Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

d767918586e9bdf1f5b4747218931551.jpg

It seems like I have this discussion every time it comes up. I was raised in Shelby County (not Memphis proper) and chose to raise my family here. There is a zip code in Shelby County that is one of the wealthiest in the state, along with two school districts that are the best in the state. Just like every city- there are good and bad parts.

I’m lucky and privileged to say that I live in that wealthy zip code. Great place to raise a family. As nice as Brentwood at nearly half the cost. I’d put Collierville and Germantown schools as the best in the state as well.

Reactions: VolGee4
Parts of Memphis are ok........I'd still like to sell it to Mississippi.
I have no issues with Memphis. I’ve visited a few times and always enjoyed it. There’s a lot of great things about Nashville, but if I had it my way I’d be living out in Denver. The wife won’t move that far away from her family who live in SC though so I’m stuck here. Just bought a new construction in Brentwood though where the wife and I are planning on planting roots for a while. Unfortunately we just didn’t love any of the other bigger cities in the south that we’ve visited so Nashville is where we stayed.

Reactions: peaygolf
I have no issues with Memphis. I’ve visited a few times and always enjoyed it. There’s a lot of great things about Nashville, but if I had it my way I’d be living out in Denver. The wife won’t move that far away from her family who live in SC though so I’m stuck here. Just bought a new construction in Brentwood though where the wife and I are planning on planting roots for a while. Unfortunately we just didn’t love any of the other bigger cities in the south that we’ve visited so Nashville is where we stayed.
I'm in downtown Franklin. I love the Brentwood/Franklin area.

I kid about Memphis. Some areas are great! I grew up in Jackson, so it's fun to hack of Memphis.;)

Young Dolph is practically known as Dolph by all his supporters/listeners.
Dolph and Gotti have had beef for YEARS and one of Gotti’s guys that’s signed to his label, named Blacc Youngsta, was the one that he and his crew put 100 bullet holes in Dolph’s suv back in the day. Dolph was also shot in Cali by Gotti’s crew. So yes, that crew is suspected again but Soulja Boy and Dolph have also had beef recently that was out of control. Now, I’d bet Dolph’s boys will certainly retaliate (speculation they have already shot up Blacc Youngsta’s grandma house after Dolph died). There will be a war in Memphis for the foreseeable future I would imagine
💯 this

I'm in downtown Franklin. I love the Brentwood/Franklin area.

I kid about Memphis. Some areas are great! I grew up in Jackson, so it's fun to hack of Memphis.;)

Love the Franklin area, we looked there as well. Minus the tourists flooding downtown it’s such a nice area. In the end, the quality of the house we wanted in Franklin/Brentwood was always right around our max budget and those houses were always going way over asking price which would take it out of our budget. We ended up finding a new construction just south of Nippers Corner that including the upgrades we chose was right around what we wanted to spend monthly on the mortgage. So that worked out.

Reactions: peaygolf
Love the Franklin area, we looked there as well. Minus the tourists flooding downtown it’s such a nice area. In the end, the quality of the house we wanted in Franklin/Brentwood was always right around our max budget and those houses were always going way over asking price which would take it out of our budget. We ended up finding a new construction just south of Nippers Corner that including the upgrades we chose was right around what we wanted to spend monthly on the mortgage. So that worked out.
Nippers Corner is a nice area. Really improved in the last few years and only gonna get better. Good call.

People are buying 40 yr old 1,200 sq foot ranch homes just down the street from us for 600k-700k.......tearing them down and putting up $1.5 million homes. It’s freaking ridiculous.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
@Ulysees E. McGill
Lol, I got permanently banned from the WoT chat on the website Dragonmount for calling out the mods for deleting my comments about Judkins PC pandering being blasphemy. Their response was that they selectively choose posts to block that are too critical.

I might have also accused them of acting like Twitter and censoring anyone who doesn't agree with with promoting far left values. That's when they dropped the ban hammer where I not only can't post but also can't view any threads. Hypocritical f***s.

@Ulysees E. McGill
Lol, I got permanently banned from the WoT chat on the website Dragonmount for calling out the mods for deleting my comments about Judkins PC pandering being blasphemy. Their response was that they selectively choose posts to block that are too critical.

I might have also accused them of acting like Twitter and censoring anyone who doesn't agree with with promoting far left values. That's when they dropped the ban hammer where I not only can't post but also can't view any threads. Hypocritical f***s.
That my friend is the way of this world now...and you understand even better why I say I hate the world we live in all the time.

@Ulysees E. McGill

I watched a YouTube video that explained the differences between the books and show. So, as I've still not read the book series (I will), I have a better understanding why so many ppl are upset at the series.

That my friend is the way of this world now...and you understand even better why I say I hate the world we live in all the time.

All to so-called fans on there praising the changes Judkins made to the story was making me sick. Such a brave guy for removing the "whitewashing" of Jordan's world.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I watched a YouTube video that explained the differences between the books and show. So, as I've still not read the book series (I will), I have a better understanding why so many ppl are upset at the series.

Books are always better but in this case it's ridiculous how bad the show is compared to the books. Even if I never read the books I think I would have thought the show was mediocre. I doubt it makes it past a couple of seasons.

@Ulysees E. McGill

I'll try to start the show tonight. They just made it to the tavern in the books so I'm sure I'll be able to wonder about changes already.

I'll try to start the show tonight. They just made it to the tavern in the books so I'm sure I'll be able to wonder about changes already.
Definitely some changes, but overall story and characters' personalities seem pretty well matched to me. My threshold of 75% match and no major plot changes is being met so far.

@Ulysees E. McGill

Never posted on the forums over there, but WoT is my favorite book series of all time. Have you seen the show yet? I was looking forward to it but I have mixed feelings about it. Some of the changes are just a bit too jarring.

Edit: I just saw your response to someone else. I don’t mind most of the changes, just mainly the one involving who the DR might be, and that Moraine just casually mentions four ta’veren.

Last edited:
Reactions: gainesvol82
Never posted on the forums over there, but WoT is my favorite book series of all time. Have you seen the show yet? I was looking forward to it but I have mixed feelings about it. Some of the changes are just a bit too jarring.

Edit: I just saw your response to someone else. I don’t mind most of the changes, just mainly the one involving who the DR might be, and that Moraine just casually mentions four ta’veren.

I get angry watching it. Too many changes. I understand some things had to be cut but changing personality of main characters that are wonderfully complex and lovable is a non starter for me.

So zero chance I'm reading the WOT books. I've seen a few negative reviews for the Amazon show. If I don't know the story, is it a watch for me? Or should I not watch because it's trash overall. Please save my time.

VN Store

Back