Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sneaker world is a rabbit hole I'm not ready for. The only sneakers I have are running shoes, and even then it's hard finding a pair that fit properly, and aren't some ugly canvass of bright neon colors.

This was a pretty interesting article about the Penny shoes though - Nike Foamposites Are the Ugly Shoe That Everyone Loves
I'm old enough that fashion takes a back seat to comfort. Are these supposed to be really comfortable?

I'm old enough that fashion takes a back seat to comfort. Are these supposed to be really comfortable?
Nike makes a comfortable shoe. I even wear the worn out pairs outside to work in.

Edit: just making a general comment. Have no idea how these foam shoes are.

Personally I think Nikes are the least comfortable shoes to wear.
It all depends on a person's foot I suppose. I used to have a lot of foot problems until I switched to NB and then I found a similar shoe in Nike that fit my feet a bit better. Haven't ever worn a different brand tennis shoe since.

It all depends on a person's foot I suppose. I used to have a lot of foot problems until I switched to NB and then I found a similar shoe in Nike that fit my feet a bit better. Haven't ever worn a different brand tennis shoe since.
I usually get used to whichever. Wear the same brand repeatedly, switch to a new kind and think "these are horrible". 3 months later, that's the only brand that feels right.
The amount of break-in time does seem to vary though.

Reactions: Aesius
Either way you slice it, they are about to be a big problem for us. Just like football, we haven’t been keeping the elite players in state. Penny was going to be given resources to do well in Memphis, so we better get ready for that game to be miserable from here on out.
If you mean miserable for Memphis, then I agree.

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
Personally I think Nikes are the least comfortable shoes to wear.
Usually I agree. But I bought a pair of the "natural" running shoes... And I love em.

Also have a pair of NB I really like.

But salomon are the best ones I've bought in a long time..

Who thinks Tiger sort of wrote off this PGA champ? Didn't play since the Masters at all. Maybe he feels Pebble is worth more prep.
He didn’t write it off per se, but I don’t believe any part of him ever really thought he could win this. With some PGAs lately being set up like US opens, I think his time of winning that type of tournament has passed. Last year’s PGA wasn’t set up as much like a US open.

I think Pebble will whip his ass but he’ll contend at the Open Championship.

I think that’s his future as well. Contend at Augusta and the British, maybe the PGA depending on how the course is set up. I don’t think he’ll ever contend for a US Open again. And I think he’ll only plays 6-10 other events in a season outside of the Majors.

Finding the right shoe is all that matters. My feet are a bit too wide for Nikes and I'm on my feet all day so that's a bad combination.

I was at the Braves/Cards game Thursday night and sat beside a Michigan grad. Said he was a team manager back when we played them in the Citrus Bowl. He described how we had so many huge dudes that could flat out fly like Witten. He has never witnessed anything like before in person.

Also said our entire team talked trash the whole time. Even Kelley Washington came up to him and called him a “punk b1tch”.

I told him that’s why we don’t win anymore. We don’t have dogs that will talk trash to everyone including the team Manager. Cool story bro.

I meant Memphis kids stay in Memphis.......no matter who the coach is.
They didn't for Tubby, in fact the 2 good ones that were on team when Tubby came left for Kansas.. Penny still has the juice but as Butchna said now he will have to produce.. Penny was my favorite but the jury is still out on coaching.. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back