Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

Lot of public libraries have online books as well. Sadly I think the days of the library are numbered.
😳 Actually, online (especially audio) has been going up for years. Some still prefer a book, and libraries can borrow from other libraries so it's one big collection. The trend is toward more communities with programs, etc.

😳 Actually, online (especially audio) has been going up for years. Some still prefer a book, and libraries can borrow from other libraries so it's one big collection. The trend is toward more communities with programs, etc.
I don't read much. Never have really. I think it's my overactive imagination. While I read my mind goes off on tangents to the point I don't recall what I've just read. My wife reads constantly. Has a nook. Still has the need for a book to hold from time to time.

This makes me so incredibly sad even though I completely understand! Fortunately we don't have a homeless problem. It is more of 20 year olds that don't work, live with mama and come, in to stay on the computer all day. Some patrons avoid them as much as possible.
Doc is right that stops and starts at home. Pinky promise, love my kids. But God invented rubber hoses.

My bad… I was speaking more on just making sure to have money saved back for when things happen with your house that you have to repair, especially the more expensive things.

I planned to save up a fund over the next couple of months...wasn't expecting major expense 2 weeks aver putting so much money into closing/down payment. F***!!!!

This makes me so incredibly sad even though I completely understand! Fortunately we don't have a homeless problem. It is more of 20 year olds that don't work, live with mama, and come in to stay on the computer all day. Some patrons avoid them as much as possible.

It is very sad. When my kids were little, we would spend hours in the libraries in Indiana where we lived. They had incredible libraries in our area and we would just go in and the girls would grab some books. They would sit in the reading areas and just get lost in stories. The library in Murfreesboro is not even in the same league with the libraries we had in IN. Now with the homeless using it as a hangout just puts the nail in the coffin for us.

It is very sad. When my kids were little, we would spend hours in the libraries in Indiana where we lived. They had incredible libraries in our area and we would just go in and the girls would grab some books. They would sit in the reading areas and just get lost in stories. The library in Murfreesboro is not even in the same league with the libraries we had in IN. Now with the homeless using it as a hangout just puts the nail in the coffin for us.
surprising everything in Murf seems new.

I guy approached me at a restaurant a couple of years ago. Said he was hungry. I gave him a twenty. He walked across the street to a gas station and purchase cigarettes and came right back over begging others for money. I wish I'd offered to buy him a meal. It's hard to distinguish the scammers from the ones that really need it.
A few years back there was a guy that held a sign at West Towne Mall that said he needed food. I saw him there one day and he had about 12 bags of fast food on the ground where people had gone and bought him food.When he left for the day he left the food there. I personally witnessed him saying he was buying alcohol with the money people gave him.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
A few years back there was a guy that held a sign at West Towne Mall that said he needed food. I saw him there one day and he had about 12 bags of fast food on the ground where people had gone and bought him food.When he left for the day he left the food there. I personally witnessed him saying he was buying alcohol with the money people gave him.

People that truly want help will tend to reach out to churches and organizations like that. Most people begging on the corner either just want lonely for drugs or alcohol or they just don't want to work. I am sure there are exceptions, but everyone knows that most churches will do what they can to help you if you ask.

Reactions: Brillovol
is there not a warranty? (didnt read org post).

No, it came with the house and is about 10 years old. I love the separate fridge and freezer....having commercial grade appliances is awesome and I finally have enough room for all the groceries I buy. Sears tech comes on Thursday. I'm just hoping the diagnostic, part and labor isn't more than $500. If so, I'll just buy a freezer less fridge that matches as closely as possible.

No, it came with the house and is about 10 years old. I love the separate fridge and freezer....having commercial grade appliances is awesome and I finally have enough room for all the groceries I buy. Sears tech comes on Thursday. I'm just hoping the diagnostic, part and labor isn't more than $500. If so, I'll just buy a freezer less fridge that matches as closely as possible.
Having commercial grade is prolly why so exp.

Sears is legit on cust service.

Buy from an appliance dealer or Best Buy. The stuff at Lowes/THD is trash. Whirpool owns almost every product line minus Bosch and Samsung. They specifically machine parts to have to be **** bed every 6-8 yrs, that part is then no longer available. Planned Obsolescence.

Having commercial grade is prolly why so exp.

Sears is legit on cust service.

Buy from an appliance dealer or Best Buy. The stuff at Lowes/THD is trash. Whirpool owns almost every product line minus Bosch and Samsung. They specifically machine parts to have to be **** bed every 6-8 yrs, that part is then no longer available. Planned Obsolescence.

Probably right on commercial expense...just hoping it's a thermostat issue. That should only run about $250-$300 with labor to replace and $179 if I do it myself. $130 just to diagnose irritates me, though.

I almost made the mistake of buying a Samsung washer/dryer combo from Home Depot. Appliance guy talked me into a Maytag for same price with his stories about returns and Samsung's horrible customer service and repair response.

Probably right on commercial expense...just hoping it's a thermostat issue. That should only run about $250-$300 with labor to replace and $179 if I do it myself. $130 just to diagnose irritates me, though.

I almost made the mistake of buying a Samsung washer/dryer combo from Home Depot. Appliance guy talked me into a Maytag for same price with his stories about returns and Samsung's horrible customer service and repair response.
@burntorangeVOLffle

What brand washer dryer can you reccomend? I hear Samsung is a good brand.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

Google and YouTube is your friend dealing with appliances. Hopefully you can find something on there to help you trouble shoot it. All appliances this day and time is junk, about 5-6 years if your lucky. Or that’s been my experience with them. They don’t make anything to last these days.

Reactions: Brillovol
Google and YouTube is your friend dealing with appliances. Hopefully you can find something on there to help you trouble shoot it. All appliances this day and time is junk, about 5-6 years if your lucky. Or that’s been my experience with them. They don’t make anything to last these days.

I looked it up and it doesn't seem too difficult if the thermostat is the issue. Might do it but will depend on Sears quote.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

VN Store

Back