Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

I'm sure it was some outstanding pillar of a community. Your jealousy is showing BTW.
That place is a trap for young black men.

Sorry if I offended you.
Also, a good friend of mine teaches there, and he says it's one of the worst schools in the county.
I did eat at a Ryan's there many moons ago...
But it's trash imo

Sorry if I offended you.
Also, a good friend of mine teaches there, and he says it's one of the worst schools in the county.
But it's trash imo
Wow lighten up. I live in the powell postal area. Farmed in powell since boyhood. Mr Wiegle gave us boys chewing gum when grandpa delivered milk. Spent many hours with Bob Lyons and his wife Rosie. Powell is a good place, very good

Reactions: LittleVol

Sorry if I offended you.
But it's trash imo
So, I am assuming your friend has taught at other schools to provide some basis for this unbiased comparison?

Reactions: Smokey19rt

Sorry if I offended you.
Also, a good friend of mine teaches there, and he says it's one of the schools in the county.
But it's trash imo
Well you're trash. IMO.

Edit to add, maybe you've got your communities mixed up or your just a straight up liar, Powell has never had a Ryan's.

Last edited:
So, I am assuming your friend has taught at other schools to provide some basis for this unbiased comparison?
He's obviously jealous. He won't say where he went to school. School is what you make of it. My parents went to Powell in the 50's. I graduated from Powell and did pretty good for myself. My oldest graduated from Powell, went on to UT, graduated Summa Cum Laude as a dual major in business analytics and marketing with a collateral in supply chain management. All in 3-1/2 years that included a work study abroad in Australia. My son graduated this spring with a degree in electrical engineering in 4 years (many take 5). I'd say Powell is not all that bad.

All I know is at the game Saturday all of us who had Verizon had zero signal and people with ATT were texting sending pics loving life.

All I know is at the game Saturday all of us who had Verizon had zero signal and people with ATT were texting sending pics loving life.
Agree. I have verizon and can't even get a text out and the guy in front of me is sending pics checking Facebook. What's the deal?

Reactions: bignewt

Sorry if I offended you.
But it's trash imo
What Ryan’s? Never seen one in Powell. And I would put PHS up against any school in the area not named Bearden, Hardin Valley, or Farragut.

Sorry if I offended you.
But it's trash imo

You need to bish slap yourself for eating at Ryan's.

Reactions: LittleVol
Agree. I have verizon and can't even get a text out and the guy in front of me is sending pics checking Facebook. What's the deal?

Need to get Verizon to install cell towers in the V-O-L-S letters so we can be on our phones too.

True dat!!! I tried sending multiple pics that failed. Barely could get a text to go through. My nephew has ATT and was doing everything on his phone like he was connected to the best internet in the world! I had to get on his phone so I could hop on VN at halftime.

He's obviously jealous. He won't say where he went to school. School is what you make of it. My parents went to Powell in the 50's. I graduated from Powell and did pretty good for myself. My oldest graduated from Powell, went on to UT, graduated Summa Cum Laude as a dual major in business analytics and marketing with a collateral in supply chain management. All in 3-1/2 years that included a work study abroad in Australia. My son graduated this spring with a degree in electrical engineering in 4 years (many take 5). I'd say Powell is not all that bad.
100 % agree. School is just the tool. Some tools are better than others, but it is totally what you make of it. I went to Fulton High School and it has a rough reputation in town. I had no issues at all the whole time I was there. I had fantastic teachers and owe a big part of my adult success in life because of the influence from my teachers there. I know you are extremely proud of your son and you have every right to be.

Wow lighten up. I live in the powell postal area. Farmed in powell since boyhood. Mr Wiegle gave us boys chewing gum when grandpa delivered milk. Spent many hours with Bob Lyons and his wife Rosie. Powell is a good place, very good
I'm glad it's been good to you.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Well you're trash. IMO.

Edit to add, maybe you've got your communities mixed up or your just a straight up liar, Powell has never had a Ryan's.

Wow.
I never said anything about YOU.

Wow...
And you wonder why I said what i said about Powell. Thanks for confirming it👍

100 % agree. School is just the tool. Some tools are better than others, but it is totally what you make of it. I went to Fulton High School and it has a rough reputation in town. I had no issues at all the whole time I was there. I had fantastic teachers and owe a big part of my adult success in life because of the influence from my teachers there. I know you are extremely proud of your son and you have every right to be.
Speaking of tools.... @LittleVol.

Aptly screen named.

VN Store

Back