Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

The new reactor designs are amazing, I read a article in NatGeo a few years ago about them and the massive differences in the new designs and the old ones.

Nuclear is the answer going forward, but it has to be done right, and the anti-nuclear freaks are going to have to stand down. Fossil fuels will run out, and renewables will always be too unreliable and underperforming to count on.
I agree.. Either nuclear or the Cabal is going to have to come off with some of the alien tech they've been hiding....... 😎

Can you vote in china? Because it doesn't really matter what we do here, as long as they are spewing into the air what they and other countries in that area are. Not saying we shouldn't be prudent, but the radical agenda is nonsense. We have made massive, necessary improvements over the last 50 or so years.
At this rate China will be clean before we are, they've become #1 in the world for wind and solar production. Our industry revolution lasted around 100 years, their's has been more like 20. They're just now getting to the consequences of such.

We cant vote but what we can do is lead by example, something the good ole USA use to be well known for.

Reactions: T Dog and 74volz
We do have an affect on our weather and our climate. I just gave you several examples above. Another prime example is the ozone hole in the southern hemisphere. The world was using products that contained chrolorflorocarbons which were destroying the ozone layer over the south pole. The CFCs were banned and the ozone hole steadily improved over the south pole.

Steve Martin once said that we have to protect the ozone layer. Because, if we don't protect the ozone layer, all the farts will fall back to earth. And not under original owners.

I think the moron Al Gore is on the Mount Rushmore for climate change fear mongering for profit.
This doesn't make sense, as there are trillions of dollars in denying climate change but almost none in advocating for it, follow the money. You're repeating fossil fuel talking points that have been spoon fed to you, they want it to be a political thing.

I want your kids and grand-kids to drink clean water and breathe clean air, where can I profit from that?

This doesn't make sense, as there are trillions of dollars in denying climate change but almost none in advocating for it, follow the money. You're repeating fossil fuel talking points that have been spoon fed to you, they want it to be a political thing.

I want your kids and grand-kids to drink clean water and breathe clean air, where can I profit from that?
I want to be able to go where I want to go.

The new reactor designs are amazing, I read a article in NatGeo a few years ago about them and the massive differences in the new designs and the old ones.

Nuclear is the answer going forward, but it has to be done right, and the anti-nuclear freaks are going to have to stand down. Fossil fuels will run out, and renewables will always be too unreliable and underperforming to count on.
Admittedly I am not up on the current research but nuclear is not a renewable resource correct? There's only so much radioactive material to use unless I'm mistaken.

At this rate China will be clean before we are, they've become #1 in the world for wind and solar production. Our industry revolution lasted around 100 years, their's has been more like 20. They're just now getting to the consequences of such.

We cant vote but what we can do is lead by example, something the good ole USA use to be well known for.

According to the article below, the average person emits 2 tons of carbon dioxide per year just by eating and breathing, so for China that's something like 4 billion tons/ year. How are you going to stop people from eating and breathing? 10.4 billion tons per year for China from all sources.

For comparison, the US is 5 billion tons per year from all sources, including vehicles and power plants.

Every person emits two tons of carbon dioxide a year through eating, Spanish study finds

Admittedly I am not up on the current research but nuclear is not a renewable resource correct? There's only so much radioactive material to use unless I'm mistaken.
Nuclear energy is not renewable, at least not until we figure out nuclear fusion... KSTAR maintained a temperature significantly hotter than the Sun for 20 seconds or so in a fusion reactor IIRC. Amazing stuff

According to the article below, the average person emits 2 tons of carbon dioxide per year just by eating and breathing, so for China that's something like 4 billion tons/ year. How are you going to stop people from eating and breathing?

For comparison, the US is 5 billion tons per year from all sources, including vehicles and power plants.

Every person emits two tons of carbon dioxide a year through eating, Spanish study finds
In my household, with the 5 of us...we emit a lot of methane. True story. I know we're killin' it.

I refuse to make a serious post on this topic, and will not until you all cease and desist. Its like a reverse pout.

My understanding is that there are breeder reactors now that could theoretically stretch existing materials far enough to last billions of years.

According to the article below, the average person emits 2 tons of carbon dioxide per year just by eating and breathing, so for China that's something like 4 billion tons/ year. How are you going to stop people from eating and breathing?

Interesting article, but devils in the details:

"Calculations included agricultural and animal production, industrial food processing, sale and distribution, preparation and cooking at home, solid waste treatment (food remains and packaging), as well as human excretion."

This number includes everything from livestock feed to what ends up in your toilet, with technologies that exist today this number can be a fraction of this. Nobody has to stop eating and breathing lol

Reactions: T Dog and 74volz

VN Store

Back