Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

We don't know if he's racist or not, that's not really the point. I don't want someone who is inconsiderate enough to use the word, maliciously or not, representing the University when there are so many other great role models to pick from.

Some of the young men on the team probably don't care that he was "just being stupid" around his close group of friends. Some might even use the term themselves, but I'm sure there are plenty that are offended by the word, no matter the intent.

Similar to how some people still use the terms "retarded" or "gay" synonymously with stupid. They don't necessarily hate those with mental disabilities or gay people, but they don't take the time to think about how their words make others feel.

Everyone makes mistakes and I know Wallen apologized. He shouldn't be blacklisted. He should be able to make a living. People should be free to listen to and buy his music. He's just not going to be my pick to represent the University.

Not trying to open the "are we becoming too PC" or "everyone can be offended by something" can of worms, just stating my opinion from someone who used to not understand that words matter.
Yeah uh it's certifiably diabolical to try and say Morgan Wallen did anything wrong.

It's not right to be offended of him using the 'a' version of the N word WITH BLACK FRIENDS who obviously didn't care.

I dont want anyone representing the university that would condone any punishment for that. It sets such an ugly disingenuous and precedent that promotes insanity.

Sorry folks but context does matter.

HE WAS WITH FRIENDS BEING FRIENDS WITH THEM.

You being offended by a word just because it was uttered regardless of the context and then demanding things be done is some straight inquisition evil b***sh*t.

I've had AT&T as my service for years. After seeing LeChina doing an ad for them I've decided to drop them. Not gonna support a communist organization like that
I dropped them a month ago for Verizon and couldn’t be happier. I had had ATT for about 10 years and had some horrible customer service experiences.

Reactions: Govolsman98
I dropped them a month ago for Verizon and couldn’t be happier. I had had ATT for about 10 years and had some horrible customer service experiences.
ATT Uverse, or, ATT Fiber? One is Digital Subscriber Line, other is a GPON Fiber network. There is a massive difference.

We don't know if he's racist or not, that's not really the point. I don't want someone who is inconsiderate enough to use the word, maliciously or not, representing the University when there are so many other great role models to pick from.

Some of the young men on the team probably don't care that he was "just being stupid" around his close group of friends. Some might even use the term themselves, but I'm sure there are plenty that are offended by the word, no matter the intent.

Similar to how some people still use the terms "retarded" or "gay" synonymously with stupid. They don't necessarily hate those with mental disabilities or gay people, but they don't take the time to think about how their words make others feel.

Everyone makes mistakes and I know Wallen apologized. He shouldn't be blacklisted. He should be able to make a living. People should be free to listen to and buy his music. He's just not going to be my pick to represent the University.

Not trying to open the "are we becoming too PC" or "everyone can be offended by something" can of worms, just stating my opinion from someone who used to not understand that words matter.
I wasn't advocating for him to be the guest picker on college GameDay. I was pointing out that the situation was blown out of proportion like many others in our society today. As far as whether or not we've become too PC.... many are very hypocritical in that regard as well as long as it suits their personal narrative.

Reactions: KptVFL
Yeah uh it's certifiably diabolical to try and say Morgan Wallen did anything wrong.

It's not right to be offended of him using the 'a' version of the N word WITH BLACK FRIENDS who obviously didn't care.

I dont want anyone representing the university that would condone any punishment for that. It sets such an ugly disingenuous and precedent that promotes insanity.

Sorry folks but context does matter.

HE WAS WITH FRIENDS BEING FRIENDS WITH THEM.

You being offended by a word just because it was uttered regardless of the context and then demanding things be done is some straight inquisition evil b***sh*t.

I’m not sure where this came from that he was “with black friends”. Not one thing I’ve ever read says that. He says “I say it with a certain group of friends I grew up” and admits he doesn’t think about how the word affects others. So, prob not racist, but an immature child.

Also, still not buying the black friends thing. My black friends would not be my friends if I used the word.

Reactions: PYSCHO

You had horrible customer service and now you are with Verizon. Lol......you ain't seen nothing yet. Wait until you see the customer service from Verizon. I was with them for years and there is not worse customer service than Verizon.

You had horrible customer service and now you are with Verizon. Lol......you ain't seen nothing yet. Wait until you see the customer service from Verizon. I was with them for years and there is not worse customer service than Verizon.
Customer service was the tip of the iceberg. I’m sure Verizon has flaws too but it was time for a change for me.

ATT Uverse, or, ATT Fiber? One is Digital Subscriber Line, other is a GPON Fiber network. There is a massive difference.
I have ATT fiber. 1000mbps. I love it. My apartment complex forced us all to sign up with spectrum about a month into living here, but I just kept my ATT on top of it lol.

I have ATT fiber. 1000mbps. I love it. My apartment complex forced us all to sign up with spectrum about a month into living here, but I just kept my ATT on top of it lol.
They're likely getting paid for an exclusivity deal with management company. ATT is the bigger company, nationwide, they do that junk too. All over Nashville, Knox, Morristown.

Reactions: InVOLuntary

VN Store

Back