'22 Recruiting Forum: Official Georgia Pregame/Game Thread

i haven't seen or heard nearly the amount of chatter about TN fans able to get to this game. the $$ is a lot more, and i think UGA and UGA fans are doing a much better job of keeping their tickets and going to the game....i will be shocked if this is anything like LSU or Pitt, from an attendance standpoint. i expect it to be full on red and black, with the usual patches of orange.

i still don't think it matters. for whatever reason, i'm just strangely confident this week. i think this is going to be a great game. i think both teams are more than capable of winning. but i guess i'm just gonna have to see somebody stop us before i'll believe it. and by stop us, i mean stop us consistently. make us punt 3+ times. make us go 3 and out. stop us on 4th downs. make us kick more FG's.

the crown won't mean a thing if we do what we do.

all i'm thinking about right now, and all week really, is that 1996 Florida game. we're the home team. we're the bully looking for revenge on the 95 game. we set the record, back then anyways, for the largest crowd to ever watch a college football game on campus...the hype was real. we had peyton manning....the game kickd off and the place was as loud as i've ever heard it. i was at that game that day and the tail gaiting was fantastic, the crown was lathered..top 5 match up.....all the things.

1st possession, we get them to 3rd down, tackle for loss, crowd is going nuts......stopped 'em!!!!! Spurrier goes for it on 4th and 11, and scores a 40+ yard TD, and the crowd died almost immediately. my roomate left the game after that play. lol. we proceeded to pee down our leg the rest of the half, and was down 4TD's before we woke up in the 2nd half and made a run at 'em.

this is what i'm thinking about this week. it's gonna be fun to be THAT team.
That would be amazing...I hope it works out that way.

Up until the Kent St game Georgia’s defense looked unbeatable. Then Kent St scores 22 or so against them. Then Mizzu darn near beats them. Since then they have recovered for the most part.
What was the different in those games? We’re there players missing? Was their attitude not what it should be? I can’t figure what could cause such a night and day difference as that.
They threw their unis out on the field and thought they would win...by the time they woke up against Mizzou it almost cost them their season.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
I wear pessimism as a protective cloak. 50 years of Vol fandom makes me realistic, and I believe this is going be a tough game. If we get up by two touchdowns via some quick strikes, I think it's over. We win going away. We seem to pour it on people without looking back in that situation. But if it stays close, just trading TD's without stopping them, we do not have the advantage.
I agree...Captain Call

Last edited:
The GameDay Georgia crowd is taking a lot of excitement out of the upcoming game today. What a bunch of wet towels. UGA got satisfied last year and now they're just going through the motions. Yawn....I can't take anymore of this wake. I'd rather rake leaves.

*I hope Sankey is paying attention and puts the protective "halo" on TENNESSEE for good. With a fair referee crew at the game today, TN will win big. We are the premier team in the SEC and we don't need to be screwed out of wins by shading refereeing

I can’t explain why I’m not even nervous about this game. Like, it’s pre-ordained we’re gonna win and we’re gonna see Kirby throwing a temper tantrum multiple times on the sidelines.
Same. And I'm always nervous. It just feels like we will score as many as we need too. We aren't losing today.

VN Store

Back