Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

"The Legend"
FlPQFBZWYAEP6JV

Last edited:
This is something that I wrote for my church newsletter back in late 2018. I welcome any and all feedback. I hope everyone has had a joyful holiday season and wish much peace and love to everyone for 2023!
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. (John 10:10).

I have been blessed to travel to many parts of our beautiful world. Life is a struggle in many of these places. There is disaster and tragedy. It hurts your heart to see people suffer just to survive. Suffering is not all you see. You see joy and hope. You see it in the eyes of the girls as they walk to school in war-torn Afghanistan because it is THEIR school and they have a safe place to learn. You see it in the elderly couple who fled Croatia during the civil war and have returned to find their orchard is repairable and that the army is going to help them restore it. You feel it when the old woman cups your chin and tells you that you are a man with a soul because you have traveled so far from your family to help them. Yes, life is painful. Life is also so very, very beautiful. God grants us these gifts through our capacity to feel joy and love. God has infused our hearts with a capacity that is astounding. He has led us to give of ourselves so that we may share our joy and hope with people who so desperately need to find something to feel good about in their lives. God made a beautiful world and it is an incomprehensible gift. He also made us to live a full and abundant life. We all know that we need not material things to be fulfilled. It is the love we see in our children’s eyes. It is the hope you see on a stranger’s face when you help him when he thought all hope was lost. It is the chills you get when you feel the appreciation of helping those who need it but are too proud to ask. I choose joy. I wish more people were able to do the same. It is there. You can bring it to yourself if it is missing. Many of us are blessed because we live where we do. It is the holiday season and it is the time for the greatest joy as we are reminded of God’s greatest gift to us – Jesus. Jesus knows we hurt and suffer and he made the ultimate sacrifice for us. It brings Him joy when we lift up those around us who are hurting and who need something to let them know that they can still live a full life. He is joyful when we bring joy to others and feel that joy because we know we are doing what He wants us to do and we know that we are giving of ourselves. Life is hard and precious and wonderful. It is beautiful and full and you will find it will be all of that and so much more when you see the joy of others who have been given a hand up in a time of need. Blessings to all.

This is something that I wrote for my church newsletter back in late 2018. I welcome any and all feedback. I hope everyone has had a joyful holiday season and wish much peace and love to everyone for 2023!
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. (John 10:10).

I have been blessed to travel to many parts of our beautiful world. Life is a struggle in many of these places. There is disaster and tragedy. It hurts your heart to see people suffer just to survive. Suffering is not all you see. You see joy and hope. You see it in the eyes of the girls as they walk to school in war-torn Afghanistan because it is THEIR school and they have a safe place to learn. You see it in the elderly couple who fled Croatia during the civil war and have returned to find their orchard is repairable and that the army is going to help them restore it. You feel it when the old woman cups your chin and tells you that you are a man with a soul because you have traveled so far from your family to help them. Yes, life is painful. Life is also so very, very beautiful. God grants us these gifts through our capacity to feel joy and love. God has infused our hearts with a capacity that is astounding. He has led us to give of ourselves so that we may share our joy and hope with people who so desperately need to find something to feel good about in their lives. God made a beautiful world and it is an incomprehensible gift. He also made us to live a full and abundant life. We all know that we need not material things to be fulfilled. It is the love we see in our children’s eyes. It is the hope you see on a stranger’s face when you help him when he thought all hope was lost. It is the chills you get when you feel the appreciation of helping those who need it but are too proud to ask. I choose joy. I wish more people were able to do the same. It is there. You can bring it to yourself if it is missing. Many of us are blessed because we live where we do. It is the holiday season and it is the time for the greatest joy as we are reminded of God’s greatest gift to us – Jesus. Jesus knows we hurt and suffer and he made the ultimate sacrifice for us. It brings Him joy when we lift up those around us who are hurting and who need something to let them know that they can still live a full life. He is joyful when we bring joy to others and feel that joy because we know we are doing what He wants us to do and we know that we are giving of ourselves. Life is hard and precious and wonderful. It is beautiful and full and you will find it will be all of that and so much more when you see the joy of others who have been given a hand up in a time of need. Blessings to all.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

I can not believe people buy their houses. Shabby would be an understatement. Very poor quality construction.

And that's an insult to poor quality construction to compare it to these.

I'm amazed at some of the issues that have to be fixed. It goes beyond shoddy work...some things are just baffling but make more sense at the speed they are expected to go.

I'll say this though...the way they extract more money from each buyer upselling them is almost clinical, if not evil.

Saw some movie talk floating around the Football forum so I came to post here instead. Looking for recommendations for movies that have come out the last 5 years (or thereabout) that you enjoyed or thought were very good, for myself and discussion sake. Top of my list to watch right now is the new Top Gun. It's a light hearted new years resolution of mine to watch more movies this year, so looking for recommendations on some recent ones that you thought were good. TIA

Saw some movie talk floating around the Football forum so I came to post here instead. Looking for recommendations for movies that have come out the last 5 years (or thereabout) that you enjoyed or thought were very good, for myself and discussion sake. Top of my list to watch right now is the new Top Gun. It's a light hearted new years resolution of mine to watch more movies this year, so looking for recommendations on some recent ones that you thought were good. TIA
One I just saw that was a few years old was Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri

Really liked it

Everything Everywhere All at Once will blow your mind.

Reactions: RudyVol
This may be helpful to some on here.

I am not a fan of the FDA, another cancer treatment which is just being experimental now in the states is MRI guided ultrasound. My wife has bone on bone in her knees and a treatment which has been used successfully in Europe for around 20 years is called Hyalofast scaffolding but all of these treatments are not approved by the FDA as of yet. I will leave it to you to decide why, my wife will be getting her surgery in Mexico.Please before making a judgement on this video watch it in it's entirety.

VN Store

Back