Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will!!!!

The lady was in her mid 40ā€™s. She had to live off 382 kept cussing the farmer and said his cows kept getting out.

Glad to see another Vol fan down this way. I get so much flack for wearing my gear out but idccccc. We go downtown every weekend and i swear if we beat GA I will plant a Tennessee flag in the roundabout

The Yoel fight could have easily been a draw...

Diaz was entertaining. One judge gave a round to Pettis; looked pretty clear that Diaz won all three rounds.... hint to DC, donā€™t let this go to the judges

Reactions: theicepik
Thatā€™s certainly uncalled for Darth.

I donā€™t put fake words in your post, therefore, please donā€™t do it to mine, and weā€™re all copacetic otherwise, not so much.
Agree. If you can't make it funny, don't get personal. We all Vol fans. Give each other ish but don't be dickheads.

Just want everyone to know that it takes someone well educated to be able to spell words the way that they would sound coming out of a super country persons mouth.

So well played sir. Well played. You are obviously trollin! With your yella vest on.
Yer welcome

DL

We have some very impressive looking guys there, itā€™s all about growing up for this group, the talent is there. Middleton, Williams and Butler/Emerson took 1stteam reps and all of them had their moments. All the DL will be challenged to play the run at an elite level but thatā€™s also the beauty, we have so many clones that they should at least always be fresh. Theyā€™re just not any big bodies like a Jonathan Allen was, they will be with another year in the weight room but thatā€™s a year away. All of them had their moments creating push vs the pass. DM had a couple of batted down passes as did GE and Butler. Those guys in particular are the best pass rushers we have such as it is. Itā€™s obvious DM is being pushed hard, he has a 1stround build, needs to add the nasty motor to that and he will be a bad mutha. Williams is a good plugger, Bill Duff like, good leverage, heā€™s wide and thick, plays the run better than the pass but had a couple of sweet swim moves inside rush to push the pocket vs JG and JT. Greg Emmerson was as impressive as anyone, he really has some talent, if Rock can get the best out of him heā€™ll be a star. Heā€™s also gonna get huge with another year in the S&C system. Elijahā€™s skill set is so impressive, but he is still figuring it out as, got jumped one time for lining up in the wrong gap. Again, these guys are being pushed like never before. The entire rotation played with urgency and intensity, again I think because they rotated so much. Butler is another clone/tater that can play, he is impressive looking out there, long arms and plays with a motor, he got as many reps as anyone. Bumphis was way better than I thought heā€™d be, showed a lot of aggressiveness and motor but fewer reps. Kingston Harris is another guy who will play this year and he really moves well for his size, dude is big and has some serious punch. Heā€™ll play 8-10 snaps a game but he has upside for the future. All of them are the same, big, athletic and fighters but as with the OL these guys need to be sharpened by getting thrown into the fire and they will get a ton of that this year. I feel this group will be the most improved over the course of the year, when the 2ndteam guys come in there will be no drop-off and rotating bodies with 7-8 guys will help keep them fresh. It was obvious the DL was way fresher than the OL by the end of a hot ass day.

OLB:

No need to go into detail on WGWTFA, he looks the part and he plays like a guy who has a ton of confidence and experience. Very excited to see him develop this year, he should have a massive year. Deandre seems to be the guy opposite him, he looks good, very quick and relentless at the point of attack. Played with good motor and leverage and got into the backfield a ton. Bennett took 2ndteam reps for DT and looked serviceable, his body transformation is incredible, looks great. Probably wonā€™t play a ton because of DT but he is gonna be in the mix so DT can rest. Now onto the names everyone is curious about. Q Crouch is being groomed as hard and fast as he can go, he will start off as a DPR. Man he is stout at the point of attack, canā€™t believe heā€™s a frosh, he is going to play a lot this year. He was also on the 1stteam kick coverage, he is going to knock some heads on kickoff, hope he kills a gator returner. Coaches were force feeding him reps and Rump was by his side every time he took a rep, coaching and correcting him. Every time he corrected him he came back the next play and did it right and usually made a play. He still has a lot to learn on how to disengage with a tackle, use his athletic ability to bend the edge but he will give his all for Tennessee. He needs a ton of work on technique but thatā€™s to be expected but that kid is a play maker and he is relentlessā€¦a real football player with some nasty. Roman was on the side working so unfortunately I didnā€™t get to see him move except in warms ups. All the reports are true, that kid like Q looks like a junior, built like true LB in this system. Those are the 5 guys, thatā€™s why BJO was such a huge pickup, we need 2 more guys for that spot in this class.

ILB:

Bituli is like DT, he looks so good and he will have a monster year as the mike. I think we all know what he has, tons of effort, called the D, made quick adjustments without coaches calling them at all. Heā€™s leaner looking, faster and quicker, he put the offseason to good use. Henry T is going to start day 1 as a frosh, thatā€™s damn amazing and exactly what this program needed. Heā€™s big, fast and one day is gonna be another Aldra Wilson, man heā€™s smooth. Did a pretty good job vs pass, got picked on a ton and Iā€™m sure that was by design as Pruitt and Chaney are giving him tons of looks to be prepared for. Against the run, he fills his gap decisively, not many false stepsā€¦He is ready to play and by USC game he should be playing some fine football. Super high on this kidā€¦Neids should have gotten a bonus for landing him.

