'22 Recruiting Forum: Official Florida Pregame/Game Thread

1664121388650.png
flaming-elmo-flaming-elmo-meme.gif

Would have needed one more completion to get in FG range. Maybe could have. I guess he might have hit like a 56 yard FG.
If they hit the 2pt conversion I believe Heupel would have been more aggressive on our last drive. Tried to put up some points. He knew it was a two score game. Can't believe I'm saying this but props to the gators on one thing, that was about the best executed onside kick I've ever seen. Bet we practice those some in the bye week

They would have called plays for a fg that last drive. The way our secondary was playing they'd have easily gone 30 yards in 16 seconds
They hit a pretty long one on the first play. Missed the next throw and then it was a Hail Mary. I agree they would have had a significantly better chance of tying it if they only needed 3. Just don't think it's quite a foregone conclusion.

I dont really get a lot of the praise for Napier. That was way beyond aggressive and into reckless the way they called the game. Now it worked out for them, because it always does when we play florida, but he's taking way too many low probability shots that basically lose the game if you don't land them all. He did similar things against Utah, which again worked out, but it will catch up with him.

Its worked in two games but I guarantee its going to get them flat blown out at some point, and will result in losing to someone they have no business losing to if they approach games that way.

His game plan was clearly to keep the ball away from our offense bc he knew they couldn’t stop it and it’s hard to argue against it when it paid off the way it did. But hindsight is always 20/20.

lol slow down hoss and put the doobie down. They need to beat LSU first. There’s a good chance the bye week will steamroll this D. Still think 9-3 is where we land.
First, I don’t smoke dope. Never have.

Second, never said I think these are likely scenarios. I think at this point, 8-4 and 9-3 are most likely. Decent chance at 10-2 which will be a VERY good year. But there is a remote shot at the CFP. The post was for discussion purposes only.

Unless we figure something out this week and make major changes on defense, we will struggle mightily to slip by LSU, which means we will contain their QB, and let's face it, that AINT happening... L's are Bama, GA, and playing KY away is another rivalry which will go down to the wire. SC will MUCH closer than people want it.

So, no CFP--- Two years from now, if we keep up the recruiting pace, I will say Hell yeah we will be in the CFP!
I seem negative, but I'm just being realistic and not sugar coating things... Love the staff overall and we are gonna get there, but we aren't there yet because our Defense just doesn't have the talent yet. Unfortunately this is our achilles heel and will equal a few losses this season.
Oh I agree it is not likely at all this year. But is a conversation that can be had and people say, “Hmm, not impossible…”

lol slow down hoss and put the doobie down. They need to beat LSU first. There’s a good chance the bye week will steamroll this D. Still think 9-3 is where we land.
He said "decent chance". What do you have against people talking about Vol possibilities on a Volunteer discussion board? You act like he was assuring predictions and trying to take your diaper money.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
If they hit the 2pt conversion I believe Heupel would have been more aggressive on our last drive. Tried to put up some points. He knew it was a two score game. Can't believe I'm saying this but props to the gators on one thing, that was about the best executed onside kick I've ever seen. Bet we practice those some in the bye week
Watching the replay it looked like Bru could have gotten to it. It’s like basketball—you’ve got to move to the ball. Oh well, we won and he had a great game so that’s what I’ll focus on.

First, I don’t smoke dope. Never have.

Second, never said I think these are likely scenarios. I think at this point, 8-4 and 9-3 are most likely. Decent chance at 10-2 which will be a VERY good year. But there is a remote shot at the CFP. The post was for discussion purposes only.
LOL I love when people respond to a rhetorical idiom with a literal rebuttal.

VN Store

Back