Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

I pray for the city of Memphis. Very dangerous place to live.
I lived in Memphis for 22 years and loved it. I love to listen to live music and had a great time. Just like most cities of any size and you know where to avoid.

Never once saw anything bad first hand and I’ve always been single so I was out there.

I lived in Memphis for 22 years and loved it. I love to listen to live music and had a great time. Just like most cities of any size and you know where to avoid.

Never once saw anything bad first hand and I’ve always been single so I was out there.
So you're saying you were a man whore?...

Don't hit me, I'm kidding.. 😬

I love the culture and feel of Memphis. There are some who believe Memphis has the potential to be the next it city in a decade. I wish Tennesseans would stop disparaging her and acting like Memphis isn’t a part of our great state. Hell, I’ve seen parts of Chattanooga every bit as bad as the bad parts of Memphis.

A lot of people that talk negatively about cities don’t and haven’t ever lived in one. Not that that’s bad but it doesn’t give you an opinion on anything. My old man is the same way. Other than on the rare occasion he visits me in Charlotte he hasn’t been in a city in more than 20 years. His opinions are shaped entirely by TV talking heads and word of mouth from others that don’t frequent urban areas.

A lot of people that talk negatively about cities don’t and haven’t ever lived in one. Not that that’s bad but it doesn’t give you an opinion on anything. My old man is the same way. Other than on the rare occasion he visits me in Charlotte he hasn’t been in a city in more than 20 years. His opinions are shaped entirely by TV talking heads and word of mouth from others that don’t frequent urban areas.

Exactly. Many just don’t like to leave their comfort zone and homogeneity.

Like a lot of people on here about California

I love the culture and feel of Memphis. There are some who believe Memphis has the potential to be the next it city in a decade. I wish Tennesseans would stop disparaging her and acting like Memphis isn’t a part of our great state. Hell, I’ve seen parts of Chattanooga every bit as bad as the bad parts of Memphis.
I’m with you. Born and raised. I get to travel back for work. I’m not a late nighter so it’s perfect for me. Good music and food. The mighty Mississippi. Love Memphis.

Some people just don’t appreciate the grit of Memphis

Having lived in both urban and rural areas... that is far more true of urban people than rural people. Not saying it isn't true both ways... just that it is more true the other way round.

VN Store

Back