'19 Recruiting Forum: Official Florida Pregame/Game Thread

I doubt UT would consider making any sort of change without a plan in place-- either have an interim ready or backchannel a hire. UT has been in circle the wagons mode for a while. It's why they brought in Randy Boyd, brought Kellie Harper home, paid Barnes whatever he wanted and added Marc Weekly to the softball staff.

And there are other avenues to explore before firing someone.

Curious about other avenues short of letting a coach go?

First, any players transferring because they were recruited by Pruitt and he gets fired - bye. Don't care who they are if they don't have enough sense to know they are a dumpster fire.

Second, losing begets losing and recruits know it. If your program clearly has no identity or direction, recruits know it. If the staff is not achieving results to better recruits' careers and lives, recruits know it. So what happens if all of the above are occurring and yet, the university makes no change in its coaching staff?

Third, losing causes the almighty dollars from donors to start getting withheld and the attendance drops dramatically at games. Revenues decrease.

Pruitt has the month of October to turn it around because Mizzou, UK and Vandy will be licking their chops to put a L on the Vols and he will have lost the team by the point if nothing good has happened. He's 100% going to lose to UGA and Bama. The two wins he can get are MSU and USCe. He does that and wins 2-3 more, he comes back.

Why will they agree to open up those purse strings this time? They haven't the past few searches, so why now?

Yes they have. We offered gundy a fat contract.he turned us down bc he’s a cowboy alum.

But we’ve opened up the checkbook big time for Pruitt.
We’ve given mediocre Chaney the bank...gave Ansley the bank. Added about 30 different support staffers.

We have upped the spending big time.

Hire someone who can recruit to Tennessee because they believe in Tennessee. Because it hurts them to see Tennessee lose every damn week.

Close ranks. Make the state the ultimate priority in recruiting. It’s not a recipe for national championships but at least we’ll have 85 guys who think it’s important to play football in Volunteer Orange. That can take us a long way as we rebuild.

Les MileS

Yes they have. We offered gundy a fat contract.he turned us down bc he’s a cowboy alum.

But we’ve opened up the checkbook big time for Pruitt.
We’ve given mediocre Chaney the bank...gave Ansley the bank. Added about 30 different support staffers.

We have upped the spending big time.

Working out well, huh?

So sick of hearing “5 year rebuild”. Get a good coach who can coach and motivate. Tennessee recruits it’s self. Recruiting will never be a problem here.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
My biggest concern with Pruitt was how he would succeed driving Hyundais and Kias when he's used to driving Lamborghinis and Ferraris.

Currie was a Haslam stooge. He was hired to hire Greg Schiano because Jimmy Haslam had a man crush on him after wanting to hire him in Cleveland and nearly causing a revolt in their front office.

Yep - Haslam lost a highly respected executive in Banner because of it as well.

My biggest concern with Pruitt was how he would succeed driving Hyundais and Kias when he's used to driving Lamborghinis and Ferraris.

We don’t have hyunadais and kias. Are we as talented as the blue bloods no? Absolutely no reason for getting blown out in virtually every big game Pruitt coached us in.

Jakob Johnson promoted from practice squad for Pats. Good for him. Always seemed like a good dude who played hard whenever and wherever asked.

Reactions: HeadVol77
We don’t have hyunadais and kias. Are we as talented as the blue bloods no? Absolutely no reason for getting blown out in virtually every big game Pruitt coached us in.

Not the point of my post. I'm not saying Tennessee is devoid of talent. My point is he's not used to working with less talent. I don't think he's got the ability to "Coach them up".

VN Store

Back