Ignot was limited a bit, he repped but his ankle was taped as the guys have reportedā€¦He too like DB was very confident in his steps his gap integrity and he looks a lot better, bigger and stronger. I really think those 3 guys are going to make up a very solid coreā€¦He and HT will probably split reps 70/30%...Reid is going to be the 4thbecause heā€™s the 4thguy we have, heā€™s just short, built like a bulldog and can move, heā€™ll be a ST stalwart. Another walk-on that everyone told me to watch was #34 Deontae Beauchamp, he looks just like Darrin Kirkland as a frosh, built just like him, will need to add weight to play inside but he has the ability to move very well. Got 3rdteam reps and was very activeā€¦Love guys like this, heā€™s from Hazel Green, AL and had some offers but Pruitt talked him into coming and he is a good add from a depth standpoint. Another spot we need 2-3 guys in this cycle due to lack of depth.

CB:

The two starters are serious SEC level talents, good news for us as this D is predicated on having great cornersā€¦Alonte looks so much better than LY, he is fluid and smooth, heā€™s going to be a star. Thompson is the same, he looks so much bigger than LY, his biggest weakness LY was how slight he was which hindered him from being a good tackler. Such a great athlete and like AT very fluid and smooth. Burrell is gonna play a ton, heā€™s very good but like almost all frosh, itā€™s gonna take time to adjust to this level of playā€¦He didnā€™t back down one single time from the challenge of JJ or Calloway, great to see his competitive nature. They force fed him a bunch of reps vs 1ā€™s and 2ā€™sā€¦heā€™s getting baptized. The sleeper in this group is Means, that dude is loooong and he had a few incredible breakups, I was impressed with him, he really stood out. On kick coverage team, Chaney challenged him to use that speed as the outside guy on the 2ndrep and man did he take that to heart, he took off and blazed down there like a flash 5 yards ahead of everyone else. Super excited about his potential, hope he can work in at his own pace. Didnā€™t see much of Soloman out there, he took a few reps but nothing muchā€¦RS guys for sure but heā€™s fast as well.

Safety:

Warrior is gonna have a breakout season, he looks amazing and he was everywhere, running the alley, dropping deep, communicating aggressively and running with everyone out there. DT, DB and NW should all have massive seasons and that gives us one guy at each level that should be big time. Flowers and Theo Jackson played a ton with NW in the back end. Didnā€™t see Flowers a ton, he played centerfield when NW dropped down in the boxā€¦Same for Jackson who had a big hit on the sideline, he was playing with reckless abandon and it was exciting to watch. That kid is built like a safety, tall and rangy, totally impressed with his play. Add McCollough to the mix and we have 5 guys who can play, he too needs a ton of reps and live action to take part in to get him better. Heā€™s well built, big and goes 100%...Canā€™t wait to see all these guys fight it out in the spring, the competition back there is going to be intense.

Star:

Sham, George, Fields and Labruzza all got reps at star but this is SSā€™s spot, he looked like that frosh that stood toe-to-toe with bammy as a frosh, no fearā€¦DA has been good for him as Hubbs and crew has surmised. He is going to be good there, he played with a ton of confidence and used his strength well both vs the run and the pass. Very decisive in some reps on swing passes, he just was flying around out there. I think George will be the guy who challenges for game reps with him all year and will play some as well. Heā€™s big and strong, got a ton of coaching and he looked good out there, moves effortlessly. Did a good job of reading and reacting to the ball and played with the 1ā€™s on kick coverage. The backend is serious SEC level talented and they were ball hawking all day, lots of tipped balls, PBUā€™s and ints. If this defense goes form the back to the front, it should be extremely improved in all aspects.

K:

Cimaglia is a stud, he kicked the ball through the uprights form all over the place, just drilled them, looked like Wilhoit out thereā€¦He missed a 55 yarder on his last kick but I think he just missed the ball and didnā€™t strike it well, worst form of any of his kicks. Like he was trying to muscle it instead of just smooth swinging his leg. Kicker is in good hands with him. Brooks also made all his except the long one as well, missed it left but had the distance. Good backup, letā€™s hope we donā€™t need him and BS keeps his strangle hold on the job. Didnā€™t see any punting workā€¦

Overall this defense is going to be deeper, bigger and faster along with the guys knowing what to do on a higher level than anytime LY. Defensive coaches are awesome, all of them Rump & Rock were working like crazy with their guys, teaching and explaining, Rump and Crouch were tied at the hip all day, good to see. DA was very measured in his coaching, he was intensely observing his group from all over the place, was very intense and focused on the details. Pruitt has given his D some serious help with that hire, if he lets DA do his work on gameday itā€™ll free him up to be the man.

