Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

I was watching from home on TV, it looked like it was coming from several sections, even still… if most of it was the student section, typically most people start college at age 18/19, so still, time to start acting like an adult not a child.

I'm not justifying it. Simply pointing out that it wasn't the average fan, and this characterization of Vol fans as a whole is wrong. I'm not sure that serving alcohol in the stadium has served us well either. I've seen a lot more confrontational behavior this year, and the ones I've seen are always drinking. Strong emotions and the removal of inhibitions is a poor combination.

LoL I understand it has happened before. Those places are not the UT fan base. While I certainly don't condone it anywhere UT hits home for me. I expect the best fan base in the Nation not to look and act like Neanderthals on TV. Chant, Yell, scream whatever you like. No need to throw things
Yes they are, they're people and people do stupid sh!t.. Stop acting the UT fanbase is somehow morally superior to all other college fanbases.. 🙄

I'm not justifying it. Simply pointing out that it wasn't the average fan, and this characterization of Vol fans as a whole is wrong. I'm not sure that serving alcohol in the stadium has served us well either. I've seen a lot more confrontational behavior this year, and the ones I've seen are always drinking. Strong emotions and the removal of inhibitions is a poor combination.

I agree with you whole-heartedly. I think what was demonstrated last night is a very small percentage of Vols fans (again, I hesitate to even call the morons participating in the despicable tastelessness Vols fans if they can throw their trash on our home field); I do think the majority of Vols fans are very respectful & responsible individuals. But unfortunately, the actions of the few are portrayed to be that of the whole to everyone outside the program. I said when they decided to start making alcohol available at games that it was a huge mistake & I’m someone who will drink some (responsibly). I don’t need alcohol to have a good time though, I can go to a game to enjoy the game and not need a sip of alcohol to enjoy it. It’s sad many think they can’t.

Reactions: SSVol
17 year old me would’ve thought last night was the coolest thing ever. There is zero chance this hurts us in recruiting, hell it probably helps us. Fans being rowdy and caring too much are the kind of things that make kids wants to play for a school. No one wants to go to UNCONN where everyone is well behaved and the fans aren’t rowdy as hell.

That’s it folks. Shut it down, disband the program, nothing to see here. I’m sure we’ll never recover from this horrific ordeal smh

If we lose even 1 recruit because of this it hurts our program. We can’t afford any negatives right now. I hope those fans appreciate “cutting off their nose to spite their face”

I saw some fans being removed with cuffs and they were both adults and college-age people being led away. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter how old they were. They embarrassed the University, students, fans, coaches and players. Actions like this can not be tolerated at any level. Actions like those demonstrated last night is a sign of the lack of discipline we are seeing in our Country and the World. My fear is these kind of actions will increase and similar actions will increase and become the norm. Some posters on this board also seem to be more supportive violence rather than holding people accountable for their actions. The trend is going the way of disaster.

If I had to guess I would say there is no chance we land Nolen now. After what he seen some of our fans do? I mean my God. Kiffin has been gone since 2009 and we have idiot fans that still can’t let it go. Last night I was ashamed to be called a Vol fan. Not because of the team, but because of a portion of our fan base. Classes and pathetic.
People weren’t throwing stuff because of Kiffin. The ones who can’t let it go are the ones who have Kiffin on the mind enough to think he was the motivating factor behind it. The frustration stemmed solely from the most notoriously incompetent officiating crew in the SEC continually taking dumps on the field last night. This crew has been suspended or reprimanded multiple times over the last 15 years. At what point does the SEC finally say you’re unemployed for failure to fulfill your duties?

I cant believe people are being so soft about this!

I mean my god they are more bent out of shape about this than they are about losing!

That crap happens in bball all the time and fans don't react this appalled

It happens in the NFL too. I remember the game where the Patriot fans were throwing ice balls and the opposing players and refs.

Reactions: Okboomer
17 year old me would’ve thought last night was the coolest thing ever. There is zero chance this hurts us in recruiting, hell it probably helps us. Fans being rowdy and caring too much are the kind of things that make kids wants to play for a school. No one wants to go to UNCONN where everyone is well behaved and the fans aren’t rowdy as hell.
I have to admit, 60 y/o me hated to see it happen, 17 y/o me would've loved it. I don't think that I would've thrown stuff but I would've definitely been enjoying the hell out of it..

Lord, what has happened to me... 😎

I have to admit, 60 y/o me hated to see it happen, 17 y/o me would've loved it. I don't think that I would've thrown stuff but I would've definitely been enjoying the hell out of it..

Lord, what has happened to me... 😎
36 yr old me still has no problem with it a day after coming off the high and frustration. During the review, I leaned over to my brother and sister, who attended with me last night, and said if the spot is upheld we will trash the field. It was one of those moments you just felt 4 hours worth of buildup coming to a boil.

36 yr old me still has no problem with it a day after coming off the high and frustration. During the review, I leaned over to my brother and sister, who attended with me last night, and said if the spot is upheld we will trash the field. It was one of those moments you just felt 4 hours worth of buildup coming to a boil.
Golfballs and bottles of mustard is a wee bit over the line, don't ya think?

Reactions: InVOLuntary
If I had to guess I would say there is no chance we land Nolen now. After what he seen some of our fans do? I mean my God. Kiffin has been gone since 2009 and we have idiot fans that still can’t let it go. Last night I was ashamed to be called a Vol fan. Not because of the team, but because of a portion of our fan base. Classes and pathetic.
And the award for the biggest overreaction of all time goes to....

VN Store

Back