'19 Recruiting Forum: Official Alabama Pregame/Game Thread

Today's injury was kind of a fluke though. If he doesn't hit his own player going down, he's most likely okay. Wrong place at the wrong time kind of deal.

Being unlucky is probably worse. You can’t fix that. He’s tiny. Maybe some extra padding helps.

There is no amount of weight gain that can save you from concussions.
The real concern is how much can you expect to get out of Maurer for the rest of the year.
3 straight weeks of concussion should mean end of the year for an 19 year old kid.
If we are being honest with ourselves, knowing what we now know about concussions, this is nothing to just bat an eye at.
3 consecutive major brain injuries is as bad as it gets for as football player.
The NCAA/SEC needs to step in if the kid is allowed to play next week.
These kids seemingly have no one protecting them. Jerry jeudy was clearly knocked unconscious and was allowed to come back in the game. That’s damn near criminal

Maurer didn't get concussed vs UGA.....got hit in the ribs. I don't think he did vs Miss St either. That was a neck injury and required the same protocol.

I think last night was the only true concussion and probably mild. I think the staff is doing a great job of overprotecting him which is making it look like the situation is worse than it is. That should play very well with recruits parents/HS coaches.

Let's not forget the wonderful touch pass to JJ who became so wide open headed to the enzone only to watch the ball land about 10 yards beyond him. JG has to be one of the worse 4 star QB's ever recruited. He has absolutely no football sense or awareness. He is like a bugger that you just can't seem to get off your finger. He just keeps hanging on and coming back onto the field.

Let's not forget the wonderful touch pass to JJ who became so wide open headed to the enzone only to watch the ball land about 10 yards beyond him. JG has to be one of the worse 4 star QB's ever recruited. He has absolutely no football sense or awareness. He is like a bugger that you just can't seem to get off your finger. He just keeps hanging on and coming back onto the field.
I really don't believe this but it's been so bad that it has crossed my mind that he's intentionally sabotaging the team.

Another blown call was when Bama had the ball and the play clock expired. It has expired for at least 5 seconds when all of a sudden the refs blew the whistle and announced Bama had called a timeout.
The one that irked me was the wildcat where JG split out wide and the ref blew the whistle to give Bama the opportunity to adjust.

The one that irked me was the wildcat where JG split out wide and the ref blew the whistle to give Bama the opportunity to adjust.

My wife, who is just merely a spectator, doesn’t know much about the game, even noticed these two calls!

Another blown call was when Bama had the ball and the play clock expired. It has expired for at least 5 seconds when all of a sudden the refs blew the whistle and announced Bama had called a timeout.

In real life, does this corruption between Alabama and SEC officials truly go on? We fans have had our tin foil hats on since the beginning of organized sports, but I'm really starting to believe something is going on.

The 2004 SECCG started it all for me. Pretty sure we had two long TD runs called back for phantom holding calls. That year, Auburn was undefeated and trying to get in the BCS title game but was #3. It was clear what was happening. Corrupt and arrogant conference.

Tim Irwin this morning said it appeared that the only reason they blew that whistle was because Bama wasn’t ready to play. And he is far from an apologist or conspiracy theorist.

The head ref actually looked at Saban on Bama’s sideline, as if to say what do you want me to do here? Time out or delay of game?

VN Store

Back