs zone ALOT, majority of those 3rd down runs (and even swing passes to the RB) we were in cover 3 and 4 while in a 4-2-5 with Beasley split out to cover their slot/TE. Leaving their lead blocker (center) 1v1 with Banks. There was also a few times they went empty which left us nobody in the middle to cover the draw. Basically Kiffin outcoached banks on 3rd downs

On OM 2nd to last TD we went cover zero and stuffed them twice, 3rd and 10 we back up and play cover 3 and they hit us with a swing pass to the RB for a first down which resulted in 6. Kiffin was doing this all game and we had no answer

Reactions: VolGee4
Hey.. Just win

We actually did. I get the play calls and doing things different, but a fairly called games with all other things being equaled results in at least us having 7 more points.

I’m so sick of hearing this same crap.

If it’s not fair it absolutely deserves a non fair response.
How does throwing **** punish the refs? UT will be the one that's punished when we get fined for it, and we will get fined for it.

Go to bed. Wake up as the old Jake.

We played a walk-on tackle and Ollie Lane significant snaps…and Whitehead and a walk-on RB had to contribute. Against probably the #1 draft pick in April. Yea, it’s whatever to me.
I'm aware of all the obstacles we had to overcome.

I'm also aware we did not overcome them.
Again.
1634446410141.gif

Reactions: gainesvol82
What about the final play of the game? I couldn't see what Milton saw in the end zone coverage, but in that situation, you throw the ball high to the end zone and hope your guy outjumps theirs and he runs it and runs to the sideline where he can be cut off.

VN Store

Back