One cool scene was at the mid-way point of practice the team was given a 5 minute break and while they were getting hydrated, Fulmer and Pruitt stood at midfield having a very intense skull sessionā€¦So impressed that those two guys are all about one thing and one thing only, restoring the Big Orange among the nationā€™s elite CFB programs. CPF watched the entire practice (didnā€™t do any coaching lol) like a lion watching an injured gazelle, and yes he had that look in his eyeā€¦The respect is mutual between them, and as I always say, the best thing Pruitt has going for him is a guy that wonā€™t allow him to fail.

Thatā€™s it, hope everyone enjoyedā€¦as I said in the original post, Hubbs and crew are awesome, how they can give as much detail with the pitiful amount of time they get to see is amazing. Had a few people talk about him like he was a legend and they all have a ton of respect for him.
- The guy on VQ that got to watch the scrimmage.

Maaaaan. Itā€™s never safe to go out to town. We was coming back from the store & this dumbass lady driving with no headlights ran into two freaking calfā€™s. She had her pregnant daughter in the car along with her 4 year old granddaughter. This all happened in front of us, like we was going northbound and they was coming southbound & the story doesnā€™t end there.

This crazy ass old women came out of her car guns blazing right? Shooting these cows. I swear she shot at least 9 rounds. My wife went to check on one and it charged her because the women couldnā€™t aim worth a **** and she fired more rounds & she missed again causing the bullet to ricochet and graze my arm.

So all in all. Donā€™t ever go to Georgia!
dee.jpg

Im not doubting we are better and I like the optimism (lol) but the dude probably would say I was a D1 football player if I walked on the practice field. Some crazyyy orange tinted glasses

Yeah, taking these at face value.. instead of feeling like 98, I'm rounding down and feeling like 07. Cimaglia with some clutch kicks to win a couple hard fought pencil L's, yes please

Maaaaan. Itā€™s never safe to go out to town. We was coming back from the store & this dumbass lady driving with no headlights ran into two freaking calfā€™s. She had her pregnant daughter in the car along with her 4 year old granddaughter. This all happened in front of us, like we was going northbound and they was coming southbound & the story doesnā€™t end there.

This crazy ass old women came out of her car guns blazing right? Shooting these cows. I swear she shot at least 9 rounds. My wife went to check on one and it charged her because the women couldnā€™t aim worth a **** and she fired more rounds & she missed again causing the bullet to ricochet and graze my arm.

So all in all. Donā€™t ever go to Georgia!
If this is true, this is the best story I've ever heard. Well at least the most redneck.

Reactions: whitw
Look around gentlemen. You are living through a Volnation legend as it is unfolding

We was gathered 'round the fire on a Sat'day night, or maybe a Sundy morn, when the rocktopper sat down. You could see he carried a heavy burden. So we passed him a beer and he told us a tale like we'd never heard before...

It was about Buicks and bucks, calves and hags, and ended in bullets and blood. We breathed a sigh of relief when he came through in one piece but his stories were not quite done.

Im not doubting we are better and I like the optimism (lol) but the dude probably would say I was a D1 football player if I walked on the practice field. Some crazyyy orange tinted glasses

15-0 and until we arenā€™t seems to be the prevailing attitude with many.

Reactions: Sleegro
Pruitt on separating the players from the play-makers:

ā€œWell, I like to look at it like this. Letā€™s say me and Zach (Stipe) are both playing corner. Weā€™ll just use that position. So Zach might be playing with the best technique. He plays with the best technique, he never makes a mental error. Heā€™s always in the right spot. But during the course of the scrimmage, there are five opportunities for Zach to make a play and heā€™s makes absolutely none of them. Now Zach has been in the program for four years. Or two years or whatever. Been through two springs and now a second fall. So he has a better understanding. Then you have me. I just got here. Iā€™m learning the technique. Iā€™m somewhere in between. I donā€™t always know what to do. I might not be lined up with proper leverage, might not have my eyes in the right spot. But over a scrimmage, I get five plays and I make four out of five. Alright, so youā€™re the coach, do you want to coach me or coach Zach? You with me?

Weā€™re at that point right now. We have some guys in our program that, because theyā€™ve been here and they have experience, they kind of have the know-how. And thatā€™s important, right? Zach is in the right spot all the time. Lots of times the play wonā€™t present itself to him because he is in the right spot. And somebody like me, who might not know what Iā€™m doing, Iā€™m not in the right spot so the ball can come at me that many more times. So thereā€™s a fine line there about are you coaching the right people.

Thatā€™s something that we have to make a decision on in the next couple days moving forward, because there will be some guys that are not ready to play right now that the fourth or fifth week, they might be starting. I mean, weā€™ve got a guy on our coaching staff, Nate Andrews, heā€™s a graduate assistant. Heā€™s a high school quarterback in Mobile. We signed him at Florida State (in 2013). About this time right here, Iā€™m sitting here thinking, ā€˜Lord have mercy, what am I doing signing this guy?ā€™ Couldnā€™t backpedal, couldnā€™t get it right. By the fourth game, he was starting on a team that ended up winning the national championship and he led us in caused fumbles and interceptions. We were right all along, we just didnā€™t have the patience to begin with, so there will be guys like that.ā€

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back