Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate the dreadnoughts.

Gators got 3 of Lakeland kids last year and remember in 2017 they got the 4 or 5 star WR James Robinson out of Lakeland. Kid had all the talent in the world but couldn't stay out of trouble in Lakeland and Gainesville and then had medical issues I believe last I heard.

What's up with the panice about fentanyl in the Mary Jane at Bonarroo? Is this really something to worry about or just another attempt at media-driven hysteria?

I don't know if it is related but there have been 5 "overdose" deaths in Chattanooga this past week and there have been warnings put out about it.

5 Suspected Drug Overdoses In Last 2 Days Lead Police To Believe Dangerous Drugs Are In Circulation; HC Coalition Offering Overdose Reversal Training

"alcohol is a factor in 40% of all violent crimes, and a study of college students found that the rates of mental and physical abuse were higher on days when couples drank. "

"A recent study looking at cannabis use and intimate partner violence in the first decade of marriage found that marijuana users were significantly less likely to commit violence against a partner than those who did not use the drug. "

I particularly land on this. Heard of too many abusive relationships where alcohol played a big role. On the flipside, have many couple friends that smoke together and it would be hard to imagine how it would ever cause similar issues. It isn't just the internal health issues, but the societal ones.

What's up with the panice about fentanyl in the Mary Jane at Bonarroo? Is this really something to worry about or just another attempt at media-driven hysteria?
Scary and sucks if true. But I've also been there about 6 times and rarely do people not bring their own. Buying weed there is sort of laughable, but I guess it happens. People sell a lot of things there, but can never remember someone selling that. That is like selling alcohol there, everyone already has their own.

Reactions: WeeohdeeWood
"alcohol is a factor in 40% of all violent crimes, and a study of college students found that the rates of mental and physical abuse were higher on days when couples drank. "

"A recent study looking at cannabis use and intimate partner violence in the first decade of marriage found that marijuana users were significantly less likely to commit violence against a partner than those who did not use the drug. "

I particularly land on this. Heard of too many abusive relationships where alcohol played a big role. On the flipside, have many couple friends that smoke together and it would be hard to imagine how it would ever cause similar issues. It isn't just the internal health issues, but the societal ones.

Pretty much! Ive seen it too. To be clear I love drinking, I'm not against it at all. Just an interesting conversation generally with older folks who dont really seem to understand marijuana. Anywho im off topic now so nvm

Reactions: Devo182
At Bonnaroo there are an abundance of drug testing kit companies that sell their kits at festivals or test it for you for a price. If a festival goer is actually worried they can go get their stuff tested. Technically these kit companies are illegal too but they are very prevalent at festivals, especially bonnaroo.

Scary and sucks if true. But I've also been there about 6 times and rarely do people not bring their own. Buying weed there is sort of laughable, but I guess it happens. People sell a lot of things there, but can never remember someone selling that. That is like selling alcohol there, everyone already has their own.

Yeah MJ is one of the least sought after drugs there. Most just bring their own.

Last time I saw Panic, at Ascend, someone passed my wife a j. We're old enough to not expect something extra in there. I guess that's where the problem could arise.

The data about alcohol vs weed is interesting although I'm not sure about the science behind that research. I can't make an educated guess because most of the time I ever smoked I was also drinking and so were the people around me.

I do have a friend who only smokes weed, gave up booze and other stuff because his liver is fried and gave up tobacco due to heart problems. He smokes dope all day long. He has crazy violent outbursts over mundane inconveniences, which seems counter to the peaceful pothead image. Back when he was drinking and doing blow every day, he was a lot of fun and never went off that I recall.

At Bonnaroo there are an abundance of drug testing kit companies that sell their kits at festivals or test it for you for a price. If a festival goer is actually worried they can go get their stuff tested. Technically these kit companies are illegal too but they are very prevalent at festivals, especially bonnaroo.

Yes and the cops love kicking them out! Shameful.

Last time I saw Panic, at Ascend, someone passed my wife a j. We're old enough to not expect something extra in there. I guess that's where the problem could arise.

The data about alcohol vs weed is interesting although I'm not sure about the science behind that research. I can't make an educated guess because most of the time I ever smoked I was also drinking and so were the people around me.

I do have a friend who only smokes weed, gave up booze and other stuff because his liver is fried and gave up tobacco due to heart problems. He smokes dope all day long. He has crazy violent outbursts over mundane inconveniences, which seems counter to the peaceful pothead image. Back when he was drinking and doing blow every day, he was a lot of fun and never went off that I recall.

There is definitely something to say about moderation. Smoking "all day long" could certainly change your brain chemistry. But it also affects those predisposed to those with mental/psychiatric issues. So maybe it wasn't something he exhibited before, at least in front of you, but it brings it out in him. People that have psychiatric reactions probably shouldn't take any psychedelic, ever.

Yes and the cops love kicking them out! Shameful.

Yup. My buddy was telling me a story a couple years back of him sitting outside his campsite smoking a blunt while the cops came by. They didn’t say a word to him, didn’t care about the fact he was openly smoking weed, but then a few minutes later the same cops walked by with a guy in cuffs walking with them. He was arrested for testing pills for festival goers.

You can bet your bottom dollar marijuana factories will put stuff in them to make them more addictive

Is there really a need? I don't doubt they would, but there wouldn't be a shortage of folks willing to buy straight marijuana cigarettes with nothing else added. Like Volatil said, it increases costs and kills your clientele faster.

Reactions: Sleegro
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back