Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do remember Watson finding him at least once hold up in a stupor in an opium den during one of his periods of long absence. He may have intellectually hated them but he also partook.
Remember being shocked as a kid reading about him administering the coke while musing with Watson. Cocaine was his regular gig.

Reactions: Type Orange+
Remember being shocked as a kid reading about him administering the coke while musing with Watson. Cocaine was his regular gig.
I remember being intrigued by the seedy surroundings of the Opium Den as a kid I had never heard of cocaine (I had a sheltered childhood)

Reactions: barrylee
Wow what? I don't think he is, if you do good for you.

My take on this is that we’re all blurring rural and country. There’s a lot of country that is nowhere close to being rural. There’s also some really good rural storytelling that doesn’t fit the standard definition of country.

Sturgill is a rural Elvis Costello.

And the familiarity he and Childers have with Coal country gives them an important, genuine voice about an issue that few are familiar with.

Pushing crazy agendas?
Disney’s only agenda is to make as much money as possible. The “crazy agendas” they push is just them trying to cater to what they believe the masses want to pay money for.

If they thought they could make 1.5 billion by remaking Birth of a Nation, it would be in production right now lol

Heroin was bourgeois in your suburb?
No but heroin had a lot of publicity. We're talkin 60s here. Cocaine was not yet not yet will known in small-town. We were a hundred miles from the nearest TV broadcast tower so that would be kind of hard to call The Burbs

I think the issue i take with it (which isn't much of an issue) is that it makes some weird point to have a "girl power" moment and make it uber obvious. imo this is the opposite of what feminism is trying to achieve. If you want women to be truly equals then they should be fighting side by side with the male characters. Women can look strong without having to have some weird "this is where we show women can be strong too" moment. which is what they did with that scene.

I agree, Cactus Jack.
rock.gif

Why is McDaniel a 3* with that offer list? He'll be a solid 4* by the end of the season.
I’ve seen people say that he has all the tools such as speed and physicality, but needs development as it relates to technique etc. so might not be ready to play early. They think he’s a developmental guy with a high ceiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back