Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

Martin does have Cadillac’s and the Slide and Ride
Cadillac's is still there?! That place has been around a looooong time. My mom went to UT Martin in late 80s, early 90s, and that place was open then.

Gonna have to settle for huddle house.
Now that we can do. I don't really wanna fight him though, unless he picks anyone other than the Vols, then it's on.
Martin does have Cadillac’s and the Slide and Ride
Cadillacs is my old stomping grounds. I spent lots of hours and lots of money in that place when I was in college. When Rick was still alive and running it, he used to cash my pay checks every Friday night when I got off work from MTD. I'd blow it all over the weekend and scrape by until the next Friday. Fun times.

Last edited:
Cadillac's is still there?! That place has been around a looooong time. My mom went to UT Martin in late 80s, early 90s, and that place was open then.
I was at Murray State at the same time and my fraternity (Sigma Pi) would have a pledge walkout each semester with UTM's pledges. Since Murray was dry at the time and I'm originally from Paris, I would find a way to tag along. Of course, the first place we would go would be Cadillac's, and I generally would see someone I knew from home. There was another place on the outskirts of town that used to be a Wal-Mart or K Mart that was turned into a nightclub. It had a couple of names, the only one I can remember was Cheers.

Reactions: SugarCC
Now that we can do. I don't really wanna fight him though, unless he picks anyone other than the Vols, then it's on.

Cadillacs is my old stomping grounds. I spent lots of hours and lots of money in that place when I was in college. When Rick was still alive and running it, he used to cash my pay checks every Friday night when I got off work from MTD. I'd blow it all over the weekend and scrape by until the next Friday. Fun times.
Rick was the man!

Wish Tennessee would legalize it. The government did a study during WWII to find the best place in the Continental 48 to grow hemp (war effort) and guess who won........

Jefferson County Tennessee... hahahaha

Yeah, they need to legalize ASAPPPPPPPPP.

Reactions: T Dog
I'd like to read that study since I was born there if you know where to find it

Man, I couldn't tell you. All I remember is reading it when I was in high school.. When you look it up now they basically tell you the best "legal" states.. I did find this snippet though. In this, California (legal) was listed #1...

"The actual best place to grow marijuana in America is probably in a bunch of illegal states. Kentucky and Tennessee are believed to have the most marijuana grown outdoors in the United States behind only California. Obviously all of that is illegal. But you can’t blame people for doing so. These states have all the advantages of the Midwest, such as good soil, not too warm, access to freshwater, without any of the disadvantages, like the cold winters or the huge amounts of summer rainfall. Unfortunately it is illegal to grow it, but these places will be hotspots for cannabis cultivation once they finally come to their senses."

7 best states to grow marijuana..

Man, I couldn't tell you. All I remember is reading it when I was in high school.. When you look it up now they basically tell you the best "legal" states.. I did find this snippet though. In this, California (legal) was listed #1...

"The actual best place to grow marijuana in America is probably in a bunch of illegal states. Kentucky and Tennessee are believed to have the most marijuana grown outdoors in the United States behind only California. Obviously all of that is illegal. But you can’t blame people for doing so. These states have all the advantages of the Midwest, such as good soil, not too warm, access to freshwater, without any of the disadvantages, like the cold winters or the huge amounts of summer rainfall. Unfortunately it is illegal to grow it, but these places will be hotspots for cannabis cultivation once they finally come to their senses."

7 best states to grow marijuana..
couple potential issues.

1- infrastructure, will take decades to bring up to speed.
2- market inundation. as soon as market opened, California black market boomed while legal pot sluffed off. leading many to continue illegal sale to mexico. i believe this was Cartel driven.
3- who will work in an Agriconomy? not to be political but, migrant workers account for some 10% of American Economy. If we have no one to work, no revenue.

You cant rely on college kids to do this.

VN Store

Back