'21 Recruiting Forum: Official Ole Miss Pregame/Game Thread

Kiffin is going to try and embarrass us if he can. He will try every trick in the book and wouldn't surprised if he goes for it on 4th down once Ole piss hits the 50 yard line.
I have pondered the opposite and wondered if Kiffin sandbags as an apology for bolting in the middle of the night! Highly doubt it, but it makes for a good conspiracy theory! Lol

george-bush-angry.gif
Never seen that before. I love how he smiles after dodging.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
F it… I’m caving. Starting to think we win. Breaking out of BVS after years of VN therapy. I need this win like I need oxygen. It’s like the last test to determine if you’ve passed your rehabilitation and if you fail you’re back in the bin. LET ME OUT! GBO! 🍊

F it… I’m caving. Starting to think we win. Breaking out of BVS after years of VN therapy. I need this win like I need oxygen. It’s like the last test to determine if you’ve passed your rehabilitation and if you fail you’re back in the bin. LET ME OUT! GBO! 🍊
meeeeeehhhhh

best kentucky

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Anyone with connections to someone on the team. Have them check CBS sports predictions. Randy cross and Rick Neuhesil said this game won’t be close. Give these guys extra mo

1B02C497-C1A8-43B1-B90A-6B8F6FD3B4E4.jpeg

Tennessee averages 394.5 yards per game and 6.4 yards per carry against the two three man fronts we’ve faced this year.

Contrast with the “only” 183 yards per game and 4.4ypc vs four man fronts we’ve faced this year.

PS that is without Cooper Mays playing.

👀👀👀👀

Last edited:
I want to believe differently, but I think this game is going to Ole Miss. Their edge at QB is the difference imo...MC is just a straight up hoss. I love Hookers development, but he just isn't at that level.

Looking a little closer at Ole Miss, we're probably gonna gash them with 8-15yd runs.

Also, looking a little closer at the VOLS. . . the way Heupel schemes and draws plays up, it's not ordinary by any means. I have a feeling Ole Miss' defense is gonna have a lot of confusion and frustration. It may be a close 1st half. I think if we're up by 7-10pts going into the 3rd, their defense is gonna tire and the confusion and frustration is gonna pay off for us bigtime.

I want to believe differently, but I think this game is going to Ole Miss. Their edge at QB is the difference imo...MC is just a straight up hoss. I love Hookers development, but he just isn't at that level.
if you're looking for silver linings....

1. we don't ask our QB to be what MC is asked to be at Ole Miss, so HH doesn't have to "match" MCs performance
2. Our run game will likely get the heavy lifting portion of the game
3. it's not lost on either coach that it's good when our offense is on the field, and theirs isn't.....so it's gonna be interesting to see how both try to manage specific situations from a TOP standpoint, especially if either defense gets some stops/turnovers.

the biggest advantage they have on us is the experience, and just having a deeper overall roster. i'd imagine there has to be a consideration made by OM as to how to best exploit that, and wear our defense down. we won't stop them much, but when we have the opportunities to get them off the field, we need to do so as many times as we can. and win the turnover battle.

and i wonder if this week, we finally get a Special Teams score, or two, that aren't called back on penalties..........?

in the end, i won't be surprised if OM wins. MC is a difference maker and he could wind up being the difference, you're not wrong at all there...

to me, the biggest challenge for us is the mental challenge. are we bought in to the hype? or do we go about our business? do we press while hoping to win and not to make mistakes, or do we play with our hair on fire like the past couple of weeks? if we have our minds right, we're in this game til the end.

Wet blanket BVS post incoming...

We're just not there yet. OM's level of competition has been better than ours, and we're still not playing with a full deck (65 or so scholarship athletes). With everything in me I hope I'm wrong. We know how to win when we come out and punch someone in the nose, but I'm not sure if we have the mentality to mount a comeback if OM gets ahead 14-17 points.
Is it, though? Pitt is better than Louisville. Arkansas is better than South Carolina and Mizzou.

But it isn't like they have 4 wins over playoff contenders.

Is it, though? Pitt is better than Louisville. Arkansas is better than South Carolina and Mizzou.

But it isn't like they have 4 wins over playoff contenders.
Yeah, I get that. I guess another way to look at it would be this:

What would our record be if we had played their schedule?

What would their record be if they had played our schedule?

Last edited:
Reactions: jakez4ut

VN Store

Back