Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

Just got an episode and a half in. Fell asleep. I felt the beginning of the story was too jumpy and if they stuck with the books, maybe it takes an additional episode but it would have flowed better. I also thought the point of the dragon was that it was a man because how extreme men handle the power... Why is Ewgene included in that?

I feel like Mat, Perrin, and Rand are scripted as being more mature than I've envisioned so far.

In fairness, the kids do grow up fast early in the 14 book series but it still took the whole first book.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Not sure if I have posted this or not but my absolute favorite Pruitt "Diddy" story...

After the Bama game last year Pruitt, Kesling and 3 or 4 staffers from football/Vol Network rush over to the studio to film the show right after the game and it was notoriously a terrible environment after wins or losses with Pruitt just trying to get it done.

But anyway, last year Pruitt and Kesling are sitting there during a commercial break (taped so the breaks can be as long or short as they want) after the Bama game and Pruitt’s phone rings. He says it’s his “diddy” so he has to answer. Answers and puts it on speaker in the middle of the studio.

His dad proceeds to absolutely rip him apart for being an embarrassment to the family, making him look bad as a father, saying they can’t show their face at home anymore etc. Just 30-45 second waves of verbal abuse one after the other and after every wave CJP would simply say “Yes sir, diddy” or “I’m sorry, diddy” or “I understand, diddy”

Conversation lasted about 5 minutes and Pruitt said about 20 words and was ripped apart like a 13 year old boy who had broken curfew or stolen from the offering plate or something. This is in front of Kesling and a handful of other stunned people.

Finally his dad says something like “You need to think long and hard about what you’re doing up there and get that **** fixed because you’re ruining 40 years of my hard work and reputation, you hear me?”

Pruitt says “Yes sir, diddy, I’m sorry.” Then his dad hangs up.

Pruitt turns off his phone and says “Alright, we ready to finish this **** up?” to Kesling like nothing ever happened
You’re so full of crap lol

@Ulysees E. McGill. I see you guys talking about books a lot. Any of you like Asimov stuff?

I was driving to Oak Ridge a few years ago and stopped at a yard sale on a backroad. Old lady had a box with 80-100 Asimov books, kinda like the reader's digest size, called Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine. I bought them for $5. Was just wondering if you all know anything about them, if they're worth anything or worth collecting, etc.
I don't like them, but a lot of folks do.

Exactly. Books start with a badass ancient history scene that sets the tone of what the main storyline will be.

Then you get a couple chapters of building Emonds Field and the personality of the 3 main characters. They are 18 and Egwene is 16 and they are simple naive country kids. Then their world goes crazy and the story takes off.

The TV show should have stuck to that script instead of changing the characters. You can't make these books into shows without investing time into building the environment and making the audience connect with the characters they are supposed to watch the next 8 years. GoT did that well, Wheel of Time hasn't and ruined the characters. Almost none are likeable except maybe Rand so far and just barely.
I am trying to see if it gets any better, I have just accepted the fact that these are not the same people, this is not the same world, and not the same story that I love.

I am trying to imagine if it was like The Witcher, a story that I don't know, and therefore enjoy the show.

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
Anyone who read the books and watch the GOT show, did they butcher the story line of that too? Just curious if it is just Amazon taking a crap on an incredible story or if this is just standard practice.
I did not have the same emotional connection to tGoT that I have with tWoT...I think that is the major difference. I do have that connection to Middle Earth, but Jackson brought that world to life pretty much exactly as I imagined it, and the characters were just as I imagined them. I was hoping that would be what happened with this show too....but nope.

I am trying to see if it gets any better, I have just accepted the fact that these are not the same people, this is not the same world, and not the same story that I love.

I am trying to imagine if it was like The Witcher, a story that I don't know, and therefore enjoy the show.

I have tried the same approach but it's not working. It's just not very well done despite seeing the one power looking cool and I do like how they depict the taint on saidin. I dont think the show will last more than 2-3 seasons....it's not generating enough buzz for a show with a 10 million per episode budget.

The screwed up in giving the middle finger to the book fans. They needed the loyal fans to generate buzz to draw other viewers in. Instead they are getting backlash and deservedly so. My wife likes it a lot though.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I have tried the same approach but it's not working. It's just not very well done despite seeing the one power looking cool and I do like how they depict the taint on saidin. I dont think the show will last more than 2-3 seasons....it's not generating enough buzz for a show with a 10 million per episode budget.

The screwed up in giving the middle finger to the book fans. They needed the loyal fans to generate buzz to draw other viewers in. Instead they are getting backlash and deservedly so. My wife likes it a lot though.
With my new approach...I actually liked ep 4. I've been unmercifully honest in my feelings about the changes, and I will never buy the 🦬💩 reasons they've given, but that episode was actually pretty cool. I am just going to watch it through and see if they turn around scumbag thief Mat and jellyfish Perrin.

I hate the creators for what they did to Mat and his family and Perrin...it was a total betrayal of the true characters. You know as well as I do that Mats "devil may care" attitude is just a facade, he is the most loyal character in the WoT...this 💩 has made him a truly selfish jerk that doesn't care about anybody but himself and his sisters..who in reality don't need him at all because his mom and dad are awesome heroic characters themselves...

I will never understand what they have done...he was the most peoples favorite or at worst second favorite character...🤬🤬🤬 now I'm getting pissed again thinking about it..

These writer/creators are arrogant woke jackasses.

With my new approach...I actually liked ep 4. I've been unmercifully honest in my feelings about the changes, and I will never buy the 🦬💩 reasons they've given, but that episode was actually pretty cool. I am just going to watch it through and see if they turn around scumbag thief Mat and jellyfish Perrin.

I hate the creators for what they did to Mat and his family and Perrin...it was a total betrayal of the true characters. You know as well as I do that Mats "devil may care" attitude is just a facade, he is the most loyal character in the WoT...this 💩 has made him a truly selfish jerk that doesn't care about anybody but himself and his sisters..who in reality don't need him at all because his mom and dad are awesome heroic characters themselves...

I will never understand what they have done...he was the most peoples favorite or at worst second favorite character...🤬🤬🤬 now I'm getting pissed again thinking about it..

Episode 4 was definitely the best so far

100% agreed on everything and episode 4 was pretty cool to watch if you remove how far it strayed from the story. Nynaeve's moment was cool to see(wife loved it).

I even like how they are showing the Shadar Logoth danger's effect on Mat. Hate how shallow they are going with Thom's character though. Made me laugh that they made 2 of Alanna's warders gay or bi. I knew it was coming for them to push that agenda. I didn't have a problem with that in GoT because it was true to Oberyn Martell's character. Just sick of woke agenda ruining society and especially pissed it's ruining the show I've been waiting most of my life for.

Bigger picture is that WoT failing will make it less likely that adaptations of Sanderson's works, Kingkiller series, Robin Hobb's Farseer books and others never get made. That makes me even more upset because there are countless book series that would make for amazing TV and movies

100% agreed on everything and episode 4 was pretty cool to watch if you remove how far it strayed from the story. Nynaeve's moment was cool to see(wife loved it).

I even like how they are showing the Shadar Logoth danger's effect on Mat. Hate how shallow they are going with Thom's character though. Made me laugh that they made 2 of Alanna's warders gay or bi. I knew it was coming for them to push that agenda. I didn't have a problem with that in GoT because it was true to Oberyn Martell's character. Just sick of woke agenda ruining society and especially pissed it's ruining the show I've been waiting most of my life for.

Bigger picture is that WoT failing will make it less likely that adaptations of Sanderson's works, Kingkiller series, Robin Hobb's Farseer books and others never get made. That makes me even more upset because there are countless book series that would make for amazing TV and movies
It could have been so good..😢

Sanderson brought it upon himself since he okayed this wheel of time

Reactions: gainesvol82
There HAS to be an end goal of getting them off of the heroin. The only way this makes sense is to replace fentanyl with heroin to make the transition to suboxone easier. Otherwise, they’re just funding drug habits. How does that help anything? Running out of money is the primary reason I quit. Every other motivating factor was clouded by my drug use at the time. If it weren’t for going broke, I’d be dead. What the **** are they doing?

There HAS to be an end goal of getting them off of the heroin. The only way this makes sense is to replace fentanyl with heroin to make the transition to suboxone easier. Otherwise, they’re just funding drug habits. How does that help anything? Running out of money is the primary reason I quit. Every other motivating factor was clouded by my drug use at the time. If it weren’t for going broke, I’d be dead. What the **** are they doing?
Man, you don't realize how much respect I have for you for getting off that sh!t. I know how difficult it is and unfortunately for many, they never do. I have some friends that I know from church. They're quite bit older than me. They had a daughter that was probably a little younger than me. She was an addict and was never able to get off of them. She had two beautiful children, a daughter the same age as my daughter and a younger son. She herself was beautiful. Her parents finally gave up on her after years of trying to help her. They raised her kids and they've turned out great. She was selling herself for drugs. She passed away this summer. I've not heard from what. So sad.

Man, you don't realize how much respect I have for you for getting off that sh!t. I know how difficult it is and unfortunately for many, they never do. I have some friends that I know from church. They're quite bit older than me. They had a daughter that was probably a little younger than me. She was an addict and was never able to get off of them. She had two beautiful children, a daughter the same age as my daughter and a younger son. She herself was beautiful. Her parents finally gave up on her after years of trying to help her. They raised her kids and they've turned out great. She was selling herself for drugs. She passed away this summer. I've not heard from what. So sad.
Sounds like what happened to my mother in law a few years ago. She had so much in her system that they couldn't tell what she died of

VN Store

Back