Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

Since most land has been gained through conquest, just about all land has been "stolen" at some point.

But we did do them dirty on the Trail of Tears. Andrew Jackson was a ruthless, Native American hating bastard.
Though it is true, Jackson was ruthless and hated 3 things immensely: Native Americans, Brits, and Spaniards, it was Van Buren who actually enforced the Trail of Tears in 1838-1839. Jackson attempted to force the military to conduct it after he signed the Indian Removal Act, but as I recall from what I've read the SCOTUS ruled that he couldn't in Cherokee Nation v State of Georgia. Then when Van Buren came in he completely ignored it and sent 7000 troops let by Winfield Scott to force them out. Scott himself was a ruthless, vile general. Had he been at least a decent human then so many lives may not have been lost.

Rare footage of the French Green Berets.
View attachment 476353
Special Cybergoth Unit (SCU)
View attachment 476356

full

Lord I swear lol. It’s August and some act like if a kid were to commit somewhere that there is zero chances he could flip. Flips happen every single year. People need to relax.
And we will have some flips too to other teams. We will be lucky to finish in the top 20 next February. And it’s not August yet…..

Can we ban this clown already?
. We get it you only like one sided non bias viewpoints and opinions. I am a Vol fan and I will be at the Florida game this season. Do I hope we win? Absolutely. Do I think we will win? No I don’t and going on the last 15 years of this “rivalry” game then you tell me why I should believe that we will win that game this year. You are clearly not a very sapient fan like me. Orange tinted glasses on 24/7 as for me I bleed orange and I will always will but I took off those glasses around 2010.

. We get it you only like one sided non bias viewpoints and opinions. I am a Vol fan and I will be at the Florida game this season. Do I hope we win? Absolutely. Do I think we will win? No I don’t and going on the last 15 years of this “rivalry” game then you tell me why I should believe that we will win that game this year. You are clearly not a very sapient fan like me. Orange tinted glasses on 24/7
defensiveness, me vs you. not very, sapient.

. We get it you only like one sided non bias viewpoints and opinions. I am a Vol fan and I will be at the Florida game this season. Do I hope we win? Absolutely. Do I think we will win? No I don’t and going on the last 15 years of this “rivalry” game then you tell me why I should believe that we will win that game this year. You are clearly not a very sapient fan like me. Orange tinted glasses on 24/7 as for me I bleed orange and I will always will but I took off those glasses around 2010.

Yeah yeah yeah, you’re a lifelong Vol fan that’s “realistic”.

We’ve heard this ole same **** story from every troll on this board.

You’re not fooling anybody.

I have never understood the continued French jokes. Sure their leaders raised the flag but so did half of Europe. The French then turned around and setup one of the greatest resistance networks the world has ever seen -- they put their lives and the lives of everyone they came in contact with on the line. While others who weren't in France at the time were able to rally and fight reorganized with the Allies. The French people proved themselves to be badasses from soldier to civilian and there was no better place for an American post-War than in France.

I realize De Gaulle was a douche afterwards once he became President but he correctly assessed both the Anglo-American alliance and the Soviet sphere were threats to France post-war and wanted a European counter to those powers (aka the EU). Obviously it's worked out even better than he or anyone else could've imagined because we managed an uneasy peace for all these years and then a relatively easy peace after the fall of the Berlin Wall. The Anglo-American alliance has remained strong but the economics based Chi-America has risen for both good and bad and in some ways has kept China and Russia from being too strong together. The EU not only got off the ground but is thriving and has helped Europe maintain peace within. The fly in the ointment is that Russia keeps dreaming of remaking the Tsar's plans and his map.

Reactions: Devo182

Attachments

• 06614F4F-41C9-4021-8A36-33D8B99F4E5D.jpeg
    06614F4F-41C9-4021-8A36-33D8B99F4E5D.jpeg
    954.6 KB · Views: 15
  • FF04E295-F5C7-4AC7-8BF1-1ADAB858629A.jpeg
    FF04E295-F5C7-4AC7-8BF1-1ADAB858629A.jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 14

Ok buddy rest assured you don’t know me personally and that I have been a Tennessee fan since 1982 and that’s a fact. Your making unproven assumptions on the internet. You see one viewpoint and one opinion and that’s yours and that’s probaly describes 90 percent of the posters on here. You can’t see both sides of the coin, very similar to the political parties.

I have never understood the continued French jokes. Sure their leaders raised the flag but so did half of Europe. The French then turned around and setup one of the greatest resistance networks the world has ever seen -- they put their lives and the lives of everyone they came in contact with on the line. While others who weren't in France at the time were able to rally and fight reorganized with the Allies. The French people proved themselves to be badasses from soldier to civilian and there was no better place for an American post-War than in France.

I realize De Gaulle was a douche afterwards once he became President but he correctly assessed both the Anglo-American alliance and the Soviet sphere were threats to France post-war and wanted a European counter to those powers (aka the EU). Obviously it's worked out even better than he or anyone else could've imagined because we managed an uneasy peace for all these years and then a relatively easy peace after the fall of the Berlin Wall. The Anglo-American alliance has remained strong but the economics based Chi-America has risen for both good and bad and in some ways has kept China and Russia from being too strong together. The EU not only got off the ground but is thriving and has helped Europe maintain peace within. The fly in the ointment is that Russia keeps dreaming of remaking the Tsar's plans and his map.
viva-la-france-viva-la-surrender_o_6152301.jpg

I get that but it's like people really don't know that without the French Resistance and the Intelligence they gave us we never would've won the war. We certainly don't win the grand push at Normandy.
I just like the laughs. My only real beef with the French is I blame them for Vietnam.

Reactions: Glitch

Capitulation on Joan of Arc, England ravaging their country for years because their king refused to leave the safety of his walls, and Paris falling to Hitler in like 10 minutes are some examples that come to mind. It's not the French common citizens that are mocked (the revolutionaries), it's the government and thus the military because they control the military.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill

Relax..it is a joke. And Anglo-American has nothing to do with Franco-American alliance And even France has been in and out of NATO for decades.
So spare me your history lesson.

It is a joke.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL

VN Store

Back