Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know when The Nation starts back up on Sunday evenings with Chris Low ? Should be this week or next , but I haven’t seen anything on it yet

Nice comeback win and nice series win.
Snitker benching Acuna for staring at a HR ball that ended up a single was a good moment...specially with his replacement Ortega knocking out the game winning grand slam. Also two straight games that the pen held and Greene Melancon zeroed out the last two innings.

I’m shocked really. What a confidence booster. I didn’t get to watch, my brother said Acuña was pulled. Why was that?
He hit a deep fly to right, watched it fly, carried his bat to first base, and it hit off the top of the wall. Wound up just a single. He got a talking to down in the tunnel. Must’ve not gone over well bc he was subsequently pulled.

Also, if you pause it pre-snap, you see that WV saw us come out with I-formation, and brought down eight into the box. In order to do that, they had to put their DBs in single coverage, and the fact they were playing off the ball so far shows you that WV didn't think their DBs could run with our WRs and instead opted for a cushion.

No matter how you look at it, Guarantano made the right read on where to throw it, and it *looks* like Kennedy expected help which makes me think that O-line got the right blocking scheme called. So, if Johnson had gotten the blocking assignment, we got a quick throw to a WR with a ton of cushion against DB that has to make a solo open field tackle.

You execute that right, and you get Meachem's first TD against Cal in 2006. Same exact situation.

This, and I remember Pruitt saying Johnson hit the wrong hole. Had he picked up the block, different story.

Snitker benching Acuna for staring at a HR ball that ended up a single was a good moment...specially with his replacement Ortega knocking out the game winning grand slam. Also two straight games that the pen held and Greene Melancon zeroed out the last two innings.

Yep! If we can get Swanson and Riley back healthy and the pen holds up, we can make a run in the playoffs. I’m convinced we will be in the World Series within the next three to four years. We have a great young team, with more talent on the way. Fun to watch!

Ortega wasn't his replacement. Ortega started the game.

I keep these things in mind but consider other teams have question marks also

I mean, I think we out talent, on paper, 8-9 teams on our schedule but yet, most are only calling for 6-8 wins. Given those numbers, I think most everyone is taking the question marks into account.
For sure. However, I’m tempted to say our talent level is skewed because the majority of Butch players were misevaluated and as such it makes us about middle of the pack - talent wise - of the teams on our schedule.

Also, if you pause it pre-snap, you see that WV saw us come out with I-formation, and brought down eight into the box. In order to do that, they had to put their DBs in single coverage, and the fact they were playing off the ball so far shows you that WV didn't think their DBs could run with our WRs and instead opted for a cushion.

No matter how you look at it, Guarantano made the right read on where to throw it, and it *looks* like Kennedy expected help which makes me think that O-line got the right blocking scheme called. So, if Johnson had gotten the blocking assignment, we got a quick throw to a WR with a ton of cushion against DB that has to make a solo open field tackle.

You execute that right, and you get Meachem's first TD against Cal in 2006. Same exact situation.

I was at this game. That Cal team had Marshawn Lynch and Deshuan Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back