'19 Recruiting Forum: Official Georgia State Pregame/Game Thread

So let's review--- we are complete garbage. We have so much freakin talent and it is not being put to use and is being wasted. This coaching staff just may be a joke/smokescreen, even more than the previous one. Seriously-- no matter how many freshmen we played, we had above and beyond more talent on both sides of the ball than Ga St, yet they whipped our ass. We looked discombobulated, no emotion, no pride, no urgency...

I think really the biggest surprise to me is how you can have this much raw talent for two years and be out-coached, out-hustled, and out-played, against teams with MUCH less talent on the field. This just screams coaching. Are we ever going to get the right staff?

hopefully we find a way to rebound in some way, but this season is trash moving forward. I know, first game, but you can't raise the level of what was on the field today that much to compete with any SEC team right now.

Mark my words, and I hate saying this, but our recruiting just took a hit we probably won't recover from... There is absolutely no way to sell this to any higher-tier recruit in the country. We will now be for real, 3* U.

I have better things to do than worry about this crap right now. I can't believe we are paying these guys this much to put that on the field. J.O.K.E. I want a refund.
How much have you contributed. You have to give before you get a refund

I jdidn’t believe my eyes at how badly we were getting dominated by their DLINE.

Multiple times, their Dlineman were waiting on the RB.
This should not have happened. No EXCUSES. Period

I’ve been a avid supporter of Friend but he has to get more out of these guys. It’s to the point of embarrassment.

His resume will read Oline coach at TN, and people will laugh

Last edited:
How much have you contributed. You have to give before you get a refund

Easy Bro, this is certainly not the time to be F'n with people or calling them out. You have absolutely no idea What I've contributed to this program and school for many, many years.... If I were you I'd back the F up, and shut the F up.

When you lose to a GA State level opponent, it's not any one players fault. This was an epic failure from Pruitt on down. Not one position group performed well. This is the type of loss that Pruitt will likely never recover from. I give him 10% chance of making it through 2020. I like the guy but he is not head coach material. I said this after Dooley but we're 5 years away, if you hire the right guy. We're five years away right now if we hire the right guy after the 2020 season.

I know we lost some good DL from last year and had a bunch of unknowns but to get gashed like we did against GS a 2-10 last year? Just doesn't make sense except that this team thought the game was already won when we scheduled them.

When you lose to a GA State level opponent, it's not any one players fault. This was an epic failure from Pruitt on down. Not one position group performed well. This is the type of loss that Pruitt will likely never recover from. I give him 10% chance of making it through 2020. I like the guy but he is not head coach material. I said this after Dooley but we're 5 years away, if you hire the right guy. We're five years away right now if we hire the right guy after the 2020 season.

First of all I am as disappointed and upset as anyone so asking this as serious question. Can UT afford another coach that soon? With Jones buyout and I think was a 5 yr contract for CP, can we actually make that kind of move?

The problem is going to be recruiting. We were on the verge of really loading up on elite talent that could have had us competing for the division as early as next year. What's going to happen now? If he can light a fire under this zombie team and they come out, smack BYU in the mouth and get a statement W, then maybe he can salvage it. If not and recruiting nosedives... well, we've seen that movie and we hated it the first time.

I know we lost some good DL from last year and had a bunch of unknowns but to get gashed like we did against GS a 2-10 last year? Just doesn't make sense except that this team thought the game was already won when we scheduled them.

Made sense if followed the offseason. We have a brand new dl. And it was against an option offense.

DL aside, I certainly thought scheming, playcalling, LBs, and DBs would have been better...

False, the OL absolutely looked better than last years unit. But I agree about the DL.
Wrong. OL still looked awful against a much worse opponent. Little to no push and very inconsistent.
Rotating them in and out like musical chairs probably didn’t help.

Our defensive line was atrocious. I better see Simmons in there next week and number 97 should never see the field again. LB #13 should never see the field again.

JG afraid to throw it down field. Commits a bullet pass to Chandler from 4 yards away causing a fumble. Gets sacked and fumbles. Literally lets a guy sack him instead of throwing the ball away. Throws the ball away on 4th and 3. JG is a problem.
JG is a problem, but do we have anyone better on the roster? Either we don’t or we don’t have a coaching staff good enough to recognize that and make a change.

Wrong. OL still looked awful against a much worse opponent. Little to no push and very inconsistent.
I think this is the real issue. We had a group that played better than last years unit. It’s just they didnt get a consistent chance to play together throughout the game so it made it less noticeable

Reactions: franklinpence
First of all I am as disappointed and upset as anyone so asking this as serious question. Can UT afford another coach that soon? With Jones buyout and I think was a 5 yr contract for CP, can we actually make that kind of move?
Paying the #1 most expensive OC in the country? $1m DC? The list goes on.

I'd say no. I'd also say we need to follow through 2020. Then see where we are. 13 games in is far too early for this talk. Idgaf how bad this was, it's 1 game. You don't abandon ship on a long term vision everytime you fail, even badly. That is how poor organizations operate. Skiddish and fickle.

Reactions: jwilliams
This doesn’t happen to a good coach in year 2. It just doesn’t.

But firing him does nothing for us either. There’s a reason our last search got down to him.

As much as this sucks we’re just going to have to ride it out and hope something turns around. Or hand the reigns to Tee so at least if you suck you’ve got a Tennessee person behind the wheel.

We said that before Dooley and Butch. The question is can we afford not to? A drop off of 10% in season ticket sales will be more costly than hanging on to him knowing he's gonna fail. That's what hurt us the last two times. We we fired them both one year too late.

This doesn’t happen to a good coach in year 2. It just doesn’t.

But firing him does nothing for us either. There’s a reason our last search got down to him.

As much as this sucks we’re just going to have to ride it out and hope something turns around. Or hand the reigns to Tee so at least if you suck you’ve got a Tennessee person behind the wheel.

Don't think that won't be discussed behind many closed doors.

Lulz, ok. I stand by what I said and ain’t gonna argue with you tonight. It’s just not worth it at this point. But, JG sucks and is a huge problem for this team.

VN Store

Back