Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

Tech bros have to be the most coddled “workers” of all time.

Twitter tech bros? sure. Lots of stories about how Twitter grew way too fast. Also heard plenty of stories about how their technology is a complete patch job. But tech workers overall? Way off. There’s a reason software engineers have an extremely high burnout rate, and it’s not because of “coddling”. A lot of the companies I’ve applied for have at least been upfront with the fact that 40 hour workweeks are not the norm and there is a rotation of off hours rotation and support.

Twitter tech bros? sure. Lots of stories about how Twitter grew way too fast. Also heard plenty of stories about how their technology is a complete patch job. But tech workers overall? Way off. There’s a reason software engineers have an extremely high burnout rate, and it’s not because of “coddling”. A lot of the companies I’ve applied for have at least been upfront with the fact that 40 hour workweeks are not the norm and there is a rotation of off hours rotation and support.
4 hours a week more “norm”? That’s what one of the burners practically bragged about.

To be fair, most of Twitter's workforce is anything but tech bros. They likely have half a dozen actual tech bros and then a ton of liberal arts drop outs with marketing experience...or I guess I should say had.

Real tech bros DGAF, would rather not interact with anyone at any level ever in their lives.

People like to generalize tech workers from their view of top 1% companies like Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc. The truth is those tech workers aren’t the norm. I work in tech and most of my coworkers in every job I’ve had loved their job and the work they do and they work hard at it. They are far from coddled.

4 hours a week more “norm”? That’s what one of the burners practically bragged about.

I’m not sure what you’re asking here. A Twitter worker bragged about only working 44 hours a week? Is that what you’re saying? I have friends I went to school with that work in tech here in Nashville that would be thrilled if they can get down to 44 hours.

People like to generalize tech workers from their view of top 1% companies like Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc. The truth is those tech workers aren’t the norm. I work in tech and most of my coworkers in every job I’ve had loved their job and the work they do and they work hard at it. They are far from coddled.
I’m only talking about the whiny ass big tech people getting by on doing nothing making bank.

I’m only talking about the whiny ass big tech people getting by on doing nothing making bank.

There are people that get by doing nothing in every single profession. Everyone that just read this message probably imagined someone they used to work with that skated right by doing nothing. Big Tech is no different. Don’t listen to the vocal minority to make your decision on the entirety of the profession though.

I look forward to see what Musk can do with Twitter. I like some of his ideas. I don’t like his ideas to pay for verification and possibly making it a pay to use platform overall.. but I do think his ideas overall will be interesting.

I look forward to see what Musk can do with Twitter. I like some of his ideas. I don’t like his ideas to pay for verification and possibly making it a pay to use platform overall.. but I do think his ideas overall will be interesting.

I think caring about it one way or another is ridiculous. People freaking out about a social media app should be given a lobotomy.

I think caring about it one way or another is ridiculous. People freaking out about a social media app should be given a lobotomy.

I haven’t tweeted in 7 years and scrubbed all old tweets. I don’t use it like a social media app but I still use it to find up to date information on various subjects and I think that’s its most useful impact.

Reactions: KptVFL
I haven’t tweeted in 7 years and scrubbed all old tweets. I don’t use it like a social media app but I still use it to find up to date information on various subjects and I think that’s its most useful impact.

Cool. Now I know how you use it.

So it looks like something bad is happening at the University of Idaho. Four students were stabbed to death (3 females and one male) and they have no suspect or knife. I read somewhere that they believe it was targeted but IDK where they're getting that unless the killer left something behind to indicate that. The case reminded me of the Gainesville Ripper that killed UF students back in 1990. Apparently the last homicide in Moscow, Idaho was about 5 years ago and suddenly they have 4 students stabbed to death. Scary, scary stuff.

So it looks like something bad is happening at the University of Idaho. Four students were stabbed to death (3 females and one male) and they have no suspect or knife. I read somewhere that they believe it was targeted but IDK where they're getting that unless the killer left something behind to indicate that. The case reminded me of the Gainesville Ripper that killed UF students back in 1990. Apparently the last homicide in Moscow, Idaho was about 5 years ago and suddenly they have 4 students stabbed to death. Scary, scary stuff.
I was digging into it a little bit. The going theory is that it was an ex of one of the girls killed.

I was digging into it a little bit. The going theory is that it was an ex of one of the girls killed.

I hope it's that simple but 4 people is a lot of people to stab to death. Usually when it's the ex bf/gf it's gun violence with people who just happened to be present getting shot. Stabbing requires a lot more effort and is just different. I would think the suspect did it while they slept and if that's true - why kill all of them? The FBI is coming in to assist so they're at least exploring the possibility of serial killer or spree killer, imo.

Across multiple scenes?

I hope it's that simple but 4 people is a lot of people to stab to death. Usually when it's the ex bf/gf it's gun violence with people who just happened to be present getting shot. Stabbing requires a lot more effort and is just different. I would think the suspect did it while they slept and if that's true - why kill all of them? The FBI is coming in to assist so they're at least exploring the possibility of serial killer or spree killer, imo.
What’s strange is that there were apparently two other roommates who were home at the time of the stabbings but weren’t harmed.

One of my best friends is a Vandal and lives on a cattle ranch about an hour from Moscow. I'll talk to him about this.

One thing I've learned about the Idaho panhandle is people go missing a lot. Real easy to make someone disappear and blame it on a fall or a bear or something. His sister's best friend went missing 4 years ago and they found her leg something like 300 miles downstream last year. Did DNA on the bones to confirm. She got in a fight with her BF along the river while camping and the BF said she "walked off" so they can't prove it was him.

Across multiple scenes?

No. They were all in their beds at the same house. And apparently there were two others in the house that survived. They are two college aged girls and they won't say whether or not they're suspects but they are saying they've been helpful. I think the PD in this case is a bit out of their element. They can't clear the girls just yet but I doubt they know much.

I don't want to stereotype or anything, but if I was @Enki_Amenra I'd put my money on a female doing that....

Dudes create chaos. That's some silent "I'm making these b*tches pay" revenge behavior.

No. They were all in their beds at the same house. And apparently there were two others in the house that survived. They are two college aged girls and they won't say whether or not they're suspects but they are saying they've been helpful. I think the PD in this case is a bit out of their element. They can't clear the girls just yet but I doubt they know much.
I think the person that did it knew exactly who they were going for and either didn't know there were two other people in the basement (maybe visiting) or wasn't after them.

VN Store

Back