Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Average less than 3? Most people should. Easiest way to shave strokes and probably the quickest fix for most people. Speed, speed, speed.

It's funny how little that tends to be emphasized. Most miss their length far worse than they miss their line, but both affect the outcome equally.

Keon Johnson, The Webb School, Shooting Guard

By the way he attends The Webb School in Bell Buckle,Tn......not The Webb School of Knoxville.

It was thought to be between Us and Vandy for him before Vandy made a coaching change. He's announcing on Aug 6th and distance is a big factor in his decision.

This place isn't too far from where I live, and I don't know much about it, but I see one of their buses from time to time.

I should probably go talk to him about going to UT. That's a good idea, right?

Average less than 3? Most people should. Easiest way to shave strokes and probably the quickest fix for most people. Speed, speed, speed.
Yea, that was supposed to say ‘make me average less than 3 putts a hole.”

I was looking for pointers. I’ve heard that about speed. But I feel like speed one day is complete different than the next.

I have noticed my touch around the greens has improved markedly. I guess I should practice putting more

Last edited:

I was looking for pointers. I’ve heard that about speed. But I feel like speed one day is complete different than the next.

I have noticed my touch around the greens has improved markedly. I guess I should practice putting more

Most amateurs tend to miss lag putts outside of say 15-20 ft on the low side of the break, so a good thought in addition to speed control, is to play a tad more break than you read on lag puts and let them feed to the hole.

Also get your hands more upright at address and elbows tucked closer to your body.

Updated 2019 recruiting class team rankings after transfers and players who left team

Who compiled this?

Does this still include Anthony Harris? I'm kinda pessimistic on his chances on making it in, just based on our history with stuff like that.

Edit: If Harris doesn't make it in, our score would be 283.55, 11th place between Oregon and LSU, still ahead of Florida.

Last edited:

Speed is a feel thing. Practice doesn't make perfect, but makes you better. Does the grass have a "grain" (blades of grass leaning in a particular direction)? Our Alto course has a grain (faster speed) away from Sierra Blanca, slower towards it. Sometimes our side hill putts break uphill!

Line: Are you a "spot" putter? In other words, do you putt at the hole or at a spot that is closer but on your intended line? My putting improved a lot when I started using the Lee Trevino spot putting technique. If you have read the speed and line correctly and hit your spot, the ball should go in the hole. Kinda like bowling where you aim at marks on the lane instead of the pins.

Most importantly, no wrist action on putts, just straight back, straight through. And try different putters. My best putter by far is my wife's Idea brand putter. She gave it to me and I've kept it, for some reason I can putt with it while consistently keeping it on line, unlike my center-shafted blade putters.

Hope this helps and I haven't insulted your intelligence.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Same. Used to a lot more. But what helped was listening to pilots talk about it. Also, next time you are a passenger in a car, close your eyes and feel how much you get bounced around. Far more than turbulence so it's a frame of reference issue.
The best tip I got though, was look at the flight attendants. Are they out with the drink cart, are they just going about their business, are they still answering call buttons? They know better than anyone if it was something to worry about.
Yeah, the car thing really helped me a several years ago. Most turbulence is the equivalent of driving down a gravel road instead of a paved one. There are very few turbulence situations where the pilots are white knuckling it.

Is it just me or do other people think JUCO CB’s don’t make much sense? Taylor and Thompson are here at least 2 more years, and Fields and Burrel FR backing them up next year. Wish it was some OL or DL instead.
At Green's size he could easily be a safety or nickel. If he's good enough, he'll find his way onto the field. 6 INTs in just 8 games say he can play some ball. Pruitt wants disruptive gamechangers and he could be one.

Not sure what you're saying here. You think there's a chance he'd consider the Vols? Not sure if we recruited him before.

Not at all. Just that if we had 1 to pick, I'd prefer a DE, OG, or DT and he fits the bill. I still hope we can't take any transfers at all because Harris miraculously makes it in. If what Griddle says is true, Harris is an absolute baller. Want.

No doubt. I probably fly 20-30x a year but no matter what when the bumps come intense up lol. I did read an article that helped. Said it’s like a boat on the water.
Another thing you ought to try is to have a cup of water or your beverage of choice on your tray and watch it in turbulence. You’ll be surprised how little it moves compared to how much you feel like you’re moving. Most turbulence has the plane moving between a 16th and an 8th of an inch. The reason it feels like so much more is because of how fast you are going.

No doubt. I probably fly 20-30x a year but no matter what when the bumps come intense up lol. I did read an article that helped. Said it’s like a boat on the water.
Same here. I don't fly any where near as often as I used to but that was me as well.

I don't like not being in the driver's seat lol.

I would say supporting your son is a big enough reason to flip. If you had a son that played for Alabama I’m sure you would have a crimson shirt.
On signing day yes.

Long way to go for that bridge to be burned. Anything can happen Senior year of HS

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back