Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

According to the article below, the average person emits 2 tons of carbon dioxide per year just by eating and breathing, so for China that's something like 4 billion tons/ year. How are you going to stop people from eating and breathing? 10.4 billion tons per year for China from all sources.

For comparison, the US is 5 billion tons per year from all sources, including vehicles and power plants.

Every person emits two tons of carbon dioxide a year through eating, Spanish study finds
Maybe Thanos was on to something?!? 🤔

Reactions: VolunteerVandiver
I think the reason why climate change is so frustrating is that so many parts of it are solvable and instead of focusing on fixing what is practical and then working from there we've got two groups of ideologues who want to bicker with each other.

Appreciate this post. I'd point out that when things took off around 1950 was when China and India specifically started to industrialize their massively populated nations. I'm in the camp that it's a real thing, and that like others have said the long term effects are much more speculative and don't tend to account for advances in technology over time. I tend to think we'll innovate our way out of this problem long term, it's already happening with hydraulic fracturing increasing the production of cleaner burning LNG over oil, and nuclear power-generated electricity seems like the best hope for the future. Maybe we'll even have some sort of breakthrough on making solar and wind more efficient and productive to where they can provide something more than a tiny fraction of global power needs. We'll figure it out.

I also think that one's opinion of the greatest era in wrestling depends a lot on what was on your TV when you were between the ages of about 8 and 15.
Seen this in Sunday. The new method of cooling Nuclear power plants will insure that it will not be another Chernobyl. A good watch.

Interesting article, but devils in the details:

"Calculations included agricultural and animal production, industrial food processing, sale and distribution, preparation and cooking at home, solid waste treatment (food remains and packaging), as well as human excretion."

This number includes everything from livestock feed to what ends up in your toilet, with technologies that exist today this number can be a fraction of this. Nobody has to stop eating and breathing lol
Well, you have to produce the food somehow and get rid of the waste, so what's your point?

CO2 is part of the carbon cycle. Some carbon is stored in the air, some in the water, some in the ground, and some in life or the biosphere.

This is a two-part problem. One, deforestation. Chopping down trees at an unsustainable rate is problematic because plants capture CO2 from the air and water and store it as sugar via photosynthesis. Two, the trillions of tons of carbon stored in fossil fuels has been part of the geosphere for hundreds of millions of years. We are pulling it out of the Earth, then releasing the majority of it as CO2 through combustion.

There is a set amount of carbon on Earth; however, we are upsetting the balance by releasing too much into the atmosphere and oceans. CO2 is a greenhouse gas (poorly named imo), so the more of it in the atmos- and hydrosohere, the more sunlight is re-reflected to Earth's surface (and higher likelihood of being absorbed and transformed into thermal energy). Should be called the pinball effect, as the mechanism is nothing like a greenhouse. Lastly, the melting ice is exposing more dark surface of the Earth... so less sunlight is reflected and even more is absorbed, heating up the Earth's surface even more so.

CO2 concentration and global temperatures fluctuate naturally, but Earth has never had CO2 concentrations of this magnitude.
I've never understood the concept of green house gasses. I can believe that some of the earth's energy from the sun is reflected back instead of escaping the atmosphere but would that also mean less of the sun's energy is reaching the earth from it being reflected back out into space?

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
My understanding is that there are breeder reactors now that could theoretically stretch existing materials far enough to last billions of years.
Psshhtt, that’s old news. It’s called the Mr. Fusion home energy reactor (see Back to the Future for reference).

1613509006190.jpeg

Last edited:
We do have an affect on our weather and our climate. I just gave you several examples above. Another prime example is the ozone hole in the southern hemisphere. The world was using products that contained chrolorflorocarbons which were destroying the ozone layer over the south pole. The CFCs were banned and the ozone hole steadily improved over the south pole.
I kinda wish that ice would melt so we can see what civilization lived there before the ice.

Reactions: preacherwebb
This doesn't make sense, as there are trillions of dollars in denying climate change but almost none in advocating for it, follow the money. You're repeating fossil fuel talking points that have been spoon fed to you, they want it to be a political thing.

Getting back on the subject

Specifically this quote "Al Gore was also able to leverage his high visibility, his movie awards, his Nobel Prize, and his involvement in various carbon trading and other schemes into a personal fortune. When he ended his tenure as Vice President in 2001, his net worth was $2 million. By 2013, it exceeded $300 million. "

I want your kids and grand-kids to drink clean water and breathe clean air, where can I profit from that?

LMAO!!!

That will never happen as long as the blame is not put in the correct place.

Chinese_morons.png

The world would be a much better place if all the uneducated virtue signaling NPC's (Non-Player Characters) would start thinking for themselves and go after the root cause.

Gas prices going up ... potential to go thru the roof ... money can be what allows or deters folks from travelling ... pretty sure that's what he was getting at.
I don't see what's funny about it.
It's funny because of how wrong it is, gas prices are roughly the same now as they were 16 years ago. Ironically it's the fast rise of renewable energy that is driving down oil/gas :

Gas prices by year in the United States 1990-2019 | Statista

If we are going to continue to talk about global warming and climate change ... here's two more things to consider:

1) Could global warming be caused as Hell, in the heart of the earth, is enlarging to receive more and more souls?
Isa 14:9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee ...

2) From the creation, this earth was not supposed to last for billions of years.
2 Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Just a couple of things to consider while you guys banter away.

Getting back on the subject

Specifically this quote "Al Gore was also able to leverage his high visibility, his movie awards, his Nobel Prize, and his involvement in various carbon trading and other schemes into a personal fortune. When he ended his tenure as Vice President in 2001, his net worth was $2 million. By 2013, it exceeded $300 million. "

LMAO!!!

That will never happen as long as the blame is not put in the correct place.

View attachment 352058

The world would be a much better place if all the uneducated virtue signaling NPC's (Non-Player Characters) would start thinking for themselves and go after the root cause.
Have you per chance looked at the net worth of any other past presidents or in Gores case runner ups? Everyone's net worth skyrockets after the publicity is monetized. Hell Nacy Pelosis net worth is 120 million..

Strong irony here with the NPC stuff, as you're just repeating a talking point fed to you while I'v done research to decide for myself.

Admittedly I am not up on the current research but nuclear is not a renewable resource correct? There's only so much radioactive material to use unless I'm mistaken.
I don't understand why you asked me this. I said renewables will always be unreliable and underperforming. I did not say Nuclear was renewable.

The new reactor designs are extremely efficient.

VN Store

Back