Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Havent been on here much in awhile and forgot how ignorant the FF is sometimes. Made the mistake of questioning why its an honor for JG to be on the Johnny U watchlist when basically every single eligible QB is on this esteemed "Watch list" while not saying a single negative thing about him and only implying todays watch lists are a joke and ive been labeled as a straight up JG basher. Fun times.

Everything is either one extreme or another these days. The human brain has difficulty dealing with nuance. That’s why everything is either FORD or CHEVY, DEMOCRAT or REPUBLICAN, SURVIVORMAN or BEAR GRYLLS.

Everything is either one extreme or another these days. The human brain has difficulty dealing with nuance. That’s why everything is either FORD or CHEVY, DEMOCRAT or REPUBLICAN, SURVIVORMAN or BEAR GRYLLS.
Yep. Boxers or briefs? Then came the boxer/brief. Mass hysteria!

I vote the third party, banana hammocks. Some call me extreme but they have never even considered the benifits of the personal freedom this option provides
Nothing wrong with the road less traveled. Just kinda let us know what road that is so Waze can find an alternate route.

Anybody over age 40 squatting is a pyschopath imo.

Hi bignewt,
I previously agreed with that statement.
I needed to train my legs for 2 Boy Scout High Adventure camps that my son and I did this Summer. The first was a weeklong Canadian canoeing trip. The portages were brutal. I knew that I needed my core and legs stronger. I did a month long squat challenge. Not heavy weight (60 lbs backpack). In the month, I did a total of 3,000 squats. Every other day. Started with 100 on the first day and 300 on the last.
My back and knees felt great. Had no problem with trip 1.

Trip 2 was backpacking in the mountains of New Mexico a little over a month after Canada. I knew that my legs needed more for this trip. That month, my pack weight increased to 70 lbs. my goal was 5,000 squats. At the end, I actually did 7,000. I got a little crazy. Good thing that I did. Our 32 mile trek ended up at 60 miles with my 55 lb. backpack. Another 20 miles without the pack...

In January, I weighed 230 with 30.6% body fat. I did not really start training until May. When I finished the trips, I am now down to 202 with 22.6% body fat. Went from a 38” waist to a 34”...

I am addicted to squats now lol.
I am going up in my weight, but won’t go crazy. The funniest part is that I cannot wear the 34 waist because my thighs and glutes don’t fit. 🤠

My new goal is 15-18% body fat. Don’t care about total weight, but I want to stay over 200.
I am 56 and will turn 57 in October. I hope to reach my next goal by my birthday.

The big uglies are getting bigger and more ugly.

256px-SuccessKid.jpg

And yet, he overcame those "negatives" to be the SEC POY, runner-up in the Heisman, left the program with a ton of passing records, and then became a top 5 pick.

I will always be of the opinion that, had Shuler stayed for his Senior year, he would be our only Heisman winner. Lots of it's and but's, I know, but Shuler rarely gets the credit he deserves from modern-day fans. He was our Peyton before Peyton.

He's in my top 5 but doesn't get the credit he deserves? I didn't even rank them 1 to 5, just gave my top 5. You took from that what you wanted to take from that...I mean "2nd in Heisman" in one of the most lopsided margins of victory in the history of the award. Charlie Ward had 1622 MORE points than Shuler that season, it wasn't even a race...still the 3rd highest margin of victory for a Heisman voting.

The fact you're mostly using the "if he had returned" argument says everything about his career here, TOO SHORT.

Hell I should probably drop Shuler outta the top 5 completely, and put Ainge in over him. At least Ainge won the East twice and nearly eclipsed Shuler's career stats in a single season...lol

Our Defense is going to be ridiculous in a few years. I just hope we can start finding some 5* RB's to help this Offense.
Some have seemed surprised that we haven't done any better at the rb position (though I think Gray will be a legend).
But honestly, if you want to make the NFL with your body intact, who's looking at our OL and thinking "sweet!"?

Get the OL fixed, the backs will come.

Hi bignewt,
I needed to train my legs for 2 Boy Scout High Adventure camps that my son and I did this Summer. The first was a weeklong Canadian canoeing trip. The portages were brutal. I knew that I needed my core and legs stronger. I did a month long squat challenge. Not heavy weight (60 lbs backpack). In the month, I did a total of 3,000 squats. Every other day. Started with 100 on the first day and 300 on the last.

Trip 2 was backpacking in the mountains of New Mexico a little over a month after Canada. I knew that my legs needed more for this trip. That month, my pack weight increased to 70 lbs. my goal was 5,000 squats. At the end, I actually did 7,000. I got a little crazy. Good thing that I did. Our 32 mile trek ended up at 60 miles with my 55 lb. backpack. Another 20 miles without the pack...

In January, I weighed 230 with 30.6% body fat. I did not really start training until May. When I finished the trips, I am now down to 202 with 22.6% body fat. Went from a 38” waist to a 34”...

I am going up in my weight, but won’t go crazy. The funniest part is that I cannot wear the 34 waist because my thighs and glutes don’t fit. 🤠

My new goal is 15-18% body fat. Don’t care about total weight, but I want to stay over 200.
I am 56 and will turn 57 in October. I hope to reach my next goal by my birthday.

tl;dr

seriously though, I was referring to the humble braggers out there putting multi 45s on the bar to prove something after age 40.

Last edited:
Some have seemed surprised that we haven't done any better at the rb position (though I think Gray will be a legend).
But honestly, if you want to make the NFL with your body intact, who's looking at our OL and thinking "sweet!"?

Get the OL fixed, the backs will come.
that, and i don't think you have absolutely HAVE to have that 5* all everything RB. you can do it by committee, and you're right, if we fix the OL, you can get production from a "good" RB.

i think with the RB room we have right, now, we could see signifcant improvement in production from the RB if the OL gets where it needs to be.

so yeah, while i would love to get one of those top notch 5* backs...if we don't, i'm not really sweating it. plenty of other spots on the roster than i would consider "more imprtant"......

Hi bignewt,

Was the trip to New Mexico at Philmont? If so, it’s the most beautiful place I’ve ever been to.

Reactions: SportsVol
Week 1 of Fantasy College Football

We have for Game 1: Team "Hell Yeah" (-8.5) going up against Team "VolatilJr's Team"

We have for Game 2: Team "SOSSAAAAA" (-6.02) going up against Team "The He Gones"

We have for Game 3: Team "BIG NEWTS BALL DIPS" (-24.64) going up against Team "Vols_Deep"

We have for Game 4: Team "SLICKYINC" (+5.86) going up against Team "A team has no name"

We have for Game 5: Team "volatil" (+3.91) going up against Team "NashV97"

- Per Austin Price on Swain Event
i wouldn't read too much in to that. while true, i think you get these first 3 games, 2 of them for sure, that should give them opportunities to get plenty of reps.

i think there is an expectation that Morris and WRight both will just need some time to settle in to their respective positions.

assuming they progress as expected, i think the only thing that would surprise me is if they're not settled in by the time we get to the back half of the season.

but i'm not gonna lie....it's another fall camp where we're still moving guys around trying to find the right starting 5........and we've seen how that has played out the past few years....so yeah, there's some trepidation there.